Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Is the Clippers "BINGO" the most annoying thing in all of basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by shallehalle
    1) Celtics
    2) Bulls
    3) Blazers

am i missing some other homer announcers?
    Celtics and Bulls are so bad that it's funny sometimes.

Default Re: Is the Clippers "BINGO" the most annoying thing in all of basketball?

A lot of announcers sound like they are just announcing because they are getting paid to do it. Lawler actually sounds authentic and has a lot of enthusiasm.

Very good NBA starter

The bingo thing is pretty cheesy. Could you imagine this dude announcing Jordan's final shot and saying BINGO! It sounds like your grandpa announcing, but to be fair I guess the dude is from an older generation.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Eh, strangely enough, some of my favorite announcers are the dudes that do the Knicks, Clippers, and Lakers games.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Other than the homer ass ATL,Chi local announcers, I absolutely hated cleveland's when lebron was there. L TRAIN this! L TRAIN that!

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

What!? I've always liked that color commentator for the clippers. Obviously he roots for the clippers to win. But from what ive seen he's relatively not as biased analyzing calls or non-calls which is a good thing for the general audience.

Admit it, his lines are catchy and if the Clippers are losing right now you wouldnt mind it as much, if at all. This is straight up hating by association.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I actually agree with OP. I don't understand why Lawler is so idolized among commentators. I find him extremely annoying to listen to.

Why so butt-hurt b!tch?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Other than the homer ass ATL,Chi local announcers, I absolutely hated cleveland's when lebron was there. L TRAIN this! L TRAIN that!
    Thunder, Cavs, Celtics and Bulls have the worst homer broadcast teams in the NBA IMO. I had to mute games last year when watching streams because of it. At least Ralph and Mike will complement opposing teams and players as easily as they will clown on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    agreed esp about that second part. he still goes nuts whenever varejao scores. if you're going to include homer announcers, spurs have to be way up there. sean elliot thinks spurs commit no fouls every game

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

I hope you guys know that Ralph Lawler is the greatest color commentator since Chick Hearn. The people hating on Lawler have no respect at all.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Not NBA but the White Sox "put it on the board, yes!" is the worst in sports. Overall worst color comentator is either Dominique Wilkins or Malik Rose.