Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Which one was overrated John Stockton Or Karl Malone?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think neither are overrated. Malone is viewed by most as #2 PF, and Stockton as #2-3 PG (#1 as far as being a pure PG, but obviously not "a better player" than Magic). Though, while they were playing I felt Stockton was underrated due to Malone getting more credit than Stockton (for the most part).
    That's what boggles the mind. How can #2 PF and #2 PG playing together for at least 10 seasons in their prime not win any title?

We know they had a much better than average coach in Jerry Sloan. Were their supporting casts that bad? If I remember correctly, their supporting casts were solid throughout. No Smush Parker or Jason Collins.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    That's what boggles the mind. How can #2 PF and #2 PG playing together for at least 10 seasons in their prime not win any title?

We know they had a much better than average coach in Jerry Sloan. Were their supporting casts that bad? If I remember correctly, their supporting casts were solid throughout. No Smush Parker or Jason Collins.
    Forget win a ring they had trouble coming out the West. And they still had jeff Hornacek who was a great shooter and scorer. One of those guy is VERY OVERRATED! but im not pointing fingers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    One of those guy is VERY OVERRATED! but im not pointing fingers
    lol what a cop out.

so you are sure one of those guys is definitely overrated, but you don't know who or can't explain why?

nobody calls malone an undisputed GOAT power forward and nobody has stockton as GOAt point guard. they're both debated as being in the 2-5 range and you think just because they made "only" two finals playing with jeff hornaceck, greg ostertag, bryon russell and antoine carr that it means they HAVE to be overrated?

you're trying too hard man. let it go. find something more worthwhile to worry over.

CeoTypeDoe619

Quote Originally Posted by DeAndre Gordon
    lol what a cop out.

so you are sure one of those guys is definitely overrated, but you don't know who or can't explain why?

nobody calls malone an undisputed GOAT power forward and nobody has stockton as GOAt point guard. they're both debated as being in the 2-5 range and you think just because they made "only" two finals playing with jeff hornaceck, greg ostertag, bryon russell and antoine carr that it means they HAVE to be overrated?

you're trying too hard man. let it go. find something more worthwhile to worry over.
    First i like the upgrade on ya avy
    2nd Malone is really the GOAT PF because Duncan is truly a center
    Some people even consider stockton a better pg then magic
    not a better player but a better pg
    and with all that greatness all you can do is lose in the finals twice?
    OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never watched the scrubs play so im not going to call em overrated but one of them has to be to make any sense.
    COME ON SCRUB!

lol what a cop out.

Yeah they don't have to be overrated. There can be other factors like lack of leadership in the team, lack of chemistry, lack of closer or maybe the Jazz simply didn't try hard enough.

It just seemed they had it all going for them and still couldn't achieve the ultimate goal.

Banned

Yeah they don't have to be overrated. There can be other factors like lack of leadership in the team, lack of chemistry, lack of closer or maybe the Jazz simply didn't try hard enough.

It just seemed they had it all going for them and still couldn't achieve the ultimate goal.

shit happens.

a lot of people argue Randy Moss is the greatest WR to ever play, or at the very least is second behind Jerry Rice. A lot of people say Tom Brady is the greatest QB, or if not at least in the top 3.

those two played an undefeated season together then lost to the Giants in the Superbowl where Moss caught I believe ONE pass.

basketball is often about matchups. and no matter who you consider the "GOAT", the margin between him and the next guy is not that great. and sometimes the ball just takes a bounce either in your favor or not in your favor.

i just think people who try to rank players based on accomplishments on paper are ignorant and wasting their time. if you watched both stockton and isiah play, if you saw both malone and barkley play, then just decide which one looked like a better bball player to you. don't use circumstances that are beyond any one player's control or team-based achievements as the measuring stick. that's lazy and stupid. a 4 year old could do that.
    Last edited by DeAndre Gordon; 04-01-2010 at 05:14 AM.

CeoTypeDoe619

shit happens.

a lot of people argue Randy Moss is the greatest WR to ever play, or at the very least is second behind Jerry Rice. A lot of people say Tom Brady is the greatest QB, or if not at least in the top 3.

those two played an undefeated season together then lost to the Giants in the Superbowl where Moss caught I believe ONE pass.

basketball is often about matchups. and no matter who you consider the "GOAT", the margin between him and the next guy is not that great. and sometimes the ball just takes a bounce either in your favor or not in your favor.

i just think people who try to rank players based on accomplishments on paper are ignorant and wasting their time. if you watched both stockton and isiah play, if you saw both malone and barkley play, then just decide which one looked like a better bball player to you. don't use circumstances that are beyond any one player's control or team-based achievements as the measuring stick. that's lazy and stupid. a 4 year old could do that.
    Lmao man you must be real young or just flat out stupid. Were talking about a game where 5 people play defense and offense. Football theres about 30 people who play offense and defense. So even if you have 2 great players what does that mean?
    And Lmao NOBODY considers Tom Brady the Goat @ Quarterback He's not even top 3 in his era. Lmao. Manning, Farve, Brees.

And 1 game elimination = Best out of 7 game series
    Come on brah that was literally one of the worst comparisons i have seen on ish

Great players always find a way to win in the playoffs. That's what separates the good NBA players to the Legendary NBA players.