Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24
    My InsideHoops brothers & sisters:

This is a wonderful discussion! Now here in Mozambique, we did not receive the NBA broadcasts during the time you refer to, but I can only assume this Cleveland team was horrible, yes? So the question is, can the great Kobe Bryant take a horrible team to the championship trophy?

I am no expert on the basketball, but, from the many hours I have watched Kobe Bryant, I would say yes, emphatically! I believe, so long as there are players that are willing to give Kobe the ball, the ball will find its way to the cylinder, awarding the points necessary to be victorious.

For example, let us look at this season. Again, it is difficult for me to follow the broadcasts due to the inclement weather and the lions, but from my understanding, Kobe has quite horrible teammates this year. And yet it seems his team is again the favorites to win the championship title! This is quite remarkable!

So, yes, yes, one thousand times yes!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

the problem here is

those cleveland teams won more games than any heat team thus far

and lebron is supposed to be better now than ever

so if it truly was ALL lebron... then the heat with 10 times better a linup should have resulted in atleast a few 60 win seasons by now...

but the truth is.. those cleveland teams werent built on offense. they were a defensive power house

they were like the bulls are now or with rose ... it didnt really matter that they had less offensive fire power

so yes. kobe could easly have won with those cleveland teams. all they were really missing was a guy who could perform in 4th quarters and keep composure in the playoffs... lebron lost his mind and tried doing too much. then choked when the the bright lights were on him

only in 2012 did lebron finally come out of his shell

If he played with that team in the West, i dont think he would have made the playoffs. In the East, he'd go out in the first round. That doesnt mean he's necessarily a worst player, he's just not the right kind of player to make that team a lot better than it's roster advertises, in my opinion.

Kobe is an amazing player in certain systems, and he depends a lot on the bigs while Lebron can adapt his game in any condition.

This is a wonderful discussion! Now here in Mozambique, we did not receive the NBA broadcasts during the time you refer to, but I can only assume this Cleveland team was horrible, yes? So the question is, can the great Kobe Bryant take a horrible team to the championship trophy?

I am no expert on the basketball, but, from the many hours I have watched Kobe Bryant, I would say yes, emphatically! I believe, so long as there are players that are willing to give Kobe the ball, the ball will find its way to the cylinder, awarding the points necessary to be victorious.

For example, let us look at this season. Again, it is difficult for me to follow the broadcasts due to the inclement weather and the lions, but from my understanding, Kobe has quite horrible teammates this year. And yet it seems his team is again the favorites to win the championship title! This is quite remarkable!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    My good man, Ayotunde Ndiaye

it pains me to inform you that putting the ball in the basket is not the only prerequisite to winning championships. one must also stop the other team from putting the ball in their own basket, preferably getting them to score less. consider it a contest of who hunts the most lions.

so in this contest, you not only need a team with a deadly hunter (such as your idol Kobe "Chucker" Bryant), but you also need a team with a "hunter stopper."

i think it is time to introduce you to a great "hunter stopper"

he may not look like it, but he is currently the best at stopping the top hunter (his name is Kevin Durant btw and he has led the league in scoring for 3 straight years. who do you know in Mozambique has led your tribe in killing lions for 3 straight years?) in NBA today.

best of luck in your hunting endeavors btw.
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 04-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.

self-proclaimed Mamba

Mr. Kenneth:

I admit to not follow your terminology very well, but it is clear you know much more about this great game than I do.

Here in Mozambique, we have a single court where we play our own version of basketball. Like your game, we have a pole. Although instead of using a hoop, we tie someone to the pole, usually a thief or an adulterer. And instead of hoisting a ball into the hoop, we throw stones at the person until they are dead. So someone who can throw repeatedly with no moral concerns is most desired in our game. Since the games are so similar, I imagine this is true of your basketball as well.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Mr. Kenneth:

I admit to not follow your terminology very well, but it is clear you know much more about this great game than I do.

