Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where is Hakeem on your all-time best list?

The best center I've ever seen to play the game. No weaknesses - could adapt to any defense, play any offense, flourish at either man to man or off the ball defense, and destroy elite centers.

Top 5 of alltime (of players I've seen since 1990).

Historically probably bottom half of top 10, but that matters little.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Unfortunately that, DPOY and spg/bpg didnt exist during all of these guys eras, so i didnt include that..... FMVP didnt exist aswell during most of Oscars era, but its not like he was gona recieve it anyways.... cant remove that... are you ok with it?

POTW? lol... thats only a weekly "honor", POTM however is for a month and you get a hardware/trophy, those that recieve the most POTM in a season also win the MVP... so i would say its more prestigious/meaningful than a All-Star MVP (which i didnt include either)

PS: Dont worry, i know why you asked that...
    You finally realized this Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You finally realized this Impressive.
    I always realised this... the thread long time ago when i did include everything (FMVP/DPOY/SPG/BPG and yes POTM) i didnt care about the difference of eras... i just simply wanted to include all & any NBA HARDWARE/STATS the players actually had at their disposal, which i thought was the right thing to do..... but later on i had to remove most of that due to complaints from the likes of you, who were mostly complaining about POTM.... which is perfectly fine by me...

Now to avoid those annoying complaints i dont include any of it (DPOY, SPG, BPG and yes POTM)..... FMVP would be then also technically the same thing to remove if you would compare someone of the modern era to Russell and so on.... but i dont care, you can complain about FMVP... aint gona remove that from the comparisons... :P

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    5. Magic Johnson
    6. Larry Bird
    7. Shaquille O'Neal
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon

These era differences sucks... :/ Im sure most of you maybe know Bill Russell would be the undisputed GOAT if FMVP/DPOY did exist? He would have hypothetically up to 10 FMVP/DPOY.... i mean, its a guarantee he would had them if they did exist, he was the best player in his 11 championships and was the best defensive player in most of his years...

11 rings
    11 fmvps
    10 dpoys
    5 mvps

Jordan who?
    Last edited by pauk; 02-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Borderline top 5 player to me. Only post-Jordan player I've seen who may have been as good/better was Shaq, and Lebron is on the verge of entering that category to me. But Hakeem was ridiculously good from '93-'95. He pretty much had as much impact on a game during that time as you could.

Don't really have an exact number, but... from what I've seen, Hakeem's ranking is varied. I've seen people list him as high as Top 2-5 and as low as Top 13-15 range. I think I've seen it written how he got a boost in ranking after he retired into the Top 10, before that he was in the Top 15 range.

So Top 10-15 range, sounds about right to me. I could see Top 5, but I think he's lacking overall accomplishments. As a player, it's far more different though and could be more understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Absolutely!!

No way that Snaq belongs ahead of Hakeem. No possible way.

Their on-the-court accomplishment are very close, but Hakeem was simply a superior player.

Notice that every big man who needs to learn better post moves works with Hakeem. Is anyone asking for tips from Snaq?
    @ no possible way, as if it's a fact. I've seen enough people in this thread rank Shaq over Hakeem.

National High School Star

Haven't really thought about it. He was my favorite center of the '90s, but that shouldn't have anything to do with all-time rankings.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

#8 all time. #4 center

NBA rookie of the year

1. Jordan
    2. Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Magic
    4. Olajuwon
    5. Shaq
    6. Bird
    7. Russell
    8. Wilt

Hakeem between 93-96 is the best player I've ever seen behind MJ, the full package and while being an amazing defensive player he was just as amazing on the offensive end.

1.) Jordan 2.) Kareem 3.) Wilt 4.) Bird 5.) Shaq 6.) Magic 7.)Russell 8.) Kobe 9.)Duncan 10.)Hakeem.

It's time for everyone to gather and say they think Hakeem was a better player than Shaq.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    These era differences sucks... :/ Im sure most of you maybe know Bill Russell would be the undisputed GOAT if FMVP/DPOY did exist? He would have hypothetically up to 10 FMVP/DPOY.... i mean, its a guarantee he would had them if they did exist, he was the best player in his 11 championships and was the best defensive player in most of his years...

11 rings
    11 fmvps
    10 dpoys
    5 mvps

Jordan who?
    I know this has been said before to you (I think), but Russell would not have 11 Finals MVP's. It's not possible, because Jerry West got in in 69, Russell's Final season. 10 is the absolute max.

If you want an attempted take on DPOY's and Finals MVP's before they existed, here are the threads:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=190992

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=157369

Quote Originally Posted by dyna
    1) Jordan
    2) Kareem
    3) Wilt
    4) Russell
    5) Bird
    6) Magic
    7) Shaq
    8) Hakeem
    9) Duncan
    10) Kobe
    Close thread.

LeBron is pushing #10 right now. Another ship LeBronzy pushes Kobe out.

I would rank him top 5 all time and def better than Shaq. It's pretty subjective when comparing players that good though.