Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Is it because you guys can never win with what you have? Do you guys always need the next, new shiny toy, to complete with the ELITE teams??
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Batz
Shit just got serious
 
Batz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,443
Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Poetry
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Poetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 797
Poetry is considered somewhat coolPoetry is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

They have a winning tradition and an attractive market that appeals to players.
Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust
 
KOBE143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KB Center
Posts: 2,189
KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Best franchise
Best organization
Best management
Best fans
Best player Kobe
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
fsvr54
F*ck Society
 
fsvr54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,716
fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Best franchise
Best organization
Best management
Best fans
Best player Kobe


fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetry
They have a winning tradition and an attractive market that appeals to players.

That has nothing to do with the thread. I asked why do the Lakers always need this guy or that guy? What's wrong with the guys they have?

Oh that's right. Their coaching, and Chuckbe Bryant.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar
 
SpecialQue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,128
SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Is it because you guys can never win with what you have? Do you guys always need the next, new shiny toy, to complete with the ELITE teams??

No, it's because they have a lot of great trade assets and because a lot of the people who post here are Laker fans.

Also, you're a bitch.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Woods
Posts: 18,605
Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
I asked why do the Lakers always need this guy or that guy? What's wrong with the guys they have?

It's not just the coaching and "chuckbe bryant" that's the problem, though both of them have to share the blame too.

Dwight Howard is not playing up to the level he did in previous years and his offensive game in the post looks bad at times, despite what his numbers might tell you. Doesn't help that he's playing hurt.

Pau Gasol has seriously regressed and is averaging career lows in some major categories. His defense is also bad. Still doesn't look 100% healthy at times and has to switch roles from the bench to starter.

Steve Nash is the oldest player on the team and his defense isn't going to ever get better. He's also had to adjust in playing off ball.

Metta World Peace can still play tough, but with his age has obviously slown down, and can be erratic on offense.

Earl Clark has been nice surprise with his two way play and skill, so he's actually done great in his starting minutes.

After that, the bench productivity really drops off. Jamison might make shots but he misses a way more and isn't the best defender either. Meeks can shoot, but again, doesn't play good defense. Same thing can be said about Steve Blake and Chris Duhon. Darius Morris can actually play good defense and shoot, but is so erratic with his offense. Every time I see this guy drive to the basket, he bricks the shot... Does Devin Ebanks needs much of a mention ?

It's a shame Jordan Hill is out for the season. He really at times was like the hustle and heart of this team from a pure energy standpoint. Would have been fun to see a Hill/Clark duo out there.

And then it comes back to the 2 other pieces you brought up: coaching and "chuckbe".

There have been 3 different coaches this year. That means a lot of different systems be applied to the players. Again, it doesn't help when some of these players are coming of injuries, or are getting injured. It doesn't help that the defense blows.

And "chuckbe" has to play different roles on all 3 coaches and yes... he has chucked like a maniac at times and cost some games for the Lakers this year. His defense has been bad too. His new role is admirable and he's still the best player on the team, clearly.

Conclusion of, roles changes, coaching changes, aging player, bad defense, bad chemisty = 21-26 record and looking out of the playoffs.

So, why exactly shouldn't the Lakers, the 2nd most valuable team in the entire NBA, with one of the biggest fanbases, corner stone franchises, with a lot riding on some of these players... could possibly suggest that they have a winning formula ? Why would they not look for other players and big trades when the current formula has been completely sub par and a total disappointment ?

They get involved in these big trades or talks of it because they've still got ways to get some leverage and make things happen. That's what a top franchise does. A lot of fans hate the Lakers franchise and fans... and there's obvious reason why, but for them to find better options for a 21-26 team... how can anyone really blame them when the current players, outside of Bryant and Howard (I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt in some scenarios)... have been either mediocre or underwhelmingly bad this season.

A trade or a big one, might just be what the Lakers are looking for.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
It's not just the coaching and "chuckbe bryant" that's the problem, though both of them have to share the blame too.

Dwight Howard is not playing up to the level he did in previous years and his offensive game in the post looks bad at times, despite what his numbers might tell you. Doesn't help that he's playing hurt.

