Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
TMagic_01
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TMagic_01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Do Not Sleep On The Rockets This Year!!!

The Rockets are going to be the same team this year.

They have filled the holes that they had at the point and the power forward which were trouble spots for the Rockets.

They have added talent with Francis, James, and Luis Scola who is considered the best player outside of the NBA, a back to back Euro League MVP, and MVP of this years Fiba tournament scoring over 20 points in both of his meetings against the US. Not to mention Bonzi will be more of a factor this year because he is EXCITED to play for his old coach Adelman. This makes the Rockets a much deeper team. Plus, there is a high chance of getting another player through a trade because of having so many guards.

They got rid of Van Gundy, and now have Rick Adelman. Rick is an amazing offensive coach. He would have had a few championships if it wasnt for Shaq, Kobe, and the Lakers. Van Gundy was a horrible offensive coach and it was way too hard for the Rockets to score. Rick Adelmans offense will get players easier buckets. Not to mention the fact that they will be playing more uptempo like the rest of the Western Conference which always allows for easier buckets.

Yao Ming and Luis Scola will be great in Rick Adelmans offense. They will make great passes to the cutters and Rick will allow Scola AND Yao to step outside the paint and shoot the 10-15 foot jumper because BOTH men are capable of this. If you watched Scola in the Fiba Americas, you can see how effective he was in the high screen and roll. He would set the pick for the ball handler and be left open after he released, and he would knock that shot down time after time. Expect to see this happen with the Rockets as well. Adelman also said that he will use Yao outside of the paint, which is great as it makes the Rockets and Yao that much harder to defend.

Tracy McGrady will have a more productive season this year. He wont have to expend energy by always having to have the ball in his hands. Rick Adelman will set him up and get him in spots that will make him the most effective and get him easy points. He can be the finisher now with James and Francis as the playmakers who can and will set him up and make things easier for him. Playing more uptempo will allow for easier points for T-Mac. Especially since they will be getting out on the break more often. He will be more motivated this year with all the additions and taking an early exit from the playoffs last season. T-Mac will reemerge as one of the NBA's elite and the Rockets WILL GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND THIS SEASON. I guarantee it!

The Rockets 07-08 Line up:

Pg- James
Sg- T-Mac
Sf- Battier
Pf- Scola
C- Yao

6- Francis
7- Wells
8- Head
9- Mutombo
10- Hayes
11- Brooks (Amazing Talent. Might even be higher in the depth chart this year)

Watch out for the Rockets.
TMagic_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Do Not Sleep On The Rockets This Year!!!

I think Steve Francis will start over Mike James.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

If anything, I suspect the Rockets will be overrated this year. Houston and Boston are the two teams whose bandwagons will need extra reinforcement in December or January.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
If anything, I suspect the Rockets will be overrated this year. Houston and Boston are the two teams whose bandwagons will need extra reinforcement in December or January.

I don't think Houston is too overrated. However, the Celtics' bandwagon may have more members than it can support. The nails may pop out of that thing, the wood support may split.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Were is alston and snyder are they out of the rotation?

Last edited by despurs : 09-22-2007 at 09:53 PM.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
TMagic_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
were is alston and snyder are they out of the rotation?

I just posted who will see the most action this year. Snyder will play sparadically and get time if somebody gets injured. Alston will not be seeing much action with Mike James, Steve Francis, and the protege Aaron Brooks in front of him. Especially not with all the trouble he's getting in.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dont worry, their lame fans at the toyota will do enough sleeping for all of us
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I think Steve Francis will start over Mike James.
He will have to prove himself in training camp first.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)

True, but I think Francis will prove himself, he seems really determined ever since going back to Houston. I personally think he's going to get the start over James. It comes ultimately down to talent, and Francis has more of it.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The main forum has become god awful.

ya, let's forget about one of the 5 best teams in the West who happens to have two legit MVP caliber players.

I'll try my best not to forget them....*******.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

somebody forgetting Lurther Head? this dude's the next big thing... i think he'll be the 6th man if the Rockets decide to go small

PG-Mike James
SG-Steve Francis
SF-Tracy McGrady
PF-Shane Battier
CT-Yao Ming
6M-Lurther Head
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #12
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

That would be the case if Mike James was an all-star caliber player, I haven't heard his name since the Raptor days.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #13
TMagic_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
somebody forgetting Lurther Head? this dude's the next big thing... i think he'll be the 6th man if the Rockets decide to go small

PG-Mike James
SG-Steve Francis
SF-Tracy McGrady
PF-Shane Battier
CT-Yao Ming
6M-Lurther Head

I have lots of love for luther. I dont know bout the next big thing yet. I think Aaron Brooks fits that category. But Head could be, he scored 22, 26, and 21 in games that he started last year. He even had a 30 pt game, OFF THE BENCH. So he definately has the ability.

But I hear that he would be a valuable trade asset because of this and his low price. This makes him very valuable. Hope they don't, but it is a strong possibility. Especially if they can get something nice in return.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: