Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: shooting arm sleeves

Also, some NBA players (maybe jokingly) say that they're wearing those sleeves because the guys they play don't clip their fingernails properly :) I think Ray Allen said that, but I forget whose nasty fingernails he referred to.

1manfastbreak, why should they ban them? Every sport is half-sport half-show. Nice outfits/aesthetics/merchandise contribute to the show quality, and makes it more marketable (kids craving the fancy shooting sleeves and nba.com store providing them). Besides, it allows for better "customization" of a player image. Ever wondered why tattoos are so immencely popular in, say, Mixed Martial Arts? Fighters need to stand out.
    Nate Robinson's acid-green shooting sleeves and sneakers sure stand out, and make him a better showman -- which he should be, beacuse sports are there to entertain the spectators, and without the spectators sports are bound to die (i.e. generate no income).
    Last edited by Atrokkus; 04-11-2009 at 07:19 AM.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atrokkus
    Also, some NBA players (maybe jokingly) say that they're wearing those sleeves because the guys they play don't cut their fingernails properly :) I think Ray Allen said that, but I forget whose nasty fingernails he referred to.
    Cant be Lebrons since his are always chewed off

Quote Originally Posted by Atrokkus
    Also, some NBA players (maybe jokingly) say that they're wearing those sleeves because the guys they play don't clip their fingernails properly :) I think Ray Allen said that, but I forget whose nasty fingernails he referred to.

1manfastbreak, why should they ban them? Every sport is half-sport half-show. Nice outfits/aesthetics/merchandise contribute to the show quality, and makes it more marketable (kids craving the fancy shooting sleeves and nba.com store providing them). Besides, it allows for better "customization" of a player image. Ever wondered why tattoos are so immencely popular in, say, Mixed Martial Arts? Fighters need to stand out.
    Nate Robinson's acid-green shooting sleeves and sneakers sure stand out, and make him a better showman -- which he should be, beacuse sports are there to entertain the spectators, and without the spectators sports are bound to die (i.e. generate no income).
    i didn't say they should ban them, i was just referring to how the nba banned the wearing of tights that were a fad a couple of years ago. everyone was wearing them, kobe, lebron, dwade, vince, everyone.

i was just wondering by they would ban something that covers the whole leg and not something that covers the whole arm.

i could honestly care less what players wear on the court, i watch the nba to watch basketball, not to see the newest basketball fashion trends.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    i didn't say they should ban them, i was just referring to how the nba banned the wearing of tights that were a fad a couple of years ago. everyone was wearing them, kobe, lebron, dwade, vince, everyone.

i was just wondering by they would ban something that covers the whole leg and not something that covers the whole arm.

i could honestly care less what players wear on the court, i watch the nba to watch basketball, not to see the newest basketball fashion trends.
    ya i highly doubt kids are going to go out to the store and want to buy tights like those...

Banned

I bought one on nba store... It's good for me because i usually need to warm up to shoot well but if you usually warm-up before a game and play enough minutes throughout the game your arm will stay warm enough anyway

Haha, tights. Forgot about them. Man, that was some sick ****. I woulnd't buy em in a lifetime, even if I were some hardcore fanboi-imitator.
    Though Wade right now is pretty much covering his legs completely with... what would you call that, sleeves but for legs?

i can at least understand wearing tights, they cover all of your legs and can keep them warm.

a lot of players now wear these things (i have no idea what to call them)

other players wear them like mike bibby, danny granger, carmelo anthony, jr smith

but im still not sure what the purpose of these sleeves on your legs are supposed to do or help

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    a lot of players now wear these things (i have no idea what to call them)

other players wear them like mike bibby, danny granger, carmelo anthony, jr smith

but im still not sure what the purpose of these sleeves on your legs are supposed to do or help
    lol the same thing they do for your arm..NOTHING.

their made by McDavid, a company that makes ankle braces and **** like that. The ribbed part on the sleeve is for protection, if you look closely at the shooting sleeves they all have ribbed patches on the elbow to prevent landing on them and such, much like the ones for the legs. Pretty much everyone in the NBA wears the McDavid compression shorts with the ribbed patches on the legs.

lol the same thing they do for your arm..NOTHING.

their made by McDavid, a company that makes ankle braces and **** like that. The ribbed part on the sleeve is for protection, if you look closely at the shooting sleeves they all have ribbed patches on the elbow to prevent landing on them and such, much like the ones for the legs. Pretty much everyone in the NBA wears the McDavid compression shorts with the ribbed patches on the legs.
    not everyone wears McDavid, NIKE, ADIDAS, AIR JORDAN also make all that stuff NBA players wear. Most people who wear McDavid are usually sponsored by them, same for Nike, adidas, air jordan. I can pretty much guarantee that you will not find LeBron or Kobe wearing a mcdavid or adidas padding

Saw a basketball once

As stated, in these days it's more or less for the pads built in. Sleeve ones being on the elbow to help when falling. And the leg ones I'm guessing for getting kicked in the shins and what not. And of course the padded compression shorts were just explained.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    not everyone wears McDavid, NIKE, ADIDAS, AIR JORDAN also make all that stuff NBA players wear. Most people who wear McDavid are usually sponsored by them, same for Nike, adidas, air jordan. I can pretty much guarantee that you will not find LeBron or Kobe wearing a mcdavid or adidas padding
    mcdavid doesn't sponser anyone. they only make products that prevent injury. Nike, Adidas, Jordan, none of them make the type of products mcdavid does.

mcdavid doesn't sponser anyone. they only make products that prevent injury. Nike, Adidas, Jordan, none of them make the type of products mcdavid does.
    first off, mcdavid sponsors Dwyane Wade. and Nike, Adidas, Air Jordan all make stuff that prevent injury...It's called padding. All mcdavid does is take all the usual sports gear, shooting sleeves, compression shorts, elbow pads, and put padding on them.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

not those type but I do have a sleeve that I wear on my leg like T-Mac does.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

you don't want to be wearing those. that's some NBA affectation that gets rightfully judged by others at the park