Pau Gasol has seriously regressed and is averaging career lows in some major categories. His defense is also bad. Still doesn't look 100% healthy at times and has to switch roles from the bench to starter.

Steve Nash is the oldest player on the team and his defense isn't going to ever get better. He's also had to adjust in playing off ball.

Metta World Peace can still play tough, but with his age has obviously slown down, and can be erratic on offense.

Earl Clark has been nice surprise with his two way play and skill, so he's actually done great in his starting minutes.

After that, the bench productivity really drops off. Jamison might make shots but he misses a way more and isn't the best defender either. Meeks can shoot, but again, doesn't play good defense. Same thing can be said about Steve Blake and Chris Duhon. Darius Morris can actually play good defense and shoot, but is so erratic with his offense. Every time I see this guy drive to the basket, he bricks the shot... Does Devin Ebanks needs much of a mention ?

It's a shame Jordan Hill is out for the season. He really at times was like the hustle and heart of this team from a pure energy standpoint. Would have been fun to see a Hill/Clark duo out there.

And then it comes back to the 2 other pieces you brought up: coaching and "chuckbe".

There have been 3 different coaches this year. That means a lot of different systems be applied to the players. Again, it doesn't help when some of these players are coming of injuries, or are getting injured. It doesn't help that the defense blows.

And "chuckbe" has to play different roles on all 3 coaches and yes... he has chucked like a maniac at times and cost some games for the Lakers this year. His defense has been bad too. His new role is admirable and he's still the best player on the team, clearly.

Conclusion of, roles changes, coaching changes, aging player, bad defense, bad chemisty = 21-26 record and looking out of the playoffs.

So, why exactly shouldn't the Lakers, the 2nd most valuable team in the entire NBA, with one of the biggest fanbases, corner stone franchises, with a lot riding on some of these players... could possibly suggest that they have a winning formula ? Why would they not look for other players and big trades when the current formula has been completely sub par and a total disappointment ?

They get involved in these big trades or talks of it because they've still got ways to get some leverage and make things happen. That's what a top franchise does. A lot of fans hate the Lakers franchise and fans... and there's obvious reason why, but for them to find better options for a 21-26 team... how can anyone really blame them when the current players, outside of Bryant and Howard (I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt in some scenarios)... have been either mediocre or underwhelmingly bad this season.

A trade or a big one, might just be what the Lakers are looking for.

Didn't read all that, but my question still stands. Why do all the blockbuster trades WITHIN THE INSIDEHOOPS community always involve the Lakers?

I don't give a damn, that your players have been struggling. Great teams, players, coaches, find a way to manage with what they have, and find a way to win.

Why do the Lakers have a million and one excuses?

EX. My Bulls lost their franchise player. We're still a top 3 team. At the end of the day, the Lakers still have Chuckbe, Dwight, Gasol, Nash. Is this really a crazy question to be asking?

Last edited by tikay0 : 02-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
Nash
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,246
Nash has decent reputation
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

The city, the glamour of hollywood, a Kardashian..
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Woods
Posts: 18,605
Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Didn't read all that, but my question still stands. Why do all the blockbuster trades WITHIN THE INSIDEHOOPS community always involve the Lakers?

I don't give a damn, that your players have been struggling. Great teams, players, coaches, find a way to manage with what they have, and find a way to win.

Just to be clear, I'm not a Laker fan. What I typed, is what I've seen from the Lakers this year when I catch them.

As far as "trades in the ISH community"... I've seen trades of any other team that's being talked about a lot too. This a pretty heavy Laker forum, so trades are going to be discussed about them.

This isn't a great team, it doesn't have a great coach, and the constant injuries, defense, and depth is a big problem with this team.

Quote:
Why do the Lakers have a million and one excuses?

EX. My Bulls lost their franchise player. We're still a top 3 team. At the end of the day, the Lakers still have Chuckbe, Dwight, Gasol, Nash. Is this really a crazy question to be asking?

Sometimes there's the pride of being a littler spoiled with success. Some are reasonable, but I can understand if it can get annoying to listen to a lot of the excuses.

