Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Default Re: How come players with big muscles can't be good shooters?

Karl Malone was money from just inside the 3pt line.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Has to do with muscle memory. Thats why white guys are the best shooter they cant build muscle well but have good muscle memory

So a 200 pound bench press makes a player really strong now? Damn I would be the strongest player in the NBA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Has to do with muscle memory. Thats why white guys are the best shooter they cant build muscle well but have good muscle memory
    No you are wrong, white people can't build fast twitch muscle as easy as black people. But as for actual muscle itself it is as easy for white people as anybody else. White people are good shooters because generally they don't have the athletic ability to be slashers like Wade/LeBron so they turn into good shooters and passers.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

we're talking about big muscle mass it doesn't mean ben gordon is the strongest in the league

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    No you are wrong, white people can't build fast twitch muscle as easy as black people. But as for actual muscle itself it is as easy for white people as anybody else. White people are good shooters because generally they don't have the athletic ability to be slashers like Wade/LeBron so they turn into good shooters and passers.
    Lol go read a book. Black people are naturally more athletic and strong. And when they work out they build muscle,get leaner, a lot faster. How come you never see no Dwade, Kobe,Lebron athletic white boys?

But you are right about black people build fast twitch muscles and white people are more prone to building slow twitch fibers. But even look at females. The all are not really athletic but the white females are the better shooters

Lol go read a book. Black people are naturally more athletic and strong. And when they work out they build muscle,get leaner, a lot faster. How come you never see no Dwade, Kobe,Lebron athletic white boys?

But you are right about black people build fast twitch muscles and white people are more prone to building slow twitch fibers. But even look at females. The all are not really athletic but the white females are the better shooters
    I don't need to read a book. Black people are naturally more athletic, well no ****ing shit lol. But they are not naturally stronger than white people. Often black kids have to work a lot harder than white kids do, but if we took 100 white kids, 100 black kids and put them in the same encironment the split of strength between the 200 kids would be 50/50.

What you're labelling athletcism is the effect of fast twich muscle fibres. African Americans have more of those, which gives them better explosiveness and quickness, which is what you think athleticism is. Europeans build slow twitch muscle fibres which give more strength and endurance and that's why most hockey players are European.

African Americans looking leaner has nothing to do with muscle. They have higher metabolic rates than Europeans, so they have much less fat tissue in their bodies so their muscles show easier through the skin.

That's all factual if you care to listen. If you're going to reply with something like "go read" then there's no point in arguing with someone who denies facts.

7-time NBA All-Star

Black guys may be more athletic, but I'm not sure if they have any more ability to become leaner and more muscular. I mean look at most body builders, they're mostly white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Black guys may be more athletic, but I'm not sure if they have any more ability to become leaner and more muscular. I mean look at most body builders, they're mostly white guys.
    I explained it in post above. European muscle tissue has the advantage of endurance and strength wheras African muscle tissue has muscle designed more for quickness.
    When it comes to power lifting, strength is the main key, hence the domination by Europeans.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I explained it in post above. European muscle tissue has the advantage of endurance and strength wheras African muscle tissue has muscle designed more for quickness.
    When it comes to power lifting, strength is the main key, hence the domination by Europeans.
    My point was that I haven't noticed much of a difference in vascularity between the 2 races. I mean even look at action movie stars like Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme ect.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    My point was that I haven't noticed much of a difference in vascularity between the 2 races. I mean even look at action movie stars like Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme ect.
    More potential for strength = more potential for size. It's not a perfect correlation but it is a strong one nonetheless.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

practise is all it takes. A guy like arenas challenges himself to make 10,000 shots in 3 months during the offseason. Muscles don't matter, if you shoot the ball consistently you will be a good shooter. Shooting, just like muscle building is more effective with constant repetitions.
    Last edited by dr8ked; 03-31-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    So a 200 pound bench press makes a player really strong now? Damn I would be the strongest player in the NBA!!!!
    It's dumb bell incline press. 200 lb dumb bell =/= 200 barbell. You also don't know how many reps he was doing or what stage of his work out he was in. You just see a picture with him holding them about to do a set. You have no idea of the circumstances. And yeah, I'd say if you are repping 2 100 lb dumb bells on incline bench, you are strong. It depends on your definition of strong I guess, but I would definitely say from going to various gyms that it is above average by a fair margin of gym-goers.

Shooter spend more time shooting than pumping iron. Usually, people get good more at what they spend more time on. You get what you put in. You sacrafice one thing for another.