Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Derrick Rose the best player in the League...

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Derrick Rose is underrated defensively. I've always given him credit for what he does defensively. Nobody else seems to. He's much better than average. The problem is, because he's one of the least valuable defensive players on his team, people assume he's just all out bad. He isn't. He's quite good actually. You just don't realize it by comparison.

No man, there's no illusion. While he might be underrated defensively, he is no better than an average defender. With his athleticism and speed, he should be able to clamp on players and put more pressure on than he does, but he simply doesn't have that skill in his game. Like I said, he does try to stay in front of his man and try to keep with his man off the ball, but he doesn't create steal opportunities, play the passing lanes and he doesn't hound the opponent man on man near enough.

Thanks for not being a complete retard.

BTW, I was thoroughly disappointed in Rose today. He looked defeated and seemed to not of learnt how to overcome the traps etc that has haunted him in the past...

Butler and Boozer were positives, but Rose's decision making was pretty poor. Couple of good early drives, but then he became overwhelmed by good Heat defense.
    Last edited by poido123; 10-30-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    No man, there's no illusion. While he might be underrated defensively, he is no better than an average defender. With his athleticism and speed, he should be able to clamp on players and put more pressure on than he does, but he simply doesn't have that skill in his game. Like I said, he does try to stay in front of his man and try to keep with his man off the ball, but he doesn't create steal opportunities, play the passing lanes and he doesn't hound the opponent man on man near enough.

Thanks for not being a complete retard.

BTW, I was thoroughly disappointed in Rose today. He looked defeated and seemed to not of learnt how to overcome the traps etc that has haunted him in the past...

Butler and Boozer were positives, but Rose's decision making was pretty poor. Couple of good early drives, but then he became overwhelmed by good Heat defense.
    I disagree. Rose is very good at staying in front of his man and contesting shots. He is better than average at his position at defensive rebounding and blocking shots. THe thing that miffs me is he doesn't get many steals....that part you are right about. With his speed and quickness he should at least average 2 steals a game.

He is still very rusty and he is starting to press a bit. The Bulls just aren't a very talented team and they haven't been hitting outside shots. Currently I don't think this team is better than our team the last two years but there is time to develop. I hope for the best but my mind is telling me we will see a rusty Rose all year basically with him rounding into form late in the year.

One thing that shows promise is the 7/0 asst/to last game.

Great college starter

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    This guy comes back with a new and improved game. He looks better than ever and if he had Miami's loaded team, he could easily be in Lebron's spot. In my opinion, he's the greatest player in basketball today.

Lebron may have a better career so far but Rose is the better player.

The torch will be passed this year.

Rose
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Durant
    CP3
    he's the greatest injured player in basketball today

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeBron 06
    you searching for a year-old inactive thread to talk shit in.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBron 06
    You know, I have found that the more you taunt people's misfortunes in life, the more likely you will receive misfortune.

The joke is really on you for being a d!ckhead. No one respects someone who kicks the dog while it's down.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Trolling works. Point proven.