Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kirk Hinrich is always there to screw things up

The only memories I have of Kirk that stick out is him missing big shots and making game changing mistakes. It will be a happy day when I no longer have to watch this piece of shit screw games up for the Bulls. His defense just does not make up for all of his glaring flaws anymore. I'd rather have Brooks on the floor.

Maybe I'm just pissed, but holy hell, who just hands three points to the other team with 4 seconds left? Seriously?! The Bulls should trade his ass to the Sixers as punishment.

Default Re: Kirk Hinrich is always there to screw things up

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    The only memories I have of Kirk that stick out is him missing big shots and making game changing mistakes. It will be a happy day when I no longer have to watch this piece of shit screw games up for the Bulls. His defense just does not make up for all of his glaring flaws anymore. I'd rather have Brooks on the floor.

Maybe I'm just pissed, but holy hell, who just hands three points to the other team with 4 seconds left? Seriously?! The Bulls should trade his ass to the Sixers as punishment.
    I understand the pain and frustration, I didn't see the game but I was there when Kirk did great defending and shooting well in LA, actually outplaying CP3 a couple of weeks back. In a separate thread, you said you were impressed with the current record, let me ask you, who held the fort while Rose was not playing for like 8 games of so?
    Kirk is NEVER spectacular like Nate, Robinson or Rose etc. He does the basic pass, dictate the tempo, staying in front of his guy which is very difficult thing to do with the current rules. Last but not the least, the guy does his best in helping this team like taking a charge from a 270 lb Cousins injuring his chest area in the process, then found himself playing after a few days.

Yep, it was a heartbreaker today. I even lost my mind at a poster in another gamethread and rightfully got my ass called out.

Hinrich did make some big 3s when he came in, but I question Thibs decision to bring him in when we were down 9 points.

So we need offense, bring in Hinrich? really?

Someway, somehow, I would of had Mirotic out there as a SF. I don't care if we had no big men on the bench, we needed his impact on the floor as he was playing well all game.

Anyone know why McDermott didn't play? Or why Thibs refuses to play Rose and Brooks together?

If we are going to feature Hinrich as a main part of the rotation in the playoffs, we are in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I understand the pain and frustration, I didn't see the game but I was there when Kirk did great defending and shooting well in LA, actually outplaying CP3 a couple of weeks back. In a separate thread, you said you were impressed with the current record, let me ask you, who held the fort while Rose was not playing for like 8 games of so?
    Kirk is NEVER spectacular like Nate, Robinson or Rose etc. He does the basic pass, dictate the tempo, staying in front of his guy which is very difficult thing to do with the current rules. Last but not the least, the guy does his best in helping this team like taking a charge from a 270 lb Cousins injuring his chest area in the process, then found himself playing after a few days.

Anyone not a Bulls fan, it was a good game.

That type of game hurts more than the loss itself.

We now have to try and win a game tomorrow with no gas in the tank.

The biggest issue outside of the game is the decisions on the rotation.

We cannot win a championship if Bulls don't find a way to play Mirotic 25 minutes plus a game and have McDermott somehow involved.

There isn't any harm trying to get Snell going either, but Thibs is determined to stick to his old ways. We HAVE TO BE MORE FLEXIBLE. We cannot afford to be predictable and rely on the same rotation all the time...

Kirk does a good enough job, but always kills the Bulls in big situations. He's a bonehead, and when it comes down to being smart and doing the right thing, he'll break your heart every time. A good game like that night the Bulls played the Clippers are too few are far between.

I'm impressed with the record, but let's not get things confused and start thinking it's Kirk behind any success the Bulls have had. He played a role that many players in the NBA can do as good or better, including someone on our very own roster. He can defend, and do a bunch of other things okay and he's tough, but it doesn't change the fact that he so frequently misses big shots/free throws and makes stupid mistakes in crunch time. I'm getting sick of seeing this dude lose games for the Bulls. It's like a reoccurring nightmare with him.