As for the team comparison of the Bulls vs the Lakers. It's not a crazy question at all and you shouldn't be asking this if you just read my post dude... But anyways, your looking at it from the paper. Gasol and Nash are NOT what they used to be. No where near what your probably raising the bar to where they are supposed to be...

Neither his Howard for that matter, because he's still playing hurt. His offensive isn't as effective and his defense is still strong, but not at the rate of how it was bringing him DPOY's. Kobe's defense isn't good and has to play different roles that your asking way too much of what he can do at this point as opposed to what he could do when he was a younger, more athletic version of himself.

The Bulls ? Have more depth, better rebounding, MUCH better defense, better coaching... Noah I can say has been outplaying Howard, Boozer has outplayed Gasol, Deng has outplayed MWP... Nash and Kobe outplay their counter parts. But the Bulls just bring it much more on the defensive end and rebound better, pass better. They are the better team and will get better when Rose comes back.

The Lakers aren't what you think they are. Don't look at the names, watch them play and you will see. The talent from a depth and consistency standpoint from their main players to role players just isn't there.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12,634
oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Didn't read all that, but my question still stands. Why do all the blockbuster trades WITHIN THE INSIDEHOOPS community always involve the Lakers?

I don't give a damn, that your players have been struggling. Great teams, players, coaches, find a way to manage with what they have, and find a way to win.

Why do the Lakers have a million and one excuses?

EX. My Bulls lost their franchise player. We're still a top 3 team. At the end of the day, the Lakers still have Chuckbe, Dwight, Gasol, Nash. Is this really a crazy question to be asking?



No, but basketball is a business where, if you arent succeeding, then you look to improve.


Does this dynamic have to be explained to you, or did you just make this thread to rip the Lakers? Because so far, you dont accept the answers youve been given.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,566
Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

It's the team/players that seek unfair advantages that deserve hate. Only way to beat a big 3 is to get a big 3... And only way to beat a super team is to get a super team. Are the Lakers supposed to go at Pierce/KG/Allen with Kobe/Odom/Fisher?

Are the Lakers supposed to go at LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Allen with Kobe/Pau/Bynum?

No..

The Lakers never once created an unfair advantage. Every time they've gotten talent it was in order to catch up to another team. Before the big 3 Celtics got together, the Lakers had Kobe, 1 solid role player + scrubs. Then they had to get Gasol because Bynum got injured and McHale colluding with his former team. Then because of the Celtics getting even deeper and Shaq and Jamison going to Cleveland. The Lakers needed to get another player in Artest.

Then because of Miami getting together with LeBron/Bosh/Wade and soon after getting Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.. the Lakers needed to get Howard, Jamison and Nash to go with Kobe and Gasol.


So you see.. its never the Lakers with more than anyone else. It's them trying to stay competitive with all the other colluding BS. Hate on and blame teams like Boston and Miami. They f*ck sh*t up,

The Lakers were perfectly happy winning championships with 2 star players (Shaq/Kobe and then Kobe/Gasol) now you need 3-4 star players just to have a chance.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,135
TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Best franchise
Best organization
Best management
Best fans
Best player Kobe






Kobetards are phaggits
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
wakencdukest
Local High School Star
 
wakencdukest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,504
wakencdukest has decent reputationwakencdukest has decent reputation
Default Re: How come all the blockbuster trades involve the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Is it because you guys can never win with what you have? Do you guys always need the next, new shiny toy, to complete with the ELITE teams??


We've won plenty in the past, so your question is; why can't we win with what we have right now? We have a 39 year old point guard who CANNOT guard anyone. We have a center who has no low post game and can't seem to catch a pass in the post. We have a 33 year old power forward who seems to go soft when the game gets physical. World peace is getting old. Kobe is getting old. We have no team chemistry. Our bench is questionable. We have a coach who ignores defense. Even with all these problems I'm still hopeful that they can put it all together and make the playoffs. Now, my question for you is: Do you even know anything about basketball? How can you look at this Laker team and not know why fans want trades? Are you seriously that stupid that you can't see why Laker fans are frustrated? The Lakers will never build through the draft like your team, you know why? Because they never lose consistently for ten years at a time. They've had 2 lottery picks in the past 30 years. That's why the Lakers have to make trades to get decent players. Is that enough answers for you?
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy