Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    raep tiem

Default Re: Jonny Flynn Couldn't Even Be The Best Player On His Australasian League Team

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Better NBA career than V-Span though
    This should really end the thread

Default Re: Jonny Flynn Couldn't Even Be The Best Player On His Australasian League Team

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The NBL IS the Australasian League. It's not a league for just Australian teams. It's a league for Australasian teams (Australia and New Zealand).
    It's also fu*king garbage and nobody watches or gives a shit about it here..
    It might be the only league in the world that's even worse than the euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The NBL IS the Australasian League. It's not a league for just Australian teams. It's a league for Australasian teams (Australia and New Zealand).
    I live in Australia and follow the league, it has never been referred to as the Australasian league except by you.

The league is called the National Basketball League, or NBL if you prefer, just because it includes a team from NZ doesn't make it Australiasian by default, even the Kiwi's (New Zealanders for those who don't know) refer to it as the Australian National Basketball League ANBL instead of NBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    I live in Australia and follow the league, it has never been referred to as the Australasian league except by you.

The league is called the National Basketball League, or NBL if you prefer, just because it includes a team from NZ doesn't make it Australiasian by default, even the Kiwi's (New Zealanders for those who don't know) refer to it as the Australian National Basketball League ANBL instead of NBL.
    Also this..

Never heard of Australasian league

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

So someone who was a horrendous NBA player was awful elsewhere? Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    So someone who was a horrendous NBA player was awful elsewhere? Shocking.
    He is playing pretty decently.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    It's also fu*king garbage and nobody watches or gives a shit about it here..
    It might be the only league in the world that's even worse than the euroleague
    You don't seem to know much about international ball.

Leagues like the SEABL in Australia are a similar standard to the Chinese League IMO. The NBL is much better than the CBA (China). The NBL is a very good standard.

Euroleague (which is an entirely different concept) is an elite level competition.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    You don't seem to know much about international ball.

Leagues like the SEABL in Australia are a similar standard to the Chinese League IMO. The NBL is much better than the CBA (China). The NBL is a very good standard.

Euroleague (which is an entirely different concept) is an elite level competition.
    You don't seem to know much about trolling or sarcasm

And no, the nbl sucks.

I try watching the NBL, but it's freaking horrendous most times.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    lilard and gallinari? Udoh?
    It's just a position where a player who is hyped up but hasn't produced usually falls too. Because of this they can go either way
    In my initial post, I said "not all" I had 2 of those 3 player you mentioned in mind when I typed it.

Lillard & Gallinari are great and Udoh...I have no idea who he is...

OP, as per usual, carefully selected which parts of the story to tell:

Jonny Flynn finished 2nd in the league in scoring and 2nd in assists. We play 40 minute games down here so although his final figures of 17.4ppg and 5.9apg may look low, they're not bad considering most games finish in the 80's. From a purely statistical point of view, he was the best player on his team.

However, as the OP DIDN'T point out, either because a) he doesn't know what he's talking about, b) he's pushing the same tired old agenda (which is now a self parody that apparently everybody has realised except the OP himself) or c) both:

- Jonny joined the team mid-season. He simply didn't play enough games to warrant the team MVP award

- In Australia, team MVP's are often given to the player who not only provides the best statistical contribution but also exhibits the best work ethic, hustle etc. Intagibles, as Jay Bilas calls them. The gentleman who won the award, Chris Goulding - who the OP wouldn't know if he kicked him in the groin - is an energizer bunny who spends as much time putting the ball in the hoop as he does diving for it on the floor

I'd suggest EuroLeague keep to his eponymous trolling and leave Australia out of it. Or just do us all a favour and quit the internet

KBlaze88555, this is a good thread to include as part of your crusade to shut down factually inaccurate and garbage threads

Banned

To be fair to euroleague the last time I was at my folks their digital tv guide had the NBL game labelled as "Australasian league" was the first time I had seen it called that and I can't find it called that through google or on the NBL website. I didn't watch the game and actually thought it could have been some kind of inter league tournament or something with the surrounding oceanic area.
    Euroleague has still ignored my post about Flynn being 2nd in scoring and assists in the league. Always an agenda.

Another point on Flynn, wasn't he coming back from injury when he played his first games in Australia? I seem to remember reading something about it but i may be wrong on that so feel free to correct me

1. I'm glad you pointed out that Flynn was 2nd in scoring and assists.

2. Flynn was coming back from a hip problem, yes.

3. One could argue that he was "garbage" in the NBA because his hip trouble actually started in his rookie year. Ever tried to play high level sport with a screwed hip? It's near on impossible and it takes FOREVER to heal

4. No one who watches the NBL could possibly think Flynn is a poor player or even close to it. As such, I don't understand why the OP even bothered with this thread, since he doesn't watch the league. If he did, and he wanted to push the "NBA/NCAA/AMERICAN PLAYERS SUCK IN OTHER LEAGUES" line of argument, there are tons of examples he could use.

Eric Devendorf, a McDonald's All-American and highly touted Syrcause grad, got his shit pushed in when he played down here. Rod Grizzard, ex-NBA draft pick, was cut by 2 different NBL teams. There are literally 100's of others.

I'd go as far to say as this one of the most poorly executed and researched threads in ISH history

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32
    OP, as per usual, carefully selected which parts of the story to tell:

Jonny Flynn finished 2nd in the league in scoring and 2nd in assists. We play 40 minute games down here so although his final figures of 17.4ppg and 5.9apg may look low, they're not bad considering most games finish in the 80's. From a purely statistical point of view, he was the best player on his team.

However, as the OP DIDN'T point out, either because a) he doesn't know what he's talking about, b) he's pushing the same tired old agenda (which is now a self parody that apparently everybody has realised except the OP himself) or c) both:

- Jonny joined the team mid-season. He simply didn't play enough games to warrant the team MVP award

- In Australia, team MVP's are often given to the player who not only provides the best statistical contribution but also exhibits the best work ethic, hustle etc. Intagibles, as Jay Bilas calls them. The gentleman who won the award, Chris Goulding - who the OP wouldn't know if he kicked him in the groin - is an energizer bunny who spends as much time putting the ball in the hoop as he does diving for it on the floor

I'd suggest EuroLeague keep to his eponymous trolling and leave Australia out of it. Or just do us all a favour and quit the internet

KBlaze88555, this is a good thread to include as part of your crusade to shut down factually inaccurate and garbage threads
    Where you at, EuroLeague???

Decent college freshman

Flynn wasn't terrible but I wouldn't say he was that good either.

I follow the NBL and go to every Perth Wildcats game so im not just talking shit here.

I remember both times he came to Perth and he was awful. They guy playing on him has now won 3 consecutive D-Poy awards but he still was utter trash. I remember he had 2 points in the game with about 5 minutes to go and his team was down 30. His coach kept him in the whole game and he stat padded his way to about 10-12 points in the final 5 minutes against development players.

He did better against the weaker teams, though he still didn't lead his team to the playoffs.

People are talking about him like he was a NBA scrub. Im a Wolves fan and I remember a lot of people saying we should cut ties with Rubio since he hadn't come over yet and build around Flynn since he had a good rookie year.