Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe in 03-04: Colluded with Payton/Malone, accused of rape, snitched, finals LVP

You were so excited to post that ^^^ it doesn't even make sense.

Slow down and try again, Chico.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe in 03-04: Colluded with Payton/Malone, accused of rape, snitched, finals LVP

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Wait.... He lost to a stacked celtic team, beat a dwight coward team (who proceeded slayed lebron's team, so kobe > dwight > bran?) and then beat the celtics with kg, pp, ray ray and rondo?
    Don't do em like that.

You'll make him choke on one of his alts.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    You were so excited to post that ^^^ it doesn't even make sense.

Slow down and try again, Chico.

It doesn't make sense because you have no response?

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    It doesn't make sense because you have no response?
    He quoted my post about LeBron in Miami with the above jibberish mumbo-jumbo.

Maybe you can break it down for me so I can respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Is this the most disgraced single season an athlete has ever had?

Serious question.

Colluded with two more HOFers when he was already riding the MDE's coattails.
    Is then accused of sexually assaulting an innocent young girl. Literally ratted out his teammate unsolicited for having affairs. Paid his accusers to let him off the hook. Cried at the press conference. On top of all that his team makes the finals and he singlehandedly chucks them out of an historic fourpeat opportunity.

Cant honestly think of a worse year an athlete has had in terms of performance and off the court combined.
    What you expect from a punk ass white boy from the rich part of town?

Punk ass ho.

High School Varsity 6th Man

As a kobe fan this hurts, but I have to agree.

I rule the local playground

Bit exaggerated I think.

Yes, so 2 veterans who were ending their careers took pay cuts and joined the Lakers but didn't have enough health/gas in the tank to do much came to the Lakers. And the Lakers, after winning 3 straight rings, were gassed by going to the 4th straight finals too. Kobe hurting his knee was bad, but he recovered. Him being accused by Faber and then having the charges dropped was bad, but it didn't end his career.

Other examples of worse years could probably include:

Mike Tyson actually being convicted and going to jail, ending his career and multi-million dollar earning potential in his prime;

Escobar, scoring on his own goal in the World Cup (resulting in their elimination), totally humiliating himself to the entire world and then being murdered shortly thereafter, likely as a result of that gaffe. The murder tarnishes the reputation of his entire country in the process too.

Multiple race car drivers dying in races over the years;

Manchester United team plane crash in 1958, killing multiple players and team officials, coaches, etc.

How the heck can you compare Kobe not winning a 4th ring in a row (after which he wins 2 more) and being accused, and then acquitted or rape, but continuing to be a NBA superstar a worse year than any of the above?
    Last edited by choppermagic; 09-11-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Karl Malone also hit on Kobe's wife early that season, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8kLKcEOQg
    Last edited by kamil; 09-11-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

yeah....his B2B titles were so easy that he had to lead his team in MP, points, TRB, assists and steals for each title.
    you lebron stans really lack in all reading comprehension. my quote was "in HOPES of making his path easier"

A fifth grader could have read that and understood that what i said is that he left his team to join up with superstars so he could have a much easier trip to the finals. That may or may not have been the case after they teamed up, but BEFORE the actual season, that what he was hoping for. and there's nothing you can say to dispute that fact

because as they say, "When the going gets tough, Lebron gets going"

He quoted my post about LeBron in Miami with the above jibberish mumbo-jumbo.

Maybe you can break it down for me so I can respond?
    Some how kobe beat the 2010 celtics, the same celtic squad they made lebron quit on his home town.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    2014 Wade says hi
    McDonald's says hi

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    McDonald's says hi

lol at thinking reaching the Finals is a disgrace.

typical of bran stans

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    lol at thinking reaching the Finals is a disgrace.

typical of bran stans
    Reaching the Finals isn't a disgrace, Kobe's '04 Finals performance was though

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Some how kobe beat the 2010 celtics, the same celtic squad they made lebron quit on his home town.