Brooks has much more to offer this team and Hinrich gets more minutes. I just don't feel Kirks defense is good enough these days to warrant more minutes than Brooks. It makes me sick to my stomach every time I see Hinrich on the floor in a close game in the fourth. Tonight Brooks put up just as many points as Kirk in 13 minutes and dished out 4 assist compared to Kirk's 2, yet Kirk played 26 minutes and got shit on pretty much all game long by the opposing point guards.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

The only reason we were in that game, was thanks to the refs. They giftwrapped a comeback, and we blew it.

And Dougie is injured.
    http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bull...ht-knee-injury

Kirk does a good enough job, but always kills the Bulls in big situations. He's a bonehead, and when it comes down to being smart and doing the right thing, he'll break your heart every time. A good game like that night the Bulls played the Clippers are too few are far between.

I'm impressed with the record, but let's not get things confused and start thinking it's Kirk behind any success the Bulls have had. He played a role that many players in the NBA can do as good or better, including someone on our very own roster. He can defend, and do a bunch of other things okay and he's tough, but it doesn't change the fact that he so frequently misses big shots/free throws and makes stupid mistakes in crunch time. I'm getting sick of seeing this dude lose games for the Bulls. It's like a reoccurring nightmare with him.

Brooks has much more to offer this team and Hinrich gets more minutes. I just don't feel Kirks defense is good enough these days to warrant more minutes than Brooks. It makes me sick to my stomach every time I see Hinrich on the floor in a close game in the fourth. Tonight Brooks put up just as many points as Kirk in 13 minutes and dished out 4 assist compared to Kirk's 2, yet Kirk played 26 minutes and got shit on pretty much all game long by the opposing point guards.

Trying to not sound like a wet blanket, after all this was a tough loss and most Bulls fans would be feeling pretty deflated.

Thibs has got this all wrong. He obviously loves Hinrich and trusts him, but what we need comes from brooks.

Like you said, the Mavs game today the guards were blowing past Hinrich at will. If Hinrich cannot do what he is there for, then we are better off with Brooks out there.

would it hurt to play rose and brooks together? would it hurt to try Moore and see what he can do? would it hurt to try Mirotic at the 3 for small spurts? what about giving butler some rest by playing Snell and Mirotic at the 3?

Thibs stuck in let's win every game at all costs and no forward thinking. Just kills me the lack of flexibility he has sometimes. Plays it too safe.

Such a stupid stupid foul. Heartbreaking loss like everyone else said.

But that Rose shot to tie it up.

Can we talk about not guarding Monta Ellis for either OT though? I mean it was fine in the 4th when he kept driving down the right side and missing but jesus christ the lack of defense on those picks in the OTs were killer.

I don't disagree with you interms of Kirk's inability to step up and hit big shots in clutch times, Heck, I still remember the time I rooted for Kansas and Hinrich layed an egg.
    But I disagree that Brooks has more to offer esp when 29 other teams refuse to offer this guy a better contract this summer. I know since his Oregon days that Aaron is an explosive scorer but like most scoring PGs, he has his own weaknesses, but the thing is to most fans like us, they are very hard to see. Missed rotations, failing to control tempo, making a bad entry pass, misreading the defense etc etc. D-Rob and CJ Watson looked great when they were Bulls too, where are they now?
    But yes to as point, ideally, I would put Brooks over Kirk when they need a basket, kinda offense/defense sub pattern.
    Going back to Kirk, he like Eric Snow in the early 2000, not spectacular but does the little things that good coaches see. Makes minimal mistakes, make a bad pass or esp sticking to game plans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Trying to not sound like a wet blanket, after all this was a tough loss and most Bulls fans would be feeling pretty deflated.

Thibs has got this all wrong. He obviously loves Hinrich and trusts him, but what we need comes from brooks.

Like you said, the Mavs game today the guards were blowing past Hinrich at will. If Hinrich cannot do what he is there for, then we are better off with Brooks out there.

would it hurt to play rose and brooks together? would it hurt to try Moore and see what he can do? would it hurt to try Mirotic at the 3 for small spurts? what about giving butler some rest by playing Snell and Mirotic at the 3?

