Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Am I the only person who would favor the Lakers over the Spurs in 1/8 match up?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    No you and other Laker Fans as well as Laker Hype Job nUM 1 BIASED ESPN

but everybody else spurs win,theyve won 50 so far,have num1 seed in west,Duncans play has improved from last year,tiago is producing more,kawhi stepped up,and an improved tp along with a better bench and healthy roster come playoff time spurs would win,

Lakers dont have a single advantage over the spurs,not one along with spurs having great 3 pt shooting and that being a weakness for la along with a quick pg a hevy weakness and most obvious along with a great frontcourt,perimeter defenders,speed its over
    Tony Parker will come back rusty, if you've ever played organized basketball which I'm sure you haven't being a fat nerd like the majority of the board you would probably understand that. They'll see TP out until the playoffs and he'll need about 5 games to get back into the "groove" of things.

Lakers match up better with the Spurs then they do OKC.

Default Re: Am I the only person who would favor the Lakers over the Spurs in 1/8 match up?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers knock out Spurs. Not that I think they are the favorites but it's certainly very possible to happen.

On the other hand I would be pretty surprised if they knock out OKC.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I think it would be a very fun series to watch, especially if both teams are healthy. Tony Parker is going destroy us.
    Not really.....his damage is accounted for. The Spurs bigs are going to struggle, specially Duncan and the other Spur bigs. You shut those down with Gasol, Clark, and Dwight and bye bye Spurs in a series. We all know Gino and the rest are not gonna do much. Not with Metta and Kobe taking turns....

Lakers for sure unless Pop outcoaches Mike 200%.

OKC is another story. We have no answer to Kevin (Clark and Metta - lol) nor Westbrook (The Steves + Kobe part time) + they have two bigs that can, at times, slow the production of our bigs. it all depends on how good the Lakers team defense gets from now to the playoffs. They are definitely beatable - executing is another story.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 03-16-2013 at 07:16 AM.

I rule the local playground

Ain't no way Pringles taking on Pop......
    Spurs should be the team that high school and college teams should study tapes of...fundamental basketball at its best...

Spurs get beat by a younger, more athletic team, which Lakers are clearly not.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Spurs get beat by a younger, more athletic team, which Lakers are clearly not.
    The Lakers can't beat the Spurs and neither can D'Antoni. Kobe is capable of beating the Spurs, but he needs to get into a zone and stay there for a series. He did it a few times against the Spurs though, so it's not unfathomable.

Local High School Star

no your not. kobe has single handly destroyed every spurs playoff team he has faced. nothing is gonna change that.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Tony Parker will come back rusty
    He's already running and shooting. He'll be back a lot sooner than estimated and have about a month of playing time before the playoffs start. Rusty?

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Not really.....his damage is accounted for. The Spurs bigs are going to struggle, specially Duncan and the other Spur bigs. You shut those down with Gasol, Clark, and Dwight and bye bye Spurs in a series. We all know Gino and the rest are not gonna do much. Not with Metta and Kobe taking turns....

Lakers for sure unless Pop outcoaches Mike 200%.

OKC is another story. We have no answer to Kevin (Clark and Metta - lol) nor Westbrook (The Steves + Kobe part time) + they have two bigs that can, at times, slow the production of our bigs. it all depends on how good the Lakers team defense gets from now to the playoffs. They are definitely beatable - executing is another story.
    You Lakers fans are a funny, delusional bunch.

Remind me of Jazz fans last year who thought they were going to kill the Spurs with their front court and youth. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    no your not. kobe has single handly destroyed every spurs playoff team he has faced. nothing is gonna change that.
    He's done what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

Kid, we made Kobe lose his mind and go to Colorado. Did you forget that?

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I'd take the Spurs in 6, maybe 7. Tough series. The Lakers have size and Kobe to give San Antonio problems.

The spurs depth wont mean shit when rotations shorten to eight or so players, their formula isnt going to mean shit. I've got the Lakers in 6. All this talk about Parker, but no one is asking what SAS is going to do against Gasol, Kobe and Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Spurs in 5, absolute best case scenario for the Lakers would be losing in 6.
    probably the same clown who thought the spurs were going to the championship the past 3 or 4 seasons LOL. Get ready for another disappointing run.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    If the playoffs started today the Lakers would have to play the Spurs in a 1/8 match up. The Lakers match up much better against the Spurs then they do the Thunder. I actually favor the Lakers over the Spurs in the playoffs. Who else feels the Lakers can beat the Spurs?
    i do too

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    The spurs depth wont mean shit when rotations shorten to eight or so players, their formula isnt going to mean shit. I've got the Lakers in 6. All this talk about Parker, but no one is asking what SAS is going to do against Gasol, Kobe and Howard.
    So much stupidity on this board, reminds me of why I don't frequent here as often any more.

Duncan/Splitter is more than capable of handling Howard/Gasol. You obviously haven't been watching the Spurs this year and Splitter's development in particular. Even at his age, there's no way Howard's punk @$$ outplays Duncan in a 7 game series. I actually want to see this series real bad so we can all see Timmy sh*t all over that f*ggot.

Kawhi Leonard and Cap'n Jack are more than capable of making things difficult for Kobe. More so than the Lakers pathetic defense is in regards to Manu and TP. Those two will take turns shredding LA's "defense" forcing Kobe to have to take turns guarding them, wearing him out even more and making Leonard and Jackson's jobs easier. Plus the Spurs shooters will kill them as well.

Like others have stated, speed/quickness and athleticism is what is needed to beat SA, something the Lakers have none of. Spurs in 4-5 tops. Plus we're forgetting the Spurs biggest advantage: Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>D'Antoni

Spurs vs OKC in the WCF again.