Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    owwwww

Default Up close with Wilt (talks about sex life, feud with Kareem, Shaq etc)

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTD8S0n5DGc
    part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW17rCSeWLo

very rare interviews and the most in depth I've ever seen him talk on video about some of those topics.

starts talking about the 20000 claim near the end of the first video. in part 2, he is asked about Shaq (back when Shaq was a rookie) and shows a lot of respect to him saying "he's already doing things I've never done", and that Shaq has potential to be better than him...though he does seem to think he could play Shaq's style just as effectively. then the interview moves to the feud with Kareem where he hears Kareem's open letter read to him for the first time, and you can see he is pretty hurt by what Kareem wrote.

part 3 hasn't been put up yet but I think he talks about Russell.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 03-23-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Up close with Wilt (talks about sex life, feud with Kareem, Shaq etc)

Indeed to add to what was said it appeared to me as well that Jabbar had a big mobility advantage in their H2H match ups over an aged Chamberlain with a reconstructed knee. As for Shaq, one can't help but wonder what Wilt Chamberlain would have said regarding his '00 season.

Default Re: Up close with Wilt (talks about sex life, feud with Kareem, Shaq etc)

Didn't know Kareem said all those hurtful things about Wilt, yikes. I don't consider WC a quitter, he might of statpadded, but the man still wanted to win. He's a top 3 player of all time, concrete, no doubt about it.

thanks for the vids

The Irony about Kareem making those comments is that's many of Kareem's flaws were much more damaging to him and his teams than Wilt's. Kareem never had the intelligence to play the game at the level his skills and physical gifts suggested he should.

Da Mavs

Awesome footage. Thanks for sharing Fatal

Banned

I kinda laughed when he said he could remember 15 thousand names. Anyone think that is remotely possible?

Banned

he talks well, good interview guy

Thanks for the post. I wish the guy had part 3/3 up. I found it really interesting as I had never actually heard his voice before and his opinions other than reading articles.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I kinda laughed when he said he could remember 15 thousand names. Anyone think that is remotely possible?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was like first or last name or a nickname or something if he saw a picture. But no way in Hell could he just unwind 15000 names off the top of his head, lol.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Thanks for the post. I wish the guy had part 3/3 up. I found it really interesting as I had never actually heard his voice before and his opinions other than reading articles.
    uploaded today so I think it will be up soon. I just want to hear the part where he says "Russell won 11 championships, but today I'm not sure that he is a very happy man"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was like first or last name or a nickname or something if he saw a picture. But no way in Hell could he just unwind 15000 names off the top of his head, lol.
    No way he could. Just think of how many name you'll remember in your life, probably not close to 15 thousand. Not that its even realistically possible he could've had sex with 15 thousand people.
    Wilt was a huge Bullshitter. Very interesting to listen to though.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

wiltatkansas is a great youtuber, everyone should subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    He says if he see them by name on a sheet of paper ... which is believable. You remember something if you see it.

You can tell Wilt is smart by how articulate he is. Some great stuff in this interview, I wish players today acted a little more like wilt.