Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Lakers & Magic Begin trade talks for Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=241475&page=7

Would have thought your fanbase would have learned its lesson by now.

What am I supposed to be crying about? Extrapolate, if you would.
    "Basketball reasons"....

You would think haters have learned by now....

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Lakers are building another dynasty. Somebody get this guy a tissue...

Nets are going to use up their cap room because they aren't waiting on howard. That pretty much restricts his leverage because he's not signing for less than max money, which very few attractive locations will have next year.

He's going to the Lakers, people need to get over it. Orlando wants Bynum, does not want lopez. It's always been like that.

Magic could have had Lopez and half the universe from the Nets last year. I'd be surprised if now a more expensive Lopez and a fraction in terms of picks of what the nets have would get him. Especially with the Nets clearly moving on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    "Basketball reasons"....

You would think haters have learned by now....

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Lakers are building another dynasty. Somebody get this guy a tissue...
    You need to work on your trolling, my friend. Your attempts are falling flat, unfortunately.

Bookmarked for future giggles.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Nets are going to use up their cap room because they aren't waiting on howard. That pretty much restricts his leverage because he's not signing for less than max money, which very few attractive locations will have next year.

He's going to the Lakers, people need to get over it. Orlando wants Bynum, does not want lopez. It's always been like that.
    Yup. Deron is NOT coming to LA. And the Lakers will most likely trade Pau for pieces with Wolves & Rockets.

About damn time

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Yup. Deron is NOT coming to LA. And the Lakers will most likely trade Pau for pieces with Wolves & Rockets.
    I wouldnt count it out. if the lakers can dangle gasol for cp3 last year (but we still had odom) maybe they can make something work with a 3-team trade this year. Having howard on the Lakers is definitely attractive to Deron too

Howard in LA won't make any difference. They still need a lot more pieces and that won't happen with Kobe, Gasol and Howard eating up the whole cap space.

LA should keep Bynum, trade Gasol and hope for something good in return. Maybe Gasol + trade exception for Scola and Martin.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Magic could have had Lopez and half the universe from the Nets last year. I'd be surprised if now a more expensive Lopez and a fraction in terms of picks of what the nets have would get him. Especially with the Nets clearly moving on.
    You've been saying this for a year and it still hasn't happened. If he wanted to be a Laker, he'd be a Laker already.

He will never wear a Lakers jersey. Book it. He preferred to stay in Orlando than go to the Lakers.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I wouldnt count it out. if the lakers can dangle gasol for cp3 last year (but we still had odom) maybe they can make something work with a 3-team trade this year. Having howard on the Lakers is definitely attractive to Deron too
    Too many mouths to feed with Deron/Kobe/Dwight

I would want us to trade Gasol for pieces (Lowry,Lamb,Beasley (sign & trade)

Banned

Dwight doesn't want to be Laker AND Kupchak/Jim Buss doesn't want to part with Bynum.

These threads are useless. Lakers fans want to dream big but it's not like D12 is going to be better than BOTH Bynum and Gasol combined. They have more issues to take care of than just the big men spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You've been saying this for a year and it still hasn't happened. If he wanted to be a Laker, he'd be a Laker already.

He will never wear a Lakers jersey. Book it. He preferred to stay in Orlando than go to the Lakers.
    Avi bet? 1week only, bragging rights. I get lakers, you all other.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Bynum is the best the Magic can get. Second best big man in the game next to Dwight, young, and he's hungry to prove he can be a 1st option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Howard in LA won't make any difference. They still need a lot more pieces and that won't happen with Kobe, Gasol and Howard eating up the whole cap space.

LA should keep Bynum, trade Gasol and hope for something good in return. Maybe Gasol + trade exception for Scola and Martin.
    it's a start. gotta remember bynum's shtty attitude during the play-offs. say what u want about dwight but he is 100x more reliable than bynum.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Exactly. Dwight Howard wants to go to Brooklyn so badly that he has contacted the league to disqualify his ETO so that he can be a FA right now. He hasn't contacted the league because he wants the Lakers, or prefers staying with the Magic. His mind is on one team only. When somebody is that desperate to go to a team, they find a way. Howard is doing everything possible to end up in Brooklyn.

There is no way Dwight will ever accept a role with the Lakers. I can envision a lackluster performance if dealt to the Lakers, purposely. Rob Hennigan is aware that Howard wants the Nets too. The Nets are also currently working on a 3 team trade that will obtain them Dwight Howard. I would advise the Nets to wait a bit so that the league can choose if they will accept or deny Howard his wish to shred his ETO papers.

I believe that this hoopla needs to end right now and teams need to stop holding Dwight Howard hostage. He wants Brooklyn. Send him there so the Dwightmare can end.

NBA sixth man of the year

If it's a 1-year rental, stupid deal for the Lakers. The only Howard trade I would make is if he signs for at least 2 years and Lakers only give up Bynum/Blake/Eyenga, NO PICKS since supposedly Orlando was going to accept Bynum/Blake/Ebanks for Howard last season.