Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

Raptors in 5. It should be a good learning experience for the Bucks regardless of the outcome.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

ABC/ESPN/TNT want the least amount of Raptors games as possible.

Bucks in 6.

Raptors in 5.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

Raptors in 6 probably, my home team, will vote for them.

Giannis doesn't have bunch of playoff experience tho.

Raptors in 6

bucks in 6

While the Raptors have the homecourt advantage, they've lost in the first round twice in the last three seasons, and were a few possessions away from choking away a third one. Lowry and DeRozan must shoot more efficiently, because the best player in this series is Giannis Antetokoumpo. But the Bucks are missing a halfcourt maestro in Jabari Parker, plus Khris Middleton has run out of gas lately, whereas the Raptors have reloaded with Ibaka, Tucker, a healthy Carroll, etcetera.
    Toronto in 6

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I got Raps in 5. Middleton was awesome in March but the fatigue caught up to him in April, he's just not 100% physically this year. With top form Middleton and Jabari we might've been able to push them to 6-7 tight games but as of now they just have so many more weapons. Looking down that Raptors roster the depth of talent is on a totally different level. Even after Lowry/Derozan they have Ibaka, Valanciunas, Tucker, Carroll, Patterson, Joseph, Powell, etc. God damn.
    Pretty much this. I have Raptors in 5 but it could very well be 6 depending how things play out. But it's just a lot to ask of the Bucks to beat the Raptors. I think it goes 5 with a lot of close hard fought games but I will guarantee Lowry and Derozan play better and more consistently this year. Derozan is coming off his best year ever and Lowry as well. They were good before but Ibaka and Tucker give them a totally different look. I also think JV will have a good series as well and show his value.

Even with Parker there was a pretty big gap overall in talent and playoff experience, which again is why without him I don't know why people would expect the Bucks to win. This will be a good learning experience for them though and I expect pretty big things from them next year but this will be a chance to get their feet wet.

raps in 5

i think milwaukee sucks but giannis is so good that he wins one game by himself

i beileve that giannis/middleton could give derozan some problems, but brodgon/delly will have nothing for lowry, and ibaka/jv should just feast on that weak bucks frontcourt

Raptors are stacked. Raps in 5.

Playoffs JV is easily an all-star. Even with Lowry and DeRozan stinking it up for the most part last year, they still made it to ecf. Now there is Ibaka to rely on as well.

[QUOTE=Naero]I wanted the OP to succinctly and objectively overview the match-up; therefore, I'll make my predictory post here: Bucks in 6.

The Raptors always seem to have been the most upsettable HCA-seeded team ever since they've been on that echelon; they lost in the first round with in two of the past-three years, and they were a few possessions away from doing so last year. I'm really not convinced that they have overcome their playoffs demons, either, considering how close-to-elmination they were against the Heat and the fact that outside of the two token wins they had against the Cavaliers, it wasn't even a competition by half-time in any of the other games.

Even if Lowry and DeRozan finally eclipse the 40%-shooting mark for a playoffs run, it wouldn't change the fact that best player by far in this series is donning a Bucks jersey

This playoff series =

Craptors in 5

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Raptors are stacked. Raps in 5.

Playoffs JV is easily an all-star. Even with Lowry and DeRozan stinking it up for the most part last year, they still made it to ecf. Now there is Ibaka to rely on as well.

Agreed but we never win game 1, hopefully that changes

Derozan vs Giannis ..superstar duel

Will DeFrozan and Lowry finally have a playoff series in which they shoot higher than 40 percent?