Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Unhappy Kills me to admit it but Lillard may have surpassed Westbrook...

Lillard plays way more under control, turns the ball over far less, is more efficient, more clutch, and doesn't dominate the ball as much as Russ. Today I was thinking what it'd be like if Lillard was in OKC playing off of Durant... Not like Brooks would develop any real offense around those two, but if he did... god damn.

I love Westbrook but having Brooks as his coach doesn't help him any because literally all he gets told from the coach is to be aggressive and attack in all situations as opposed to being told something more reasonable and direct.

I mean yeah if you're talking Lillard vs Westbrook in a playoff series I'm taking Westbrook every god damn day. Thing is I'm taking Westbrook over anyone in a series because the guy REFUSES to get outplayed by his matchup but to me sometimes it's frustrating to watch because a guy focusing on a personal battle can come in the way of a team winning a game...

I may regret posting this later, OKC has just been in a slump recently and it's frustrating because all they run is iso's and PnR's. They've had like 5 years with their coach but still run a YMCA ball offense, it's straight up embarassing.

Also, I'm thinking it may be time for Russ to pull the plug on shooting 3's the way Wade did a while back.

Just my two cents.

Default Re: Kills me to admit it but Lillard may have surpassed Westbrook...

So he also surpassed Durant!

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend

NBA Superstar

Westbrook was leading the league in per just a few games ago and everyone loved him. Including you. Obviously he was going to come down, but you've given up on a top 5 NBA player after a rough stretch of games?

What the fvck.

Why so beta russ? Goatbrook's disappointed. Gtfo if you're not ready for the tough times, bitch.

Banned

lillard is a top 20 player of all time

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Why so beta russ? Goatbrook's disappointed. Gtfo if you're not ready for the tough times, bitch.
    Not about the tough times man, I've supported the hell out of this team ever since they came here, it's just frustrating as hell to see the team make the same mistakes year after year and then hit the playoffs and fail from getting straight outcoached.

It's also in general how I feel about Lillard man. I knew he was going to be a badass from before he was even drafted.

It's not like Lillard comes close to Westbrook's impact on the glass, on defense, or in transition, but damn does Lillard make up for it by turning the ball over less and playing way more efficient basketball.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Westbrook was leading the league in per just a few games ago and everyone loved him. Including you. Obviously he was going to come down, but you've given up on a top 5 NBA player after a rough stretch of games?

What the fvck.
    Never said I've gave up, this thread just spawned from me imagining a Lillard/Durant duo. How the hell are you gonna guard that?

Thing is Lillard is a guy who KNOWS how to play off of others extremely well and I think he'd thrive even more alongside someone like Durant commanding that much more attention.

Lin for westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Lin for westbrook

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Can't go wrong with either tbh. Wall next in line once he gets some more playoff experience.

Westbrook is better, by a decent margin. The difference is Lillard has an excellent Xs and Os coach. Stotts knows how to run things and get everyone in a position to succeed. They run actual plays consistently, their offense is multi dimensional and hard to stop. The impact of good coaching is vastly underrated..Lillard doesn't experience a fraction of the pressure Westbrook and Durant do night in night out with the way OKC is run.

We have no idea how Westbrook would respond to a coach who knows what he's doing. All we see is that OKC relies on KD and Westbrook isoball almost entirely, and that Westbrook is naturally one of the most aggressive players in the league...and this results in some pretty embarrassing moments...it's to be expected. When the coach pretty much has nothing to offer from a strategic perspective and you have a player on your team who wants to win more than anything..he's going to do his thing.

It's seriously baffling that Brooks still has a job. Players and coaches all around the league get scrutinized like crazy, their performances analyzed endlessly, tapes and stats studied over and over...and somehow this dude has managed to get by for years just dripping with blatant cluelessness, running the same laughable offense season after season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Lin for westbrook
    Both teams would get better with this trade.