Thibs stuck in let's win every game at all costs and no forward thinking. Just kills me the lack of flexibility he has sometimes. Plays it too safe.
    Again, I didsn't see the game and I agree with most of the things you say.
    Thibs played Pau 50 freaking minutes., and he doesn't see him burning out like he did in LA, really?
    Im not sure tho if Mirotic can handle SF's with his relatively slow feet, rendering him incapable in defending the screen roll, Thibs always emphasize defense and yes, I still remember last playoffs when they were struggling to score vs Washington and he elected to bench Dunleavy.
    Having said that, I am actually pleased that Nikola is getting the minutes.
    It was a tough loss, I just hope they all learn from it.

I don't disagree with you interms of Kirk's inability to step up and hit big shots in clutch times, Heck, I still remember the time I rooted for Kansas and Hinrich layed an egg.
    But I disagree that Brooks has more to offer esp when 29 other teams refuse to offer this guy a better contract this summer. I know since his Oregon days that Aaron is an explosive scorer but like most scoring PGs, he has his own weaknesses, but the thing is to most fans like us, they are very hard to see. Missed rotations, failing to control tempo, making a bad entry pass, misreading the defense etc etc. D-Rob and CJ Watson looked great when they were Bulls too, where are they now?
    But yes to as point, ideally, I would put Brooks over Kirk when they need a basket, kinda offense/defense sub pattern.
    Going back to Kirk, he like Eric Snow in the early 2000, not spectacular but does the little things that good coaches see. Makes minimal mistakes, make a bad pass or esp sticking to game plans etc.
    You make a legit argument dude. I can't disagree with this, but it does nothing for my frustration with Kirk of course. But for the sake of not repeating the same stuff, you have last word my friend. Hopefully tonight doesn't breed more frustration against the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    But that Rose shot to tie it up.

Can we talk about not guarding Monta Ellis for either OT though? I mean it was fine in the 4th when he kept driving down the right side and missing but jesus christ the lack of defense on those picks in the OTs were killer.
    Rose looks so damn good aside from a few kinks in his game that he has to work out still. When that shot went up, it was weird, but I had this faith it was going in...and at the moment, I finally realized how nice it is to have him back for the Bulls. When the ball is in his hands with the game on the line, anything really is possible, even now clearly.

Monta was basically roaming free out there. It was kind of obvious that the Bulls were gassed in overtime, and Monta just had more left than anyone else on the Bulls roster from the looks of it. It's been a long time since I've been this bent out of shape after a Bulls loss, even blowout losses have me fuming less.

Kirk came through tonight. He hit two big three's late in the fourth against the Hornets, that makes up for last night's loss. But still, do you guys want to see him on the roster next season?

Just read this http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/ki...n-of-nowitzki/

Here's Dirk on Kirks foul on Monta:

Following the foul heard around the West Loop on Tuesday night, Dirk Nowitzki blasted Kirk Hinrich, saying, “… which in my 17 years is one of the dumber fouls I’ve ever seen.’’
    Last edited by Undisputed; 12-04-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Again, I didsn't see the game and I agree with most of the things you say.
    Thibs played Pau 50 freaking minutes., and he doesn't see him burning out like he did in LA, really?
    Im not sure tho if Mirotic can handle SF's with his relatively slow feet, rendering him incapable in defending the screen roll, Thibs always emphasize defense and yes, I still remember last playoffs when they were struggling to score vs Washington and he elected to bench Dunleavy.
    Having said that, I am actually pleased that Nikola is getting the minutes.
    It was a tough loss, I just hope they all learn from it.

Mirotic has quicker lateral movement and better at contesting shots than Dunleavy. Better rebounder, better passer and runs the court better not quite the same shooter as yet, but not far off.

I'd say there are more pros than cons. Not for huge stretches, just for an extra 5 or 10 minutes to get mirotic out on the court and not buried on the bench.
    Last edited by poido123; 12-04-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Kirk came through tonight. He hit two big three's late in the fourth against the Hornets, that makes up for last night's loss. But still, do you guys want to see him on the roster next season?

Just read this http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/ki...n-of-nowitzki/

Here's Dirk on Kirks foul on Monta:
    I really like Kirk, always have. If nothing else he brings consistency, intelligence aside from that Monta foul, good defense but only for 15-20 minutes a game at this point in his career, at least keeps the offense in rythym, brings versatility by playing the off guard, and is always good to miss clutch free throws.