Here in Mozambique, we have a single court where we play our own version of basketball. Like your game, we have a pole. Although instead of using a hoop, we tie someone to the pole, usually a thief or an adulterer. And instead of hoisting a ball into the hoop, we throw stones at the person until they are dead. So someone who can throw repeatedly with no moral concerns is most desired in our game. Since the games are so similar, I imagine this is true of your basketball as well.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

I'm actually laughing out loud... You could be GOAT poster. I hope you don't get banned.

Mr. Kenneth:

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    Mr. Ayotunde Ndiaye,

that's a very interesting sport, and i agree the game you play is similar to the game of basketball. however, let me correct your analogy a bit more. think of basketball as having a limited number of stones to throw. killing the adulterer using less stones is thus more desirable as "chucking" with no moral concern will actually lead to your team losing as you will run out of stones if you cannot kill the adulterer in time.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

considering how Kobe's doing with 3 other Hall of fame players... Yes. He could definitely win with Big Z or eric snow.

self-proclaimed Mamba

Mr. <8:

What a very attractive and well-dressed woman! Only the wealthiest of our ladies could afford such garments. I find it most hard to believe such a delicate flower could compete in this game, so you must be making a funny with me.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

(Could I get her number by chance?)

Mr. <8:

What a very attractive and well-dressed woman! Only the wealthiest of our ladies could afford such garments. I find it most hard to believe such a delicate flower could compete in this game, so you must be making a funny with me.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

(Could I get her number by chance?)
    Dear Ayotunde,

A woman he is not! I jest you not, but that person is actually a man. yes, surprising i know. but nevertheless, he is a man, who, i have been told to believe, has the blood of a turtle. it is said that is how he gets the stamina of stopping the top hunter, Kevin "baby face assassin" Durant. his turtle genes combine with his urkel sense and he stops the assassin with great ease.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Mr. Ayotunde Ndiaye,

that's a very interesting sport, and i agree the game you play is similar to the game of basketball. however, let me correct your analogy a bit more. think of basketball as having a limited number of stones to throw. killing the adulterer using less stones is thus more desirable as "chucking" with no moral concern will actually lead to your team losing as you will run out of stones if you cannot kill the adulterer in time.

I agree with this here, but even so a proper team effort can result in success. Imagine you have a gunner chucking a whole bunch of rocks from a distance with mediocre effectivness. But you also have three very tall guys up right near the pole who are throwing their rocks from where it is harder to miss. Plus you also have a wing player from the village who isnt afraid to guard for lions, and always does the guarding so the gunner can keep doing the heavy chucking.

This will lead to victory and the heavy chucker will be celebrated by the youngest villagers and the families who grew up too poor to have been allowed to go to school.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I'm actually laughing out loud... You could be GOAT poster. I hope you don't get banned.
    I hope he does

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the problem here is

those cleveland teams won more games than any heat team thus far

and lebron is supposed to be better now than ever

so if it truly was ALL lebron... then the heat with 10 times better a linup should have resulted in atleast a few 60 win seasons by now...

but the truth is.. those cleveland teams werent built on offense. they were a defensive power house

they were like the bulls are now or with rose ... it didnt really matter that they had less offensive fire power

so yes. kobe could easly have won with those cleveland teams. all they were really missing was a guy who could perform in 4th quarters and keep composure in the playoffs... lebron lost his mind and tried doing too much. then choked when the the bright lights were on him

only in 2012 did lebron finally come out of his shell
    No, the real problem is that those teams had success in the regular season because they tried harder and came to play every single night. That isn't to way they weren't really good...and your point about defense is true. But they lost because they didn't have enough talent to beat other elite teams...or teams that got hot.

Regular season success is not always an indication of how good a team is. The current Heat could win more games than those Cavs teams if they really wanted...hell, we just saw them win 27 in a row. But these guys take nights off and don't push themselves the way those Cavs teams did.

Yet we all know these Heat teams are infinitely better.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

College star

Hell no, it's a small market. Stern wouldn't have supported him.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    i think MJ could have won with that team. the original is better than the copy.
    Oh yeah I forgot LeBron was a copy.