Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KG Leaning toward retirement, trying to find a "solution" with Nets

Source is someone i know who has been semi reliable (knew Pierce was leaving, knew Blatche was someone Nets wanted gone badly...). He wouldn't know 100%, he's just telling me the way the wind is blowing. So if you want to call me full of shit so be it... When season ended he wanted a buyout and was told by the Nets they were willing to give him exactly $0.

I was told me a few weeks ago but it seems to be leaking here and there that maybe Garnett will change his mind about coming back (Hollins said it, Rivers said it, Netsdaily posted a story that Garnett is coming back BUT...). That's the only reason I'm mentioning it, it seems logical and it's being hinted at.

Net fans, do you want him back this year or would you rather just dump the salary and let Plums play?

Default Re: KG Leaning toward retirement, trying to find a "solution" with Nets

There is no solution with the Nets. The have the highest cap this year and they already have the highest cap next year at $70 which would rank #12 this year.

Brook Lopez can's stand on his feet without injuring them and the Russian owner thought they could overpay a bunch of players, most of which are way past their primes to bring a championship to Brooklyn and be on the hook for the money.

Pierce had the best thing happen to him, he got traded to the Wizards, a young team that can use a veteran of his type. Garnett is just going to rot away in Brooklyn unless he's moved.

Very good NBA starter

The Nets were such a disappointment ... Lopez and AK47 are walking injuries, some of their other players too for that matter... At least KG lead the Celts to a championship, got that in... He looked kinda done last season (relative to, say, Duncan)

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

All of the real and important people have already said that KG is coming back. (Billy and Doc). Anyways, doesn't matter to me if he plays or not. Would rather have him retire because the Nets are not going anywhere and I don't know if he would be content with coming off the bench. He's definitely not starting if he stays. Now I'm just waiting for Brook to get injured again and the Nets will truly blow up the roster once that happens. Then we make a run for a trio of Lillard, Durant and Dwight in 2016. Insta-championship.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    All of the real and important people have already said that KG is coming back. (Billy and Doc). Anyways, doesn't matter to me if he plays or not. Would rather have him retire because the Nets are not going anywhere and I don't know if he would be content with coming off the bench. He's definitely not starting if he stays. Now I'm just waiting for Brook to get injured again and the Nets will truly blow up the roster once that happens. Then we make a run for a trio of Lillard, Durant and Dwight in 2016. Insta-championship.

Actually all the important people have said "Yes he's coming back (but he might not and that's ok)". You haven't seen the hints being dropped about him? It's not subtle.
    Last edited by niko; 08-12-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Net fans actually think Durant is Jay Z's puppet and Jay Z will favor them in free agency, like his life revolves around watching the Nets play. It's hilariously stupid. They really think Durant is coming to play with their collection of 2nd round euro's and Deron.

KG is just trying to find the best thing to do economically, and if that means playing basketball, he will.

He doesn't owe anybody anything at this point.

Disappointing final season if that's how he's indeed going out. Without question one of the most underrated players of all time, hope he can find a solution.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Their owner despite being a multibillionare really made poor investments with his team and in other aspects. Dude's network dipped to below $10billion from $14billion.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Their owner despite being a multibillionare really made poor investments with his team and in other aspects. Dude's network dipped to below $10billion from $14billion.
    He's getting killed by the bullshit going on in Russia. That's all.

Kg should retire. I only respected him win he was on tha twolves tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Kg should retire. I only respected him win he was on tha twolves tho.
    I liked to see him play one finally year in Minny. Could show Wiggins a few things too.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I liked to see him play one finally year in Minny. Could show Wiggins a few things too.
    Yea that's a good idea, they might actually do good too.