Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

Anyone?

College star

Default Re: Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

3 assists to 5 TO combined . Not that impressive .

Banned

Default Re: Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    against the Toronto Raptors great defensive frontcourt?

Very good NBA starter

you can only hope to contain Kwame Brown

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    Are you implying that Kobe's 81 point game isn't impressive?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

That's ****ing priceless.

I just noticed they have the same initials

Very good NBA starter

kwame was beasting

Toronto Raptors greatest defensive team of this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Toronto Raptors greatest defensive team of this generation.

This is always the stupidest argument I see. I can understand bringing it up if people say "81>_" where the blank came against a much better defense sure, but that's not at all the case here.

The 81 was impressive, and it doesn't matter who it came against. It came against an NBA team and it was in the process of a comeback. The team was down close to 20 at the half and he alone made the comeback, scoring 50 in the second half...again, on an NBA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    This is always the stupidest argument I see. I can understand bringing it up if people say "81>_" where the blank came against a much better defense sure, but that's not at all the case here.

The 81 was impressive, and it doesn't matter who it came against. It came against an NBA team and it was in the process of a comeback. The team was down close to 20 at the half and he alone made the comeback, scoring 50 in the second half...again, on an NBA team.
    It really wasnt that impressive.

If you watch the game it was truly one of the most patheitc displays of defense ever.

It was an impressive peformance but not one that makes me think wow this was so freakin incredible a performance for the ages.

It was one of the best Volume shooters/scorers ever on a hot shooting night against a truly terrible defensive team.

was it far more impressive then Lebrons 52/12/12 or Wades 45/15/10/5/4 not really.

People act like that one game should actually effect the way people judge or rate Kobe.

College superstar

This

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

It definitely was impressive, no doubt about it. BUT...of course there's a but right?...he was basically stat padding up by 20 with 5 minutes left to play.

IMO the 62 point effort against Dallas was more impressive despite the fact refs were calling every ticky tack foul possible.

But most impressive part is that both these games came in the same season.

What if he had two 80 point games in 06?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    It definitely was impressive, no doubt about it. BUT...of course there's a but right?...he was basically stat padding up by 20 with 5 minutes left to play.

IMO the 62 point effort against Dallas was more impressive despite the fact refs were calling every ticky tack foul possible.

But most impressive part is that both these games came in the same season.

What if he had two 80 point games in 06?
    Wilt stat padded too... shall we discredit his game too?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Wilt stat padded too... shall we discredit his game too?
    So you're pro stat padding?

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    It really wasnt that impressive.

If you watch the game it was truly one of the most patheitc displays of defense ever.

It was an impressive peformance but not one that makes me think wow this was so freakin incredible a performance for the ages.

It was one of the best Volume shooters/scorers ever on a hot shooting night against a truly terrible defensive team.

was it far more impressive then Lebrons 52/12/12 or Wades 45/15/10/5/4 not really.

People act like that one game should actually effect the way people judge or rate Kobe.

LeBron's never had a 52/12/12 game. The closest he got was in NY, but he only had 9 rebounds.

And many many teams have had worse defensive games. Not many players have approached 80, let alone even 70 or 60 points in a game.

And you realize "displays of hot shooting" are always the most impressive in NBA history right? That's why superstar scorers are the most valuable role in the NBA.