NBA sixth man of the year

Default Jordan Farmar, Jodie Meeks, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Hill

combined for 76 points tonight off the bench. They played the entire 4th quarter against Clippers starters, erased a 4 point deficit and blew them out.

This season might be fun to watch after all.

Default Re: Jordan Farmar, Jodie Meeks, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Hill

Great that the Lakers won!!!!
    To be 100% honest, I didn't enjoy the street ball, shot jacking style of play
    I think the Clippers thought it would be an easy blow out win and certainly didn't expect our bench to be far better than the starters....for both teams?

I need to see more before I am convinced but I see a lot of promise in some of these players....yeah, maybe it won't be so bad after all.

I kept thinking during the 4th quarter, what if kkinchen has it right this time

Weirdest stat of the year: The Lakers are now 5-0 when Kobe misses the season opener

Default Re: Jordan Farmar, Jodie Meeks, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Hill

The Lakers bench play was the most fun thing that happened on NBA opening night

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    combined for 76 points tonight off the bench. They played the entire 4th quarter against Clippers starters, erased a 4 point deficit and blew them out.

This season might be fun to watch after all.
    I spotted that lineup in the preseason... I thought they worked well
    together then.... They have great energy and seem to know their
    roles really well...

MDA should consider playing them as a unit often!!!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I think the Clippers thought it would be an easy blow out win and certainly didn't expect our bench to be far better than the starters....for both teams?

I need to see more before I am convinced but I see a lot of promise in some of these players....yeah, maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Weirdest stat of the year: The Lakers are now 5-0 when Kobe misses the season opener
    enjoy the ride man...we all know this team aint winning sh!t...

as well as enjoy it...

It was a nice win with a great build of confidence for this team. I said they have nothing to lose and they all want to prove something, so they will surprise and upset some. They were fun to watch. I love their energy, hustle and no fear in going at it to score.

This year is supposed to be a wash but with effort like last night I can enjoy the season a little.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker

It's Dantoni style bball. Suns were just like this for years. Dribble-dribble-shoot. There was teamwork and some defense though so I won't yell at Dantoni.. yet.

Dantoni style is fun and exciting to watch even though it won't win any championships.

NBA lottery pick

It's just the first game of the season so I don't take it too seriously. I don't think the bench can play like that consistently. It was fun to watch though. Miami also killed Chicago yesterday, but in the playoffs would you really say they wouldn't have a chance? It's just too small of a sample size right now.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

see what i said...they will look good and be trash another day.

long season to go...hope they get a lotto pick in the process....

fire D'Toni...
    Hire Phil
    Bring LeBron
    Bring Melo
    Sign Pau/Kob on cheap and there u go...just like that :) i wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    see what i said...they will look good and be trash another day.

long season to go...hope they get a lotto pick in the process....

fire D'Toni...
    Hire Phil
    Bring LeBron
    Bring Melo
    Sign Pau/Kob on cheap and there u go...just like that :) i wake up