Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Chauncey Billups likely has torn achilles, may retire.

Typical recovery time including rehab is 12 months. Probably more for older players.

Boooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Typical recovery time including rehab is 12 months. Probably more for older players.
    Okur had the same injury and was out two years, although the second year may have been about his back more than his foot.

I always viewed Chauncey as the elephant in the room with this team. Some of his boneheaded plays and chucking either lost or almost lost some games. It's a pretty huge blow to the team's morale though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I always viewed Chauncey as the elephant in the room with this team. Some of his boneheaded plays and chucking either lost or almost lost some games. It's a pretty huge blow to the team's morale though.
    I agree. Production isn't a big blow... ball movement without him should improve. It's the mental toughness, leadership, clutch and mentoring role he has that's the huge blow. I understand he will still be on the bench but it's not the same. Mo Williams needs to be moved for a SG for sure now. We literally don't have a single true SG.

He may very well go out like Zeke

They still have enough scoring options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    They still have enough scoring options.
    As we said. Many people can replace 14 ppg on 35 percent shooting. It's more the on court poise and leadership that's a big blow.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    As we said. Many people can replace 14 ppg on 35 percent shooting. It's more the on court poise and leadership that's a big blow.
    you start Mo Williams and then fcuk up the bench...Clippers bench is i think 27 or 28. just 2 above the pathetic Lakers who are dead last

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    you start Mo Williams and then fcuk up the bench...Clippers bench is i think 27 or 28. just 2 above the pathetic Lakers who are dead last
    Worse. Clippers bench is 29th. Mo starts and we have zero scoring production off bench after Kenyon, Foye. I think Mo should be traded for a long term solid, starting SG and the Clippers can rely on Foye, Kenyon, Bledsoe and Trey Thompkins for scoring off the bench. Trey is looking good lately when he plays and Bledsoe is a very solid back up guard.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Chauncy Billups wasn't brought in for the regular season. He was brought in for the playoffs. When teams slow it down. When clutchness matters.

Chauncy may have been shooting like crap, but he is /was their best closer. And that is huge in tight ball games. And the playoffs, there are very few blowouts.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Damn that sucks him.... Clippers lose a veteran leader too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I dont see this as a loss for the Clippers. Guy just chucks away anyway.

Banned

If they can't get JR Smith, I honestly wouldn't be thrown if they reached out to Arenas. Unexpected circumstances like these call for assistance in peculiar places.

While Arenas IN NO WAY replaces what Billups brings to the floor, strictly from a perspective of leadership and veteran poise, he's worth a second or third look. Ordinarily if it was, say the Lakers or something, I would be a bit leery, since that team is already reeling from its share of chemistry killing complications, but this Clippers team could likely absorb the quirks of a guy like Gilbert.

I mean, you're essentially taking the same risk with Arenas, chemistry-wise, that you are with Smith: two guys who have rubbed plenty of people the wrong way, play with a chip on their shoulders and have had their hand in some shady dealings off the court. It's low risk in my eyes. If he's troublesome or ineffective, you've still got a month before the trade deadline to open up a roster spot and bring in a competent D-League player or vet (Lester Hudson, Eddie House).

Obviously Smith gets the benefit of the doubt because we're certain he can still play at an impressive level (albeit in spurts). I suppose we'll see how this all plays out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Chauncy Billups wasn't brought in for the regular season. He was brought in for the playoffs. When teams slow it down. When clutchness matters.

Chauncy may have been shooting like crap, but he is /was their best closer. And that is huge in tight ball games. And the playoffs, there are very few blowouts.
    Woah, woah, woah...