Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Steven A. just flat out called Lin a liar (for not playing at 85%)

On national TV, ESPN (First Take).

This was what Steven A Smith accused Lin of lying about.

"Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin said. "And I had arguments with them about why I should." Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz215Ro1wr6

Smith doesn't believe the veterans told Lin to not play at 85%.

Has he ever made slanderous remarks about a black player before? This is beyond calling somebody a scrub. Dude is slandering somebody's character. How can you say he doesn't have any racial hostility towards Lin?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Steven A. just flat out called Lin a liar (for not playing at 85%)

Its only slander if it isnt true. I know that Smith knows players on the Knicks. Knows people who know players.

Who am I to say what the people he know said to him?

He would know better than I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Its only slander if it isnt true. I know that Smith knows players on the Knicks. Knows people who know players.

exactly my sentiments.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

SAS is a loudmouth moron who has made a living being a bombastic idiot. Good for him.

AK47DR91

Oh, yeah. It's really hard to believe that $20 million per year veterans persuade a kid who just stole their spotlight to sit out the playoffs.

What?! I thought the media reaction was all positive

"if JR Smith did this, they'd hang him"

SAS =

I would not go to Steven A for his Lin perspective. He's (cough) not really a fan of his (cough cough hater cough).

Lin's explanation though recently was retarded though, no? I WAS 15% AWAY FROM THE ABILITY TO PLAY.

At the time i didn't care though, right now i don't care though. I just hate his bullshit spin now, he did not play because we were done and he didnt want to risk injury.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

He openly said he didn't have any backup on his statement when Skip asked him if he knows anything.

Steven A backed off on his statement and said lying is too harsh so he said there has to be some fabrication to Lin's comments.

Still slanderous remarks. My question hasn't been answered. Has he ever made these kind of statement about any other players before? And yes, this is nothing like calling somebody a scrub. This is an attack on somebody's character.
    Last edited by AK47DR91; 07-19-2012 at 12:47 PM.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I would not go to Steven A for his Lin perspective. He's (cough) not really a fan of his (cough cough hater cough).

Lin's explanation though recently was retarded though, no? I WAS 15% AWAY FROM THE ABILITY TO PLAY.

At the time i didn't care though, right now i don't care though. I just hate his bullshit spin now, he did not play because we were done and he didnt want to risk injury.
    15% away from ability to play = 85% healthy...is that not?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    He openly said he didn't have any backup on his statement when Skip asked him if he knows anything.

Steven A backed off on his statement and said lying is too harsh so he there has to be some fabrication to Lin's comments.

Still though. My question hasn't been answered. Has he ever made these kind of statement about any other players before? And yes, this is nothing like calling somebody a scrub. This is an attack on somebody's character.
    He doesn't like a lot of players, he has. He is always like this, he hates on teams, etc. he does not like. He is a star groupie though. Loves Lebron, etc. all the big NBA core guys. If you are anti core guy, he hates you. Lin not only got attention and is not a star, but Melo got panned because of it.

This is nothing, Steven A spent literally hours hating on Lin during Linsanity. He'd talk about Penn State and jump back to a point to remind you all that Lin was overrated. On and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    15% away from ability to play = 85% healthy...is that not?
    Let me again point out i didnt need him to play, we were done, etc.

But if this is your team, and its playoffs, and Kevin Martin says IM 85% RIGHT NOW, you say - great go in and play. That doesn't sound like you are unable to play and are giving the % toward being able. Do we need to take everything Lin said and spun it good?

Lin said yesterday that Dolan told him not to play, every single Knick starter, plus his quote was misrepresnted. It's spin. I don't blame him and i didn't criticize him for not playing but jesus christ, do i have to believe it?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    SAS is a loudmouth moron who has made a living being a bombastic idiot. Good for him.
    ESPN has murdered the art of journalism, encased it in concrete and lead weights and plunged it into the deepest ocean trench. They hire loud mouthed buffoon after buffoon....they don't care about facts or reality.

To me, i only like Steven A in small chunks when he is reporting actual news. When he is allowed to give his spin, he is just horrible. It's opinion, he hates hard on certain players, sucks up to others, and makes no bones about it. And he does not like Lin. He basically implies he is garbage.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He doesn't like a lot of players, he has. He is always like this, he hates on teams, etc. he does not like. He is a star groupie though. Loves Lebron, etc. all the big NBA core guys. If you are anti core guy, he hates you. Lin not only got attention and is not a star, but Melo got panned because of it.

This is nothing, Steven A spent literally hours hating on Lin during Linsanity. He'd talk about Penn State and jump back to a point to remind you all that Lin was overrated. On and on and on.
    Yeah, I know he has publicly bashed Lin's hype and playing ability. But I always heard him said good things about Lin as a person.

Now he's going overboard and making a personal attack that's not basketball related. If his true colors haven't already came, it just came out 30 minutes ago. What a piece of a shit of a human being!

Newspapers get sued for slander. People get fired for that shit.