Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

I actually thought kobe could be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.
    But really this series loss would destroy any comparison.
    Of course he's one of the greatest but really probably only a top 50 player at this point. Why does kobe always have to play so ****ty in the finals.
    Game 2 Kobe was the kobe we should of seen this whole series.
    Kobe needs to go back to an 05-06, 07-08 kobe to win this thing.
    Pau plays like ****, and odom sucks balls Kobe needs to just carry this team and go for 50+ every game from here on out.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

I'm thinking the Lakers get beat by 20 on Sunday. Phil and Kobe get ejected. Classic way to end it all.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    ahaha what a great night..i was so pissed when we wereo down 24..then Pierce and Garnett went bananas..great defense..I LOVE POWE...I LOVE THIS TEAM..IM DRUNK..3-1 SERIES LEAD..F ALL THE EXPERTS WHO DOUbTED THIS TEAM ALL YEAR LONG...WHAT NOW iDIOTS
    You're a bandwagon fan, don't come in here and talk your **** bud.
    With that out of the way, congratulation on a great come back. If you win the championship, much praises will come from me. You are a terrific team, and are obviously much better then when you played Cleveland or Atlanta.

Historic comeback, lets see if you guys can close the deal.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misconceptn
    I actually thought kobe could be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.
    But really this series loss would destroy any comparison.
    Of course he's one of the greatest but really probably only a top 50 player at this point. Why does kobe always have to play so ****ty in the finals.
    Game 2 Kobe was the kobe we should of seen this whole series.
    Kobe needs to go back to an 05-06, 07-08 kobe to win this thing.
    Pau plays like ****, and odom sucks balls Kobe needs to just carry this team and go for 50+ every game from here on out.
    He is just a role player, very soft.

I don't know why Kobe stop passing like he did in the first half...and the rest of the teams dissappeared again.

I'm pissed and mad at first...

Now, I'm also sad for Kobe.

Congratz to Celtics.

Root Of All Evil

Totally emberassing. Series is done, man.

People are so quick to overreact
    we all know Kobe is a great great player
    the best player over the last few years
    why do people make so much of a fuss about him can we just be rational when it comes to kobe.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

damn damn damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i knewwwwwwwwwwww the Celtics was going to win this game i just had that gut feeling. Rosecity07 i told u if Boston win both of the first games at home then they will win it all versus the Lakers. I feel better about this lose than game 2 lose bcuz the refs called it more even, but we didnt deserve to win. Kobe is an idiot, he should of forced his way to the rim instead of trying to jump shoot all the damn time. the Celtic defense wasnt allowing anything late in the game, Like i said the biggest treat on the Celtics to me is Ray Allen. This lose was all on Kobe and Phil. I agree with everyone Phil Jackson is overrated. Doc monkey@$$ is outcoaching him. oh and Celtic bench>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laker bench

THIS SERIES IS OVER

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

A very LAZY performance by Kobe today. Partially a result of how well his teammates played for much of the first 3 qtrs(Kobe relaxed), but THE reason behind his only good game of the season(Game 3) in 6 meetings against Boston this year was that he worked harder to NOT take bad shots than I've ever seen in my life. He realized that that's what it takes. Today he just went back to playing a normal game, and there's simply no way you can get away playing like that against Boston. I said this at the end of Game 3 itself, Kobe will have to continue working his @ss off like no tomorrow to have another good game. Sadly, outside of desperation time, he wasn't willing to put in the work at all today.

As far as Boston goes; they are so far ahead of every team in the league when they're clicking offensively it's not even funny. I'm just glad since the ECF they keep giving us reasons for WHY they were so clearly the best team in the league during the regular season. Defensively they're unmatched, offensively at home they're among the top teams in the league and when their offense shows up on the road, they beat the crap out of you. That's why they'll soon be champions.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 06-13-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    I can't seem to find Kobe's statistics for game 4 of the NBA Finals. Can a Kobe/Laker fan, please inform me.

Thanks.
    Kobe

17pts 4rbs 10ast 4stl 2 TO on 6/19 shooting

his play didnt really seem that bad until the closin minutes

Default Re: NBA Finals, Celtics vs. Lakers, Game 5, Sunday

Celtics win the series in 5 or 6, that's guaranteed...

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    I can't seem to find Kobe's statistics for game 4 of the NBA Finals. Can a Kobe/Laker fan, please inform me.

Thanks.
    Here it goes

McCants is Available!!

Default Re: NBA Finals, Celtics vs. Lakers, Game 5, Sunday

Hell we should just start House and Posey and let Rondo and Perk sit. Hopefully we can close this game out.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    The Celtics didn't upset the Lakers. They are the best team in the league. The Lakers lost a game that they were expected to lose by anyone with a brain. When the Lakers win a game, that's called an upset... not when the Celtics win. I don't care where the game is played.
    IF the best team is a team that struggles to get out of the first few rounds, the league is in really bad shape...... Wait, yep, it sure is.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Misconceptn
    Kobe

17pts 4rbs 10ast 4stl 2 TO on 6/19 shooting

his play didnt really seem that bad until the closin minutes
    he was off all night, some coaches say it's "finding his spots" or "saving his energy" but not in the finals, you play your ass off, otherwise you GTFO

kobe is underachieving for what he is supposed to do and for what he wants to be considered to be. he's having golden opportunity again and again to come through and either the lakers as a team cannot get the ball to him or he fails to hit the big shots

i think the jordan comparisons ended tonight, for good