Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default How happy will u be if Curry (a normal person) has a better peak than MJ (an a-hole)

I know that I will be extremely happy when the best player we've seen play this game isn't a complete d-bag anymore.

Normally I wouldn't listen to many personal stories of celebrities or athletes. But when there's about 1,000 stories out there about how big of a d-bag MJ was, it is hard not to listen to it.

And of course, there are some stories that we saw with our own eyes, like MJ's pathetic hall of fame speech where he attacked his high school coach, some dude who was just going about his business at a Carolina high school like any other teacher/coach who was trying to decide who to select for his varsity team and made a bad decision.

Banned

Default Re: How happy will u be if Curry (a normal person) has a better peak than MJ (an a-hole)

i admit currys the best. but the guy plays on the best team ever in terms of chemistry, ball movement, team work, effort, role player shooting ability, stars sacrificing etc...

its like a 60's celtics team but 10 times more talented due to the current era

no team has dominated the 2nd and 3rd best teams like the warriors have

so far

2001 lakers are still my pick as the more dominant team only cause we havent seen this warriors team in the playoffs yet

and even then those lakers were a 2 man legendary combo like no other

curry isnt running it with only 1 other guy. he has 11 other guys

i wanna see what curry can do with just 1 other great player before i say hes on that kobe/jordan level

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: How happy will u be if Curry (a normal person) has a better peak than MJ (an a-hole)

And Curry ain't an a-hole? Seems pretty arrogant to me.

Jordan had spotty moments as a teammate, I don't think he qualifies as an "a-hole."

He doesn't stand out for having good character like Russell or Curry. He was mostly neutral in every respect except for being a competitor.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i wanna see what curry can do with just 1 other great player before i say hes on that kobe/jordan level
    Do you not think Curry would basically be the same player he is now on any other team? The team's record may not be this pretty, but as a prolific shooter, I have a hard time believing he would be a lesser player on a lesser team. Curry just runs around a pops 3 out of nowhere. He doesn't even need his team on offense to get his besides standing in the way so he can dribble around them.

EVERY player in the league right now will would defer to Curry if they were on the same team. A lot of people wanted Curry to confirm his MVP from last year and he's doing it and then some. I don't care if his team compliments him well because that's what every organization is supposed to do for their superstar. Stephen Curry is the best player in the league and right now, I don't even think it's close.

Btw, I have no problem with anyone saying Draymond is a great player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Do you not think Curry would basically be the same player he is now on any other team? The team's record may not be this pretty, but as a prolific shooter, I have a hard time believing he would be a lesser player on a lesser team. Curry just runs around a pops 3 out of nowhere. He doesn't even need his team on offense to get his besides standing in the way so he can dribble around them.

EVERY player in the league right now will would defer to Curry if they were on the same team. A lot of people wanted Curry to confirm his MVP from last year and he's doing it and then some. I don't care if his team compliments him well because that's what every organization is supposed to do for their superstar. Stephen Curry is the best player in the league and right now, I don't even think it's close.

Btw, I have no problem with anyone saying Draymond is a great player.

i think curry has a really tough time facing doubles.. he cant just shoot over them like kobe or mike

and imagine him being forced to pass to nobodies more often than not

IMO, Curry cannot have as great a peak as MJ. Maybe you have forgotten the defensive HALF of the game where Curry will never be talked about in the same breath as MJ.

It's nice when one can conserve one's energy for the offensive end of court and before anyone thinks this is sour grapes because GSW beat SAS - it's not. When Parker was being hailed as "the man" on the Spurs, same thing applies. Now, Leonard - I've got no problem with - he brings it on BOTH ends of the court.

He won't, unless he becomes an elite defender overnight. To answer the question though, it wouldn't matter one bit. Why should it we watch the game to be entertained with how they play. No one should be too concerned with off court stuff unless you're looking to date them.

NBA Superstar

i admit currys the best. but the guy plays on the best team ever in terms of chemistry, ball movement, team work, effort, role player shooting ability, stars sacrificing etc...

its like a 60's celtics team but 10 times more talented due to the current era

no team has dominated the 2nd and 3rd best teams like the warriors have

so far

2001 lakers are still my pick as the more dominant team only cause we havent seen this warriors team in the playoffs yet

and even then those lakers were a 2 man legendary combo like no other

curry isnt running it with only 1 other guy. he has 11 other guys

Be honest, you made this entire post so that you could say "Kobe/Jordan" level

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

i think curry has a really tough time facing doubles.. he cant just shoot over them like kobe or mike

and imagine him being forced to pass to nobodies more often than not
    Curry plays the double very well and as long as his teammates can hit WIDE open shots here and there like 99% of perimeter NBA players do (or should), double teaming him means very little because it has to happen 2-3ft behind the 3-line that defensive rotations has to travel so far. And even if you do manage to be on time with the first rotational job, the second rotation (usually the doubler) better be lightning quick to get back or else there's another wide open guy. As the game progresses, the defense will be tired of always chasing and recovering. That's a moral victory in it of itself. I think the best way is to just pressure him full-court and deny the ball but then Curry figured that out in last year's finals. Now he's unstoppable.

He doesn't need to shoot over anyone because his gather and release is so quick and his dribble is so tight that as a defender you're always on your heels guessing. He can shoot going to the left and right or with the step back. The slightest of hesitations from Curry and you're biting on every one of his moves. But yeah sure with 1-2 second left down by 1, give me Kobe and Jordan any day of the week.

lol wtf is this?

Is OP 9 years old or something.