Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: JR narrows choice to Knicks and Clippers!!

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    So when are you going to admit you were wrong about Chandler?

Regardless of what team he plays on, he's at least a 10/10 guy.

He is every bit as motivated to winning as he was in Dallas. He isn't satisfied with the ring he won last year.

He has been the Knicks' most consistent player and our defensive foundation.
    Knicks played horrible with him getting his 10-10, and they can also play great with him getting 10-10. In other words, a solid non-impact player. A decent starter, but not someone who adds a whole bunch of wins over the course of a season. He hasn't turned them into a great defensive team by himself, they are still average at best in that regard.

How is this any different from what I said when they signed him? This is exactly what I said when they signed him. I never said he would be horrible, but I did say that it's not MAX money impact by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Knicks played horrible with him getting his 10-10, and they can also play great with him getting 10-10. In other words, a solid non-impact player. A decent starter, but not someone who adds a whole bunch of wins over the course of a season. He hasn't turned them into a great defensive team by himself, they are still average at best in that regard.

How is this any different from what I said when they signed him? This is exactly what I said when they signed him. I never said he would be horrible, but I did say that it's not MAX money impact by a long shot.
    The Knicks were losing games on the offensive end, not on defense. Our defense has been one of our assets. Chandler's defense is even enough to offset the ineptitude of Amare on that end. Not only is his production unwavering, he also has been our most vocal leader. He has instilled an environment of defense.

He isn't as useless on offense as you described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, and he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    full blown fight next game clipper game.. I really expect it.
    That will be exciting to watch too..JR, Paul and Martin suspended, book it!

The Knicks were losing games on the offensive end, not on defense. Our defense has been one of our assets. Chandler's defense is even enough to offset the ineptitude of Amare on that end. Not only is his production unwavering, he also has been our most vocal leader. He has instilled an environment of defense.

He isn't as useless on offense as you described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, and he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws.
    Wrong thread guys, back on topic.

He isn't as useless on offense as youand he is a damn good finisher on the pnr with his length and ability to hit free throws described him to be. He has been utilized in more pick-and-rolls than Amare, .
    Good finisher, averaging 10-10, one block a game. This is all exactly conforming to my opinion before the season.

Where is the proof that Chandler turned NYK into a good defensive team? They are pretty much middle of the pack or lower across the defensive statsheet.

Let's face it, Chandler isn't providing much impact. The latest surge has been all Lin, the terrible performance of before was with Chandler playing as well as his is now. You do understand what non-impact means right?

Decent college freshman

i know d'antoni's system is known as a freelance system, but it is kind of disciplined in a way. j.r. would either be a wing whose only role was to take spot-up jumpers or drive if there was an open lane or he would play some pick and roll as the point guard.

I think that would be good for him. clippers play total random ball. his bad habits could come out very easily. even chris paul at times plays stupidly. it's not his fault. there is no structure whatsoever to how they play. I think it would be bad for him to further his reputation of being a stupid chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    i know d'antoni's system is known as a freelance system, but it is kind of disciplined in a way. j.r. would either be a wing whose only role was to take spot-up jumpers or drive if there was an open lane or he would play some pick and roll as the point guard.

I think that would be good for him. clippers play total random ball. his bad habits could come out very easily. even chris paul at times plays stupidly. it's not his fault. there is no structure whatsoever to how they play. I think it would be bad for him to further his reputation of being a stupid chucker.
    I would disagree with this. I don't think JR's full potential would be utilised on the knicks team, he needs an unstructured, chaotic, free running team, no better team to fit his strengths than the clippers IMO.
    Last edited by poido123; 02-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

I still don't get why the NBA didn't allow the Lakers to try to get CP3 but now the Clippers end up super stacked and that's ok?!?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I would agree with this. I don't think JR's full potential would be utilised on the knicks team, he needs an unstructured, chaotic, free running team, no better team to fit his strengths than the clippers IMO.
    totally disagree. clippers are an even worse version of the nuggets random ball. that's how you end up with jr running around the perimeter chucking threes and taking stupid shots from the mid range.

for a guy with his reputation, I think a bit of structure could go a long way. he wants a nice contract. showing that he can play with a brain will help.

Good finisher, averaging 10-10, one block a game. This is all exactly conforming to my opinion before the season.

Where is the proof that Chandler turned NYK into a good defensive team? They are pretty much middle of the pack or lower across the defensive statsheet.

Let's face it, Chandler isn't providing much impact. The latest surge has been all Lin, the terrible performance of before was with Chandler playing as well as his is now. You do understand what non-impact means right?
    The Knicks were close to the worst defense in basketball last year and now they are middle of the pack with most of the same personnel. I'd call that a tremendous improvement. They just held the Lakers to under 90 points on 37%, with Chandler locking down Bynum to 1-8 FG.

Here's your post from early in December:
    Defensive anchor? That's cute.

The Mavericks defense was good due to the virtue of every single player hustling and busting his ass on that end. Tyson Chandler has never been a good defender on any team he played on other than last season. Where the hell was Tyson Chandler when the Bobcats or the Hornets needed a defensive anchor? I remember Chandler getting outplayed by his teammate Nazr Mohamed every game. And this was the exact same Tyson Chandler he is today.
    But most of what you said does seem pretty reasonable. That he isn't much of a shotblocker. He is mostly a role player. That outside of Dallas, he has never been a defensive anchor. I just think that his anchor quality carried over to NY.

Decent playground baller v1ncelis's Avatar

Do not want. Fields and Shump are playing just fine.
    Last edited by v1ncelis; 02-16-2012 at 06:38 AM.

totally disagree. clippers are an even worse version of the nuggets random ball. that's how you end up with jr running around the perimeter chucking threes and taking stupid shots from the mid range.

for a guy with his reputation, I think a bit of structure could go a long way. he wants a nice contract. showing that he can play with a brain will help.
    Ill disagree again. Smith playing alongside an elite point guard and a team that exemplifies his strengths, I cant see how thats not the best fit for him. Smith needs a soft handed coach to allow him to play his game and free reign in the open court, its as simple as that. Time will tell and we have to wait and see.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Clippers have been a top 3 offense all year long overall and top 10 all year long when it comes to assists. You don't get those things with "random ball". The thing the Clippers specialize in is utilizing their strengths offensively. Pick and roll, fastbreaks and outside shooting. If Jr joins the Knicks do you honestly think he's going to get touches with the way Melo and Amare hold the ball?

Butler and Chauncey are both at 15 ppg for the Clippers this year. Mo Williams is at 14 ppg. That's while playing with two superstars in Griffin and CP3. Jr is NOT going to get the touches, nor have the offensive opportunities in NY that he will for the Clippers.

You can't compare an extremely balanced offense that loves to share the ball with an offense that is known for lack of ball movement and isolation plays.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Clippers have been a top 3 offense all year long overall and top 10 all year long when it comes to assists. You don't get those things with "random ball". The thing the Clippers specialize in is utilizing their strengths offensively. Pick and roll, fastbreaks and outside shooting. If Jr joins the Knicks do you honestly think he's going to get touches with the way Melo and Amare hold the ball?

Butler and Chauncey are both at 15 ppg for the Clippers this year. Mo Williams is at 14 ppg. That's while playing with two superstars in Griffin and CP3. Jr is NOT going to get the touches, nor have the offensive opportunities in NY that he will for the Clippers.

You can't compare an extremely balanced offense that loves to share the ball with an offense that is known for lack of ball movement and isolation plays.
    You clearly haven't watched the last 7 games the Knicks have played.

They went from 8th worst to 8th best defense so far.