Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Scrubbard about to be exposed again

Lakers fans going to be more unbearable than usual this year. Something tells me their denial will continue, even when it becomes obvious to everyone else that Dwight is back to his Orlando form.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

that picture is so old, people act like that was prime DPOY dwight

Exposed as the best center in the NBA when healthy. Sounds about right.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Dwight a HOFer??!? Wtf is wrong with some of you?

Carried to the finals and exposed badly... Superman dunk (lol)
    Apart from that he hasn't achieved anything. In a league with no centers of course he'll grab a few boards. What about his amazing arsenal of offensive moves, running hook (brick), open dunk, fumble, turnover
    Yeah greatest center in the game.
    Carried to the finals? Let me guess, it was Hedo and Rashard that carried him there, right? Dwight averaged 26 and 14 in that Cavs series and was far and away the best player on the Magic in that series when they beat LeBron and a 66 win Cavs team. Do people just make crap up as they go along? I swear, Turk and Rashard's performances get more and more fictional in terms of their impact on that team as the years go by.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Dwight a HOFer??!? Wtf is wrong with some of you?
    Dwight is so sure to make the HOF id bet my life on it and sleep easy.

Hes like a 5 time all nba first teamer. Off the top of my head....the only guys to make it even once in the last 30 years who have been retired long enough and are not in the HOF are Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, and maybe Gus Johnson. Sprewell. Forgot him.

Dwight made as many as all 5 of them combined.

Paul Westphal and Gus Williams are the only players in history to lead a finals team have been retired long enough to make the HOF and not be in it. And some would say Dennis Johnson led the Sonics which would remove them from the list since hes in.

Hes led the league in rebounding 5 times. Nobody has done it twice, been retired 5 years, and isnt currently in.

Hes been a 20/13 player.

Know how many of them have failed to make the HOF in the last 60 years?

Truck robinson, Zelmo Beaty, and Spencer Haywood. And spencer is coming off that list eventually.

And Dwight did 4 times in 5 seasons.

Dwight is a 7 time all star. Know how many people have played in 7 all star games...have been retired long enough...and arent in the Hall?

And you have never heard of him. He came out in 1950 and was the guy who hit the game winner in the 19-18 game that forced the creation of the shot clock because his team stalled to beat George Mikan.

Dwight Howard is more likely to make the HOF than you are to wake up tomorrow.

You will probably wake up.

Dwight Howard is going to the HOF unless he goes on a killing spree at the home of a guy who turns out to also be his steriod connect....

And he better do it soon. If he does it 10 years after he retires it will be too late and he will be the black mark on the Hall like OJ Simpson.

If you take a moment to look at who is already in and think Dwight Howard will fail to make the HOF without a major scandal keeping him out Pete Rose style you are just a ****ing idiot.

Dwight Howard has accomplished about as much as Dave Bing, Pistol Pete, and Bob Lanier combined, won more than most already in the hall, and hes the age a lot of them just began to come into their primes.

He might play 10 more years.

His resume is gonna wipe the floor with Patrick Ewings one day.

He isnt better at basketball. But nobody has ever seen me say he was. It really isnt the issue.

Dwight is less skilled....but has had a better career than a huge number of people already considered legends.

Hes doing something very very right. He just has a gang of mad laker fans acting like hes garbage because him being anything else reflects poorly on Kobe in the eyes of many.

But thats pretty....whatever. Kobe doesnt need any help with his legacy at this point. It speaks for itself for the most part.

As does Dwights. Kobe and Dwight will be side by side in the same HOF for all time.

It may bug some. Doesnt bug me. Bill Russell and Chris Mullin are in the same HOF.

Being different levels doesnt mean they both dont belong. One is just more of a no brainer.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.

I dont seem to recall Nick Young calling Dwight a scrub and talking about his 2009 performance when the Lakers just got him. In fact it was just the opposite.

Why people like this are still allowed on the forums is beyond me.

Dunking on everybody in the park

The couple of Laker fans that bash Dwight on here do not represent the majority of the Laker fan base

I would have loved to keep Dwight, but if he decided to move on then I am going to move on too. While he was frustrating as hell, easily exposed, and had severe weaknesses, he did a couple of things so well that made him such an important championship piece.

it's gonna suck watching Kaman and Gasol defend the rim this year

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Laker/Kobe fans sure are bitter about the past. Get Dwight out of your head, he's in your head. Stop hating on him, he's not on your team anymore. Get him out of your dome.
    You have a picture of a man you dislike for your avatar. Don't talk to him about getting another man out of his head, when you obviously can't stop thinking about Kobe, lol.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I heard one of those NBA analyst call Dwight Howard one of the greatest centers ever.. . Had Dwight even played just in the 90's he would not be a top 5 center in the league.

Blame it on the back injury if you want, but Dwight is a complete shit player ever since he got traded. And its not gonna change because of James Harden or Chandler ****ing Parsons.

If other mods weren't posting in this thread I would of deleted this crap

Local High School Star

All this hate from the Kobetards or Laker homers is on par with the type of hate you'd get from batshit insane psycho ex girlfriends. Not much a surprise since Dwight's departure guarantees Kobe never wins another title unless it's as a way past his prime coattailer.

Local High School Star

There's no reason to expect Howard to become a tin man shadow of his former self at this point of his career. Prior to his injury, he was the most durable big since Mailman. I dislike him for being a whiny diva in his last season in Orlando, but that doesn't mean I hope he sucks balls the rest of his career. I just hope he never wins a title.

Complete Player

I find it very amusing that last year angry Orlando Magic fans were getting sh** on by hopeful Laker fans for ripping Dwight on his limitations. And now Magic fans have been vindicated while angry Laker fans are in the same boat as Magic fans last year and are getting sh** on by hopeful Rockets fans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    If other mods weren't posting in this thread I would of deleted this crap

m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ you should lighten up