Anyone catch the first episode of this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69V__a49xtw

Default Re: HBO Silicon Valley

It was decent.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    It was decent.
    Yeah, not sure if I will expect much from it. I will continue too watch though

Good High School Starter jcsrplumply's Avatar

I liked it, definitely will watch future episodes.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was really disappointed to find out it wasn't available On Demand when I got home from work yesterday.

I'm not expecting absolute genius, but it looks amusing at the very least.

I recorded it at like 3am last night and will check it out tonight probably. I also recorded Turn on AMC and plan to give that a shot, but I'm less certain about that.

NBA Superstar

I was going to make a post about this the other day.

I thought it was decent. Its not great but interesting to me, like i'm interested in seeing some start up nerd genius who blows up in Silicon Valley for now at least. Only thing is it was all rather predictable from the start of how it would go, and its sort of annoying how he acts over the top nerd issues kind of thing.

that girl is hot in it.

i'll watch it next week...more interesting than Veep at least.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i liked it. but im a mike judge stan. good cast, nonetheless. theyll be able to play off eachother, well. and the dry humor is there, which i always love.

I liked it as well. I thought the nerdiness and their socially awkward behaviors were over the top though.

NBA Superstar

I was thinking about this show after reading this news about charging phone batteries in seconds

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelinde...4-4f851685f5dc

not the breakthru of the compression search the guy on this show came up with but seems like it could be real big if they could apply it to all battery charging. they hit the jackpot it seems with amino acids.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So I did watch it and enjoyed it. I'm probably pretty close to ProfMurder up there in that I'm not the biggest Mike Judge guy. I'm not even a huge BnB fan. And I just wasn't fond of King of the Hill at all. Office Space however I loved, and I actually sort of liked his sort of recent Extract, and this seems cut from that cloth.

TJ Miller was hyper annoying, which was the point, and it was funny, but hopefully that character gets a chance to have some moments of reigning it in. I've always liked Martin Starr, so that's promising even though he didn't do anything.

I don't want to get too up or down on the story since we just saw the seeds sown, and that's fine. I actually find the notion compelling.

The doctor scene was really funny, but it was blown a bit in the ads they ran for it non-stop.

The Kid Rock thing I found an amusingly appropriate take on this pop-up millionair thing, and plenty funny.

The chick is really hot. And so far she seems to fit his "sweet girl who's going to fall for a guy at who is lost in the mundaneness of life, and then everything blows up for him" archetype. Jennifer Anniston played it in Office Space, and Mila Kunis played it with an alterior motive but still couldn't resist catching feelings in Extract. Are we sure he didn't make that Heart Breakers movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt?

I'll totally keep watching it.

Banned

I liked it...will definitely check out the next episode. I just read that the guy who plays Peter Gregory (the venture capitalist the main character is leaning towards going with) died last year during filming.

http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-ch...d-rubic-106142

I thought it was pretty good. I could see the plot getting really stale really fast though.

No

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Season finale was last night. Any of you guys catch it?

Short season, but it didnt become too stale. The finale gave premise to an interesting second season. however, with the death of christopher evan, the actor who played, peter gregory, i wonder how/if theyll work that into the story. he wasnt in the last 2 episodes, so the question is will they kill off his character(which is you watched the finale, they didnt allude to) or will they simply replace him