Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Melo: Lebron took my family from me

Carmelo Anthony was asked if he misses playing with J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert as the New York Knicks prepare to play the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Knicks traded Smith and Shumpert to the Cavaliers last January.

"I would love to play against my brothers," said Anthony. "It seems like LeBron took all my family from me."
    this loser!

College star

Default Re: Melo: Lebron took my family from me

His family left him because he handicapped the franchise with his salary

He could always join them.

he has a losers mentality, which is why he lost his friends.

I rule the local playground

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    His family left him because he handicapped the franchise with his salary
    If his contract is holding the team back it's their own fault for giving it to him. Anyway they didn't have to deal Shumpert and Smith they chose to. Whether they made the right decision or not remains to be seen but it shouldn't be blamed on Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If his contract is holding the team back it's their own fault for giving it to him. Anyway they didn't have to deal Shumpert and Smith they chose to. Whether they made the right decision or not remains to be seen but it shouldn't be blamed on Anthony.
    I think Melo can be partially blamed. If he was a better teammate and a winner, the team probably would have stayed intact

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    I think Melo can be partially blamed. If he was a better teammate and a winner, the team probably would have stayed intact
    Then everyone can be blamed, because if Melo isn't a winner than neither is anyone else on his team, he's not out there losing alone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Getting JR Smith out of NY was the best thing the Knicks ever did for themselves and for JR. He was out drinking and snorting coke with Rihanna before playoff games when that scene was available to him.

Then everyone can be blamed, because if Melo isn't a winner than neither is anyone else on his team, he's not out there losing alone.
    Yeah but he's supposed to be a franchise player, they are held to a higher standard

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Yeah but he's supposed to be a franchise player, they are held to a higher standard
    His teammates are also paid professionals and also have a responsibility to do their best to help the team win. I acknowledge that there are plenty of times I've thought Melo should be working harder defensively or being too much of a ballhog. But he had the same approach for years in Denver and his teams had winning records, and the year he had the Knicks in the second round he was basically the way he is now. There are very few players that take their team to the playoffs no matter who they play with. Anthony isn't one of them. That doesn't mean he should bear all blame when the team fails.

they left because lebron makes them better. Difference between a point god and a scorer.

Banned

His teammates are also paid professionals and also have a responsibility to do their best to help the team win. I acknowledge that there are plenty of times I've thought Melo should be working harder defensively or being too much of a ballhog. But he had the same approach for years in Denver and his teams had winning records, and the year he had the Knicks in the second round he was basically the way he is now. There are very few players that take their team to the playoffs no matter who they play with. Anthony isn't one of them. That doesn't mean he should bear all blame when the team fails.
    Good points, I think the problem is that NBA salaries aren't purely dependent on skill levels. They are hard to compare because other players take pay cuts, free agency hits right when multiple teams need a certain type of player, small market over pays to keep someone, team over pays to try and keep a core together etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    they left because lebron makes them better. Difference between a point god and a scorer.
    They left because they were traded. Facts do matter.

I rule the local playground

fat, fake, game straight outta the 90s and a cap killer. he's the hero Gotham deserves