Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nemanja Nedovic

Default Nemanja Nedovic

Why isn't the European D Rose not a lottery/top 20 pick?

6-4 w tremendous athleticism- can any euro fans tell more about this prospect

Default Re: Nemanja Nedovic

9. Nemanja Nedovic (1991, PG, 6

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Ain't been a decent Serbian player in the NBA since Peja (Pekovic is technically from Montonegro), will be interested to see how this guy progesses and why there ain't been more guys from that region coming to the NBA.

*Versatile guard at 6'4" (PG/SG)
    *He is ridicilously athletic.... quick, explosive with amazing vertical
    *Is absolutely deadly in the open court.
    *Extremly good attacking the rim with his unstoppable first step & decent handles (his go to is the crossover & hesitation), screen wont be needed, but his finishing ability has to improve.
    *Has great jumpshot technique but no great/pure shooter or something, his efficiency/accuracy is average, sometimes good/bad... inconsistent is the correct word, he must improve there.
    *Is ok facilitator/passer but his decision making must improve, its kindof a weakness.
    *Ability wise has potential to be a fantastic defender, but his effort is kindof not there most of the time...

Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis is a good comparison i guess..... not as good as any of them obviously, but he is that type of athlete at similar size and has that type of gamestyle and probably has potential to be as good as at least one of those guys mentioned in the NBA if his will/work ethic is there and if given the chance aswell...

At this point in the NBA he would be best suitable as a backup SG... and grow from there (his IQ right now is not good enough to be an acceptable PG in the NBA imo)
    Last edited by pauk; 06-05-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Has potential, but don't think he's going to be a starter on decent team ever, lacks iq and is too inconsistent.

Banned

Dellavadova>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nedovic

He is a Goran Dragic type of player. Very athletic and very retarded. A "point guard" with zero actual point guard skills.

So....a bad point guard that NBA will drool over and love. He's the exact kind of "point guard" the NBA wants - no point guard skills, ball hog, athletic, retarded level IQ.

He is like an anti Kostas Sloukas.........who was not even drafted. Pretty much says it all right there. He's exactly what NBA teams are looking for in a European guard.......athleticism and no real skills or brains.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    9. Nemanja Nedovic (1991, PG, 6’4”, Serbia, Lietuvos Rytas)

Nedovic has amazing athletic abilities, probably the best in Europe at his position, combined with a solid physical structure for the role. This year he played constantly in Euroleague with Lietuvos Rytas averaging 10 points and 2 assists in 23 minutes on the court, after some solid performances at the 2012 adidas Eurocamp. In the open court he is tremendously effective with the ability to finish above the rim in basically every transition. In the half court game he has the ability to beat his defender off the dribble with a quick first step and crossovers, getting to the rim often and drawing contacts. Even if his shots lacks consistency, he has a good mechanics and technical basis in this fundamental, showing good progress since last season (from 27% to 34%), but there’s still a lot of work to do with his jump shot. He still needs to develop his playmaking skills, where he shows some glimpses in P&R situations but he has to add more consistency, he’s [B]not a point guard but rather a combo at the moment. Nedovic could be an intriguing pick at the end of the second round, where a team could invest in him developing over the next few years.
    False. He's not the most athletic point guard in Europe. These guys are all either more athletic, or just as athletic.

Bo McCalebb
    Bobby Brown
    Vassilis Spanoulis
    Walter Hodge
    Jordan Farmar
    Jamon Gordon
    Sergio Llull
    Thomas Heurtel
    Mantas Kalnietis
    Victor Sada
    Ricky Hickman
    Michael Taylor
    Pau Ribas
    Tomas Satoransky
    Dimitrios Katsivelis
    Dimitriy Khvostov
    Sergey Bykov
    Jeremy Pargo

He's not more athletic than any of those point guards that are playing in Europe.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-05-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    False. He's not the most athletic point guard in Europe. These guys are all either more athletic, or just as athletic.

Bo McCalebb
    Bobby Brown
    Vassilis Spanoulis
    Walter Hodge
    Jordan Farmar
    Jamon Gordon
    Sergio Llull
    Thomas Heurtel
    Mantas Kalnietis
    Victor Sada
    Ricky Hickman
    Michael Taylor
    Pau Ribas
    Tomas Satoransky
    Dimitrios Katsivelis
    Dimitriy Khvostov
    Sergey Bykov
    Jeremy Pargo

He's not more athletic than any of those point guards that are playing in Europe.
    Well one opinion vs another

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Bo McCalebb
    Bobby Brown
    Vassilis Spanoulis
    Walter Hodge
    Jordan Farmar
    Jamon Gordon
    Sergio Llull
    Thomas Heurtel
    Mantas Kalnietis
    Victor Sada
    Ricky Hickman
    Michael Taylor
    Pau Ribas
    Tomas Satoransky
    Dimitrios Katsivelis
    Dimitriy Khvostov
    Sergey Bykov
    Jeremy Pargo

Often people say the guy is athletic just because he jumps high. And thats the truth with Nedovic. Hes one of the best hoppers at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well one opinion vs another
    What you posted was opinion. What I posted was fact.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

His defense is horrible , not good at organising the offense , inconsistant shooter but is athletic ( has higher vertical than Rose ) .

What you posted was opinion. What I posted was fact.
    What do you consider when determining the better athlete? I think there must be a difference in definition for you to be able to justify your list as better athletes

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    What do you consider when determining the better athlete? I think there must be a difference in definition for you to be able to justify your list as better athletes
    Athletic ability genius.

And I did not say they were all better athletes. I said some were better and some as good. I just said he isn't the most athletic point guard in Europe, like was being claimed here.

He's definitely athletic, but nothing all that particularly special by top European basketball standards for his position.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    His defense is horrible , not good at organising the offense , inconsistant shooter but is athletic ( has higher vertical than Rose ) .
    Do you have any updates on Teodosic's injury status? Do you know if he will play this summer or not? If not, do you think Ivkovic will make Nedovic the main point guard?