Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Check out Akrazotile/Starface/etc blades of freedom Twitter...

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight

single blade is beasty if you got the skillz. not like a bic but a real razor. However, ain't nobody got time to shave like that every day. Esp around my chin area, that shit is a mine field with a safety razor.

5 blade is ok. 3 is ok, too. Most feel like they are pulling out your hairs opposed to cutting them though, which sucks. And of course ya get some razor bumps. Overall, it's arite. I'm actually trying some new cheapie-ish walmart shit atm.

https://www.harrys.com/en/us/products/harrys-blades

shit is decent considering it's half price of that mach/fusion shit. Can't complain. Seems a little more cheaply made than the others, but for the price there's no real difference.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    I dont remember this convo, but that could be because it’s literally gibberish It sounds like youre trying to project some business know it all image, but you literally just typed gibberish.

What youre also missing is that razors arent tshirts or coffee mugs. Theyre disposable and I use new ones every week. Ive been shaving with the surplus myself for pennies on the dollar and will continue to do so for years. While you pay retail price to strangers on a corporate board, who drive around in Bentley’s with women you jerk your two inches off to.

I think my way is a lil bit smarter, but hey... who really knows?
    but in this case they are. because your blades are being sold more as novelty items its not normal to purchase a novelty shirt twice or the same coffee mug twice. You dont get to tap into the market of hygiene products when youve branded a novelty brand onto it that has nothing to do with hygiene and that novelty brand is the only reason someone would consider buying it.....once.....maybe twice.

thats beside the point, even if each customer bought blades consistently for hygiene, you have purchased wayy too much inventory in expectations of selling the much volume for a higher profit margin, when you should have purchase a smaller volume and recieved a smaller profit margin per unit. Now what are the ramifications of your mistake? you have wasted 1200 dollars on an investment, even if you were to use up all of the razor blades yourself in 10 years, thats 1200 dollars locked up in 10 years when you could have used that 1200 dollars for another investment.

go look up the old thread, i told you about this and you brushed it off. i even explicitly said the boxes of razors would sit in your moms garage collecting dust for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    but in this case they are. because your blades are being sold more as novelty items its not normal to purchase a novelty shirt twice or the same coffee mug twice. You dont get to tap into the market of hygiene products when youve branded a novelty brand onto it that has nothing to do with hygiene and that novelty brand is the only reason someone would consider buying it.....once.....maybe twice.

thats beside the point, even if each customer bought blades consistently for hygiene, you have purchased wayy too much inventory in expectations of selling the much volume for a higher profit margin, when you should have purchase a smaller volume and recieved a smaller profit margin per unit. Now what are the ramifications of your mistake? you have wasted 1200 dollars on an investment, even if you were to use up all of the razor blades yourself in 10 years, thats 1200 dollars locked up in 10 years when you could have used that 1200 dollars for another investment.

go look up the old thread, i told you about this and you brushed it off. i even explicitly said the boxes of razors would sit in your moms garage collecting dust for decades.

Yyyyyikes! For a wannabe-business-guru, you are embarrassing yourself quite badly I must say.

Literally what you just said, the opposite is true. Razors are not like mugs or tshirts. For one thing, razors arent branded with any logo, so I can sell them under any pretext at any time for the next 50 years. I could sell them to raise money for nate jizzle’s pee pee extension surgery if thats something people want to support. The razors themselves are not visually connected to any particular cause.

Moreover, I myself am a shaver, and thus I use new razors every single week. Unlike reusing the same coffee mug for 5 years, I need to replenish my razor supply regularly. I never have to buy another razor for the rest of my life. This essentially mitigated the risk entirely. This was money I was already going to be spending for the next 30 years. Plus my friends and family do buy these things from me so I am making all my money back on them even if the business isnt blowing up publicly.

What youre suggesting was exactly what I did with the bumper stickers. The razors were a different situation entirely. I may not be a business genius, and I certainly dont claim myself to be - which is the whole concept of BoF, that it’s not about big business as usual, it’s about changing the culture - but I’m definitely more savvy than you in every possible aspect of life imaginable.

Do you understand that, little boy?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    single blade is beasty if you got the skillz. not like a bic but a real razor. However, ain't nobody got time to shave like that every day. Esp around my chin area, that shit is a mine field with a safety razor.

5 blade is ok. 3 is ok, too. Most feel like they are pulling out your hairs opposed to cutting them though, which sucks. And of course ya get some razor bumps. Overall, it's arite. I'm actually trying some new cheapie-ish walmart shit atm.

https://www.harrys.com/en/us/products/harrys-blades

shit is decent considering it's half price of that mach/fusion shit. Can't complain. Seems a little more cheaply made than the others, but for the price there's no real difference.

-Smak
    I hear ya.

Harry’s it looks like is owned by Edgewell Personal Care.

Edgewell Personal Care is an American consumer products company headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut.[2] The company was formed in 2015 following the corporate split of Energizer Holdings.[3] Edgewell Personal Care was formed by the renaming of Energizer Holdings; Energizer's battery business was then spun-off as Energizer Household Products and then renamed Energizer Holdings.[4]

Edgewell Personal Care Company
    Edgewell Personal Care logo.png
    Type
    Public
    Traded as
    NYSE: EPC
    S&P 400 Component
    Industry
    Personal care
    Founded
    July 1, 2015
    Headquarters
    Shelton, Connecticut, United States
    Key people
    Rod R. Little, President and CEO

John C. Hunter, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors

Daniel J. Sullivan, CFO

Colin Hutchison, COO

Marisa Iasenza, CLO

I dont know anything about these people, but Im sure some of the millionaires on the corporate board backed Hillary and are backing Biden. Others might have backed Trump, who knows. Maybe others side with neocons like Paul Ryan. But I hate not knowing the values of people Im giving my money to on a regular basis. Theres a good chance theyre literally using my money against me behind the scenes.

What I do know is public companies have one and only concern, which is profiteering. Theyre legally required to make decisions in the fiduciary interest of their shareholders. Even at the expense of greater society.

I hate supporting businesses like that if I can help it, bc theyre driving all the PC-pandering, all the establishment lobbying etc. Most people dont really pay too much attention to that stuff or understand how it’s connected. It’s easier just to see things through a surface lens and do what the crowd does. Thats just never really been my style tho.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 09-26-2019 at 09:46 AM.