Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default The reason Jason Collins hasn't been signed...

High School Starter

Default Re: The reason Jason Collins hasn't been signed...

He is not signed because he sucks.

pause...

I am your soldier!

I didn't read that, but there's no such thing as bad publicity if you're a shit team like the Raptors, Suns, Bobcats, etc.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

good enough to make which teams? even before he came out, people were wondering how the hell he kept ending up on rosters the last few years

it's funny that he's been trying to use homophobia as the reason he's not getting signed and it now it looks like him coming out when he did was in part to earn one last payday

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I didn't read that, but there's no such thing as bad publicity if you're a shit team like the Raptors, Suns, Bobcats, etc.
    If you are a shitty team, you don't need a 3rd string center at the end of his career. If you are a good team, you may not want a player to say something offensive that draws media attention and team drama.

Banned

They weren't going to sign him before so why would they sign him now? To not seem homophobic?

Dude is a scrub always has been, don't know why he has his thongs up in a bunch.

3-time NBA All-Star

They obviously have a better perspective then I do, but I'm leaning towards it just being an initial blast, not something they'll be asked about all the time. If he was a star player and/or getting alot of minutes, maybe they'd be right, but he's going to be a scrub sitting at the end of every bench. I don't see the media paying constant attention to someone so irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    good enough to make which teams? even before he came out, people were wondering how the hell he kept ending up on rosters the last few years

it's funny that he's been trying to use homophobia as the reason he's not getting signed and it now it looks like him coming out when he did was in part to earn one last payday
    Has he himself said that is the reason he is not being signed? Your post seems pretty accusatory of him. Do you think he should have stayed in the closet?

He's just not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They obviously have a better perspective then I do, but I'm leaning towards it just being an initial blast, not something they'll be asked about all the time. If he was a star player and/or getting alot of minutes, maybe they'd be right, but he's going to be a scrub sitting at the end of every bench. I don't see the media paying constant attention to someone so irrelevant.
    I think it would be an initial blast too, but it seems these GMs fear that it could be more and don't want to risk it. I think that is the point here, is that he is now viewed as a risk. Before, he was low risk, low reward. Now he is high risk, low reward.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    He's just not that good.
    Everybody knows that. The question is, even though he is not that good, is he good enough to make a roster, and if so, what aspect of him being gay is preventing him from making a squad. Is it really homophobia? Or is it the risk of drama? These GMs seem to think the latter is the reason.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Miami will pick him up for the low as they do all washed up scrubs who no one else wants.

6/6 player in his prime getting 32 minutes a game. And that was 9 years ago. He's 35 now and what use he had as a role player is pretty much gone by now.
    Last edited by MP.Trey; 10-23-2013 at 04:09 PM.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He should sign to a Euro-League team where he can play with players of his own kind.

Scrubs

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Has he himself said that is the reason he is not being signed? Your post seems pretty accusatory of him. Do you think he should have stayed in the closet?
    yeah, he implied it recently

the timing seems convenient; on the tail end of his nba career trying to earn a contract