Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jose Calderon to explore free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I'm surprised you wouldn't want Devin back.
    Devin is a good guy, but he is not worth 8.5 million.
    But the situation in Atlanta was that he was going to be the third guard, and a backup behind Teague.
    In Utah, he was supposed to take over running the point from Deron Williams. So for the Jazz that was a massive drop off, and you guys were hoping that he would return to his All-Star form, which of course didn't happen.

Right now he has 1 good game out of 4, which is kind of like what Marvin Williams did.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Devin is a good guy, but he is not worth 8.5 million.
    But the situation in Atlanta was that he was going to be the third guard, and a backup behind Teague.
    In Utah, he was supposed to take over running the point from Deron Williams. So for the Jazz that was a massive drop off, and you guys were hoping that he would return to his All-Star form, which of course didn't happen.

Right now he has 1 good game out of 4, which is kind of like what Marvin Williams did.
    Wasn't just that he wasn't Deron it was his game didn't fit. He either pulled up for 3 or put his head down and drove to the rim 1 on 5. I thought he could have been alright off the bench as a scorer like he is in Atlanta.

Marvin Williams has been a bad fit too. He's been better off the bench but hopefully he'll be gone next season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Wasn't just that he wasn't Deron it was his game didn't fit. He either pulled up for 3 or put his head down and drove to the rim 1 on 5. I thought he could have been alright off the bench as a scorer like he is in Atlanta.

Marvin Williams has been a bad fit too. He's been better off the bench but hopefully he'll be gone next season too.
    If Jefferson and/or Millsap leave, then Marvin gets more run.
    Marvin needs a real point guard who can get him the ball in the right spots.

I have no idea what Utah is going to do in free agency. Do you? What's the plan?

Wish the Knicks could somehow get him. He'd be a huge addition for us.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    If Jefferson and/or Millsap leave, then Marvin gets more run.
    Marvin needs a real point guard who can get him the ball in the right spots.

I have no idea what Utah is going to do in free agency. Do you? What's the plan?
    I could care less what Marvin needs. Burks, Hayward and Demarre(assuming they re-sign him) all need to play ahead of him. Marvin and Foye are spot up shooters. They don't fit in Utah.

Hopefully the plan is to let Al, Foye and Watson go and trade Marvin's expiring contract at the very least. Trades involving these guys could dictate everything else depending on what they get for them.

Resign Millsap for 10-12 mill. Also possibly Demarre, Tinsley and Mo at the right price. Ideally much of it front loaded so they can pay the kids in the next couple summers. Draft a combo guard so Burks and Hayward can still have the ball in their hands where they are at their best. Sign some vets to fight for any leftover minutes and depth in case someone goes down. Sign Hayward and Favors to favorable extensions before they become restricted next summer.

The guys leaving are bigger than who they bring in.

Serious playground baller Donkey4trading's Avatar

he should come join the HEAT Lebron would turn him into a solid role player