Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default 2007 Cavaliers & 2004 Timberwolves Added to NBA 2K16

I know there's a thread on the first page about 2K was I wasn't sure if folks would think to look there to see these teams have been added (since the thread title was about five other teams).

Anyhow, with the 2007 Cavs and 2004 Wolves representing the final two additions, here's the rundown of the 12 new classic teams coming to 2K this year:

2000 Trail Blazers
    2000 Raptors
    2001 Lakers
    2003 Mavericks
    2004 Pistons
    2004 Timbewolves
    2005 Suns
    2006 Heat
    2007 Cavaliers
    2008 Rockets
    2008 Celtics
    2013 Heat

These teams are all in addition to the 30+ classic squads already included in 2K: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ster-list.html
    Last edited by Rake2204; 09-10-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: 2007 Cavaliers & 2004 Timberwolves Added to NBA 2K16

Gonna rape shit with Pavlovic, Hughes and Gooden

most of these teams are lol-worthy

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Gonna rape shit with Pavlovic, Hughes and Gooden
    They're gonna be so shitty lol. Glad the Cavs got a throwback but I would have much preferred the 09 or 10 team. Wonder how they rate Boobie Gibson though, he wrecked that year's ECF.

Peak KG will be fun to play with

Ok, this is getting a little bit out of hand with some these more recent teams. I'm stoked about the 04 T-Wolves, though. I loved that team and the Wolves (because of KG) were my team of preference in the early and mid-2000s.

I'm just stoked there's a peak/prime version of KG to do stuff with like do fantasy drafts and build a team around him or insert him on some current shitty roster like the 76ers and build them up with peak KG as the cornerstone, etc.
    Last edited by KG215; 09-10-2015 at 04:53 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Other than more classics, making the mycareer mode more gimmicky, and the change of ratings, what else are they improving on?

Haven't been following other than what's posted on ISH. Hopefully I'm missing something. Probably the least excited I've been for a 2K game. Feels like what Madden was 5 or so years ago right before I just stopped buying all together.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Other than more classics, making the mycareer mode more gimmicky, and the change of ratings, what else are they improving on?

Haven't been following other than what's posted on ISH. Hopefully I'm missing something. Probably the least excited I've been for a 2K game. Feels like what Madden was 5 or so years ago right before I just stopped buying all together.
    Here's a rundown on gameplay improvements: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ith-mike-wang/

They've also apparently stepped things up on the defensive side of the ball, introducing numerous real life ways of defending a pick & roll and implementing a bevy of new systems, including those used by classic teams (the '89 Pistons implement the Jordan Rules, for instance).

Also, apparently standout defenders will guard the opposing team's best player by default (if the matchup makes sense); meaning, shooting guards won't automatically guard other shooting guards no matter what. Kawhi Leonard will guard LeBron James regardless of whether they're playing the same position. More info: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...tt-ogallagher/

Team relocation and re-branding is also new this year. In franchise mode (or whatever it's called), there are 30 locations (in addition to all the current NBA cities) in which the user can move their team. Jersey and court customization appears to be very deep (can upload images for jerseys, logo, or court). Also, teams can be re-branded without moving.

No real presentation details yet, aside from Kenny Smith joining Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson for pre-, halftime, and post-game reports. There will be a replacement for Steve Kerr as color commentator but that has not yet been revealed. Edit: It's Greg Anthony.

Also, many players were bodyscanned this year, coinciding with the introduction of wingspan for each player.

I haven't been moved to purchase an NBA basketball game since 2K13 but I admit I'm really liking everything I'm seeing this year.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 09-10-2015 at 06:39 PM.

They fcked up making it East and West each week.

The 07 Cavs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Here's a rundown on gameplay improvements: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ith-mike-wang/

They've also apparently stepped things up on the defensive side of the ball, introducing numerous real life ways of defending a pick & roll and implementing a bevy of new systems, including those used by classic teams (the '89 Pistons implement the Jordan Rules, for instance).

Also, apparently standout defenders will guard the opposing team's best player by default (if the matchup makes sense); meaning, shooting guards won't automatically guard other shooting guards no matter what. Kawhi Leonard will guard LeBron James regardless of whether they're playing the same position. More info: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...tt-ogallagher/

Team relocation and re-branding is also new this year. In franchise mode (or whatever it's called), there are 30 locations (in addition to all the current NBA cities) in which the user can move their team. Jersey and court customization appears to be very deep (can upload images for jerseys, logo, or court). Also, teams can be re-branded without moving.

No real presentation details yet, aside from Kenny Smith joining Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson for pre-, halftime, and post-game reports. There will be a replacement for Steve Kerr as color commentator but that has not yet been revealed.

Also, many players were bodyscanned this year, coinciding with the introduction of wingspan for each player.

I haven't been moved to purchase an NBA basketball game since 2K13 but I admit I'm really liking everything I'm seeing this year.
    OK, this is going to be ****ing good

Oh cool, a team that got swept in the Finals, good going, very worthy

2K sucking on Lebaldo's wee wee how original

No wonder, the 07 Cavs were stacked as fukk

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    They fcked up making it East and West each week.

The 07 Cavs?
    that supa athletic lebron tho

Eric Snow and Larry Hughes