Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: 3-on-3: Jordan, Magic, Bird vs Kobe, LeBron, Durant

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I'm sorry, but LeBron, Jordan and Kobe are the only elite defenders. Both Magic and Bird aren't doing shit on D. Especially if they can't at least use physical defense.
    I agree. Bird's a good help/team defender so in a 5 on 5 I would trust his efforts. But help/team defense isn't as impactful in a 3 on 3 setting. Way too much spacing to sag off especially since he'd be guarding Durant.

3 on 3 I'd like to go legends but the 00's could possibly take it. Throw in equal role players in a full court game, I easily role with the legends.

Saw a basketball once koolkid09's Avatar

3 on 3... I got Kobe, Lebron, and Durant.

It all comes down to Durant and Birds match up. Both are great 3 point shooters. But I have Durant at an advantage because of height and speed.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Kobe would crush Magic in a 1 on 1 game... but in this match up Durant would be the weakest link and that is why they end up losing.
    how durant jumper is automatic like mj

Kobe, LeBron and Durant.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

ya'll boys talk like ya'll never played 3 on 3 in your life.

elite level 3 on 3 is usually never depend on 1 on 1 play. a team which moves the ball flawlessly will win. you gotta keep cutting, rotating, and create spaces for each other. and communication is more important than on ball defending. and who can do that better than magic, bird, and MJ?

no doubt Magic and his playmaking ability will shine here. bron is a great playmaker, but magic is on a whole newe planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    ya'll boys talk like ya'll never played 3 on 3 in your life.

elite level 3 on 3 is usually never depend on 1 on 1 play. a team which moves the ball flawlessly will win. you gotta keep cutting, rotating, and create spaces for each other. and communication is more important than on ball defending. and who can do that better than magic, bird, and MJ?

no doubt Magic and his playmaking ability will shine here. bron is a great playmaker, but magic is on a whole newe planet.
    You mean just like in 5 on 5? You don't say. But obviously taking 4 players off the floor, iso situations become more inevitable as spacing becomes wider. In case you don't know, NBA courts are huge. MJ at least he can handle his own against Kobe. Can't say the same for Magic and Bird.

Banned

Durant is the weak link, dude can't handle the ball on these legends' level. Replace him with Deron Williams and we're in biz.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    how durant jumper is automatic like mj
    He's easily the worst player of the six. Assuming Bird would be guarding him, that would be the biggest weakness. Bird is a better shooter, rebounder, and defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    You mean just like in 5 on 5. Obviously taking 4 players off the floor, iso situations become more inevitable. In case you don't know, NBA courts are huge. MJ at least he can handle his own against Kobe. Can't say the same for Magic and Bird.
    3 on 3 is usually played in the playground or ghetto Y which usually is smaller than normal nba court. and no, nba court isn't huge for these guys.

3 on 3 is totally different than 5 on 5 playing half court. 3 on 3 is more free flowing, more passing involved from my playing experience. if i had to put my money, a better passing & post up team will win.

if it turns out to be a 1 on 1 ISO game, MJ will simply take over the game.
    Last edited by Linspired; 07-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.

I changed my mind several times on this and had to really think about it.......but Kobe, Lebron & Durant win it in 5 to 7 because of athleticism with all else being comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I changed my mind several times on this and had to really think about it.......but Kobe, Lebron & Durant win it in 5 to 7 because of athleticism with all else being comparable.

this game will be played at an incredibly high level, so most likely no team will have an easy win. but if they play 10 times, i gotta say the legends will beat them 7 out of 10 times. just better ball movement, smarter team, and they have the best scorer in MJ.

passing - legends

shooting - legends by hair

athleticism - young guns

rebounding - wash (throw out NBA stats for this, there is no clear advantage here)

teamwork - legends

stamina - young guns by hair

size - young guns by hair

As already mentioned, give me the team with MICHAEL JORDAN.

Secondly, give me the team with 3 playmakers (Durant's passing sucks and Kobe isn't particularly great either).

I like hearing how Durant's length and speed is going to bother Larry Bird. Right. He's Larry ****in' Bird. They didn't have long defenders and good athletes in the 80s and early 90s?

Third, I'd take MJ, Magic, and Bird over Lebron, Kobe, and Durant on the glass.

Of course, this is just like, my opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    3 on 3 is usually played in the playground or ghetto Y which usually is smaller than normal nba court. and no, nba court isn't huge for these guys.

3 on 3 is totally different than 5 on 5 playing half court. 3 on 3 is more free flowing, more passing involved from my playing experience. if i had to put my money, a better passing & post up team will win.

if it turns out to be a 1 on 1 ISO game, MJ will simply take over the game.
    Most people play 3 on 3 on courts at parks because most people are not NBA players. 3 on 3 games with NBA players will most likely be played at a facility with regulation sized courts. Three pointers on a playground is like free throws for these guys. Playing on a middle school sized court wouldn't make any sense.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

So Kobe and Jordan kill each other after 2 to 3 points so they negate each other.
    Lebron wins against anybody his size in a 1 on 1 game so that

[QUOTE=Vienceslav]So Kobe and Jordan kill each other after 2 to 3 points so they negate each other.
    Lebron wins against anybody his size in a 1 on 1 game so that