Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Default Re: Is Dirk Nowitzki Underrated??

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I believe dirk is a great player. But I stop short at calling his run last year legendary. You sell him short too when you act as if what he did was so shocking. Maybe you don't belive dirk is good enough to lead teams to greatness.

Regardless of what you feel, the mavs championship run wasn't legendary. And there's nothing you've said that changes that. Now allow me to ask you,

did the mavs beat a trailblazer team without their best player in brandon roy?

Did they beat a laker team that didn't have it? Who were a jekly and hyde team throughout the whole season, then had to go the distance against an injury riddled hornets team? That had no business even being in the playoffs? And before you answer imma do you a favor, im setting you up in that the minute you reply that the lakers were the champs and had the better record, imma go back to the year the dirk led 1st seeded mavs lost to the 8th seeded warriors and your assumpttion that the warriors were better than their record indicated. The lakers weren't nearly as good as their record or past history. Phil jackson had all but checked out, and there was turmoil in the locker room. The lakers weren't reasy to defend their title.

Did they beat a young thunder team?

Then in the finals, did dirk have a great series? 23 ppg on 42% shooting. Or did he just hit some big shots? While terry, marion, jose juan, and kidd did the legwork.
    So much BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Wasn't legendary?

No other all star or all nba player. Huge underdogs in two series without HCA. Beat a team in the finals people were calling so good its unfair.

Dirk was amazing. The most clutch playoff run of this era and up there in terms of clutchness all time with the likes of Larry and MJ.

Dirk had one of the best playoff games ever with his 48 against the Thunder on the best efficiency ever.

I'll ask you the same question:

Please name a team with a harder road to the title. There won't be many.

And stop acting like the Mavs didn't have anything to do with those teams not playing well. You can't separate the teams like they don't impact each other.

The Heat tore through the East and were picked by literally everyone. "So good its unfair"...heard that time and time again. 2 of the 5 best players in the game.

Look who the Mavs went through:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Durant, Westbrook, Pau, Kobe, Aldridge.....

What is that? 8 of the 25 best players in the league? 4 of the top 7 players?
    What was so hard about their run that makes it legendary? Or better yet what was so out of the norm? To be honest, no championship run is easy. And the mavs run was no different. They obviously beat some formidable teams. But what wa so legendary? The mavs as a whole were extremely hot in that lakers series you love to tout. And again the lakers barely got passed the hornets. Now if they would've swept the hornets in dominant fashion then walked into the dallas series comming off that sweep you might have a valid point. But that wasn't the case.

And when they beat miami, dirk was subpar from an alltime great standpoint.

Which brings me back to my questions which you conveniently ignored. Let's simplify it. Were the lakers as good when they faced dallas as a typical 2 time champ?

Did dirk have a sub par championship shooting 43% and avg 23 pts?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

No. He averaged 26ppg. Your argument is invalid, moron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

What was so hard about their run that makes it legendary? Or better yet what was so out of the norm? To be honest, no championship run is easy. And the mavs run was no different. They obviously beat some formidable teams. But what wa so legendary? The mavs as a whole were extremely hot in that lakers series you love to tout. And again the lakers barely got passed the hornets. Now if they would've swept the hornets in dominant fashion then walked into the dallas series comming off that sweep you might have a valid point. But that wasn't the case.

And when they beat miami, dirk was subpar from an alltime great standpoint.

Which brings me back to my questions which you conveniently ignored. Let's simplify it. Were the lakers as good when they faced dallas as a typical 2 time champ?

How would we ever know what the Lakers were? The Mavs destroyed them in 4 after the Lakers crumbled in crunch time of the first 3 games. Were they typical? Who knows....did the Mavs not have anything to do with making them like bad? Remember when the Celtics went to 7 in the first 2 round in 08....LOL

What about Miami? Were they just not that good? I guess it had nothing to do with the Mavs.

Its so easy to just come up with all these BS excuses why the Mavs won and why Dirk wasn't legendary....

What was legendary about Dirk? Did you watch the 4th qtrs? Did you watch his 48 point game? Did you watch him countless huge plays and start comebacks each series?

Again....name a tougher road to the title that you can remember recently. I'll be waiting for that very short list.

Not airballing my layups anymore

i think dirk was good in the finals...
    his last game was pretty bad. i cant denie that , but at least he showed up in the fourth quarter like he always did.

and even if he needs no excuses...he was injured (finger...ok whateva) and ill,watch wade and lebron making fun about him^^

out of the norm? another franchise is going to win the finals with really tough teams on their way and in the end against the evil MIAMI HEAT! lol;) really entertaining.
    come on...this was an entertaining playoff year, wasnt it? cant remember a better playoff season in the last couple years...pretty boring, watchin same teams over and over again.
    btw. thunder had a breakout year,memphis showed up. i was surprised by some results.

and its not all about the lakers. dallas tried to win every single game against the "champs", they knew if they would loose a game, they could ve lost their momentum. psychological aspect....ask lebron.

anyway, this one was one of the most entertaining playoff runs ive watched.
    just watch OKC vs Dal...some really big shots from dirk, sometimes i couldnt believe it.