Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    ISH Jump Crew

Default Re: Report: Marcus Camby to Blazers, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw to Clippers done deal

I hope Outlaw comes back.

Default Re: Report: Marcus Camby to Blazers, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw to Clippers done deal

Blake could really bring some nice bball IQ to this team, which seemingly every player on this roster lacks.

I think Blake is pretty underrated. He is a very steady and solid pg. I think he will make the Clipper players better

Default Re: Ric Bucher: Camby to Portland is DONE DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I'd be happy to simply see the rebounding aspect. For a guy of his size and length, he is far too inconsistent on the glass.
    He's been averaging almost 9 per game since Przy went down. Not All-World, but certainly not as bad as people make him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Blake could really bring some nice bball IQ to this team, which seemingly every player on this roster lacks.

I think Blake is pretty underrated. He is a very steady and solid pg. I think he will make the Clipper players better

I agree. Although I hate to see Camby go. I think Blake will be solid for this Clippers team on the up and up. Outlaw is whatever to me, but Blake is a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I agree. Although I hate to see Camby go. I think Blake will be solid for this Clippers team on the up and up. Outlaw is whatever to me, but Blake is a keeper.
    Blake is solid no matter where he goes. Extremely underrated, simply because he has no flash to his game. But he's a solid player, with great IQ, incredible competitive attitude, and solid work ethic. I hope to see him in a Blazer uni again.

One source close to the situation initially said that the sides had agreed on the deal, but multiple sources later said that the deal was close but not completed. A Clippers source called the talks "substantive."
    In a text message to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Camby said that he "hadn't heard anything about it" from either his agent or the Clippers. He has said that he would prefer to remain in Los Angeles, but he understands why his name continues to come up in trade talks.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4917644

Default Re: Ric Bucher: Camby to Portland is DONE DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    He's been averaging almost 9 per game since Przy went down. Not All-World, but certainly not as bad as people make him out to be.
    I am just basing off his game logs. His average is decent, but he goes for 12 boards then 6. He just is not consistent enough.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

I thought Camby was finished? This trade might help the Lakers out lol. Not sure if I like this trade for Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
    I thought Camby was finished? This trade might help the Lakers out lol. Not sure if I like this trade for Portland.
    8/12/2 is not being done. He has been the Clippers most consistent player all year long.

How is Camby finished? #2 in rebounds per game, #6 in blocks & offensive rebounds per game, #1 in blocks per foul.

And of the players in top10 rebounding play more minutes than Marcus.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

How will this help us out?
    Are we magically taking blake off there hands.

Good trade, Camby will fill in nicely. He's still a good rebounder and shot blocker

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    How will this help us out?
    Are we magically taking blake off there hands.
    You can have Bassy, not I'd keep Blake if this deal were to go down.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    How is Camby finished? #2 in rebounds per game, #6 in blocks & offensive rebounds per game, #1 in blocks per foul.

And of the players in top10 rebounding play more minutes than Marcus.
    When you look at his rebounds, blocks, steals, and assists, compared to his turnovers and fouls, it's fcuking ridiculous.

Well, this Yahoo report makes me think its a done deal, just the final details need to be hamered out and the paperwork going to the NBA Front Office.

[quote]Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby(notes) unknowingly attended his own farewell dinner on Monday night.

The Clippers are on the verge of completing a trade that will send Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources said, but the veteran center is not happy about the deal. Or the way he learned of it.

The proposed trade, which was first reported by Yahoo! Sports