Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: If a young Bill, Wilt, KAJ, Shaq, Hakeem, TimD, KG and DRob were time travelled...

Anywhere from 0-20.

Default Re: If a young Bill, Wilt, KAJ, Shaq, Hakeem, TimD, KG and DRob were time travelled...

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    obviously hakeem stayed too long, im not disrespecting the dream. he was awesome in his era but if i want to win im gonna take someone who was better in todays era than hakeem was in his.
    Yeah but nothing is guaranteed, I'd take Shaq but the offensive foul possibilities..... This era does not allow physical low-post play.

No one here saw Bill, Wilt, or probably even prime Kareem. I didn't, so I'm not going to rank them. It wouldn't be genuine if I did do that, also KG is a PF not a Center so that considering:

1) Hakeem
    2) D. Rob
    3) Shaq
    4) Duncan
    5) Ewing

Banned

1) Kareem
    2) Shaq
    3) Duncan
    4) Wilt
    5) Hakeem
    6) Robinson
    7) KG
    8) Russell

Im tired of these time traveling threads

I feel like Russell based off what I know is a more intelligent, better passing version of Alonzo Mourining, Dennis Rodman, or Ben Wallace.

I get it, he won 11 rings. I also feel that relying exclusively on that makes him extremely overrated given he was between 3rd or 5th most important guy offensively on those teams.

Also, Duncan. David Robinson was an inferior playoff performer, but also clearly didn't have the coaching or talent around him that Tim Duncan did. If he had Ginobili, Parker, Horry, and coached by Pops he couldn't win championships? Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I feel like Russell based off what I know is a more intelligent, better passing version of Alonzo Mourining, Dennis Rodman, or Ben Wallace.

I get it, he won 11 rings. I also feel that relying exclusively on that makes him extremely overrated given he was between 3rd or 5th most important guy offensively on those teams.

I feel like Wilt based off what I know is a more athletic, more selfish version of Shaquille O'Neal ... without the all-time great perimeter players like Penny, Kobe, and Wade to help him win as many championships.

Both guys are overrated, based off what I know. It's my opinion, but I'm sticking to it.

Also, Duncan. David Robinson was an inferior playoff performer, but also clearly didn't have the coaching or talent around him that Tim Duncan did. Context matters.
    Don't forget that Bill went up against a bunch of white scrubs too.

Also, Duncan. David Robinson was an inferior playoff performer, but also clearly didn't have the coaching or talent around him that Tim Duncan did. If he had Ginobili, Parker, Horry, and coached by Pops he couldn't win championships? Context matters.
    I can respect that opinion.

You've done the research, so I have absolutely no problem with your stance. We'll just agree to disagree.

With regards to Duncan, I think it's just the fact that he's great defensively and has a reliable post game (which you basically need in the playoffs to win as an offensive anchor if you're a big man).

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    1) Kareem
    2) Shaq
    3) Duncan
    4) Wilt
    5) Hakeem
    6) Robinson
    7) KG
    8) Russell
    Switch Hakeem with Wilt and I pretty much agree

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...EBLmJAAojp3mKg

I have no problem with differing reasonable opinions. Just don't care for the spreading of misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Just cause they're white doesn't mean they're scrubs.

But it is true the league wasn't totally fully integrated from a talent or racial perspective until the more liberal ABA joined with the NBA.

I mean all these discussions about big men. Russell gets an argument in a young league, with not a lot of talent, or teams, with a team stacked full of HOFers ... yet Mikan was a better player on offense and has the rings in his resume.

Why no mention of George Mikan, the game's original big man / superstar? It's disrespectful.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

1.Duncan - Dominated both ends of the floor in our era
    2.Shaq
    3.Hakeem
    4.D Rob
    5.KG

Banned

lol @ whenever there is a gap between Duncan and KG

Just cause they're white doesn't mean they're scrubs.

But it is true the league wasn't totally fully integrated from a talent or racial perspective until the more liberal ABA joined with the NBA.

I mean all these discussions about big men. Russell gets an argument in a young league, with not a lot of talent, or teams, with a team stacked full of HOFers ... yet Mikan was a better player on offense and has the rings in his resume.

Why no mention of George Mikan, the game's original big man / superstar? It's disrespectful.
    No disrespect intended Swish, just some comments:

1) I agree with regards to the late 50s and early 60s. The mid/late 60s (particularly playoff teams) were generally well integrated.

2) Who other than Cousy (on the merit of his play in the pre-shotclock 60s), Havlicek, and Jones was a legit HOFer on those teams?

3) <10% of the league was black (as opposed to >50% for the greater part of the 60s), and he was forced out of the league by the shotclock's introduction.

Banned

Robinson was a lot like LeBron in many ways- an absolute genetic freak who for one reason or another tended to shrink when the lights were brightest. People always questioned his mentality, wondered if he was 'too nice', or didn't have that killer instinct. At his peak he was a 30/11/5/2/3 player, MVP winner, DPOY candidate... but then got swept in the first round playing subpar ball. Next season he gets taken to school, absolutely harassed in the WCF by a guy he usually got the best of.

Duncan is as mentally tough as they come. Not loud, flashy, but a stoic killer, silent assassin type. He never put up the monstrous numbers Robinson did in the regular season, but when it was time for the real game to begin Timmy was at the forefront rising above his normal production. Just look at 2003 alone. Robinson in Duncan's place (which would create a weird alternate reality ) absolutely does not win the championship. Coaching can't make up for mental deficiencies.