Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default If Jordan never rested...how many rings would he win?

If MJ never "retired", or how I like to say rested his body because he wasn't mentally strong to play through the grueling season. How many rings would he have won?

I believe mj would win a total of 3 rings max. If he played through his years, his averages would drop and his body would have broken down.

Jordan in his career rested his body twice and that is a competitive advantage and helped him through his career when players are playing he is rehanging his body. He wasn't very durable.

Imagine if all the all time greats could do this...
    Last edited by TheLogo; 09-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Clippers ALL DAY

Default Re: If Jordan never rested...how many rings would he win?

Your logic is stupid, but again you're just a troll.

Instead of looking at it that way(which is beyond stupid) look at it his way : He took 93-94 and most of 94-95 off and he still managed to win 6 rings. If Jordan never took those years off, Bulls would probably won in 93-94 and 94-95 as well.

So he would end up with 8 rings.

Banned

If he had to go through the wear and tear of those seasons I would say anywhere from 5-7 rings. A lot of those 2nd three peat series were close

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GS1905
    Your logic is stupid, but again you're just a troll.

Instead of looking at it that way(which is beyond stupid) look at it his way : He took 93-94 and most of 94-95 off and he still managed to win 6 rings. If Jordan never took those years off, Bulls would probably won in 93-94 and 94-95 as well.

So he would end up with 8 rings.
    I believe he would be too tired to even make it past the 2nd round.

You have to remember that he rested his body and was able to come back and play at 40.

3 rings max because while teams were beating the crap out of each other he was rehabbing and playing golf.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    If he had to go through the wear and tear of those seasons I would say anywhere from 5-7 rings. A lot of those 2nd three peat series were close
    They were close but high mileage mj wouldn't be able to carry his team like he did when he came back fresh.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    If MJ never "retired", or how I like to say rested his body because he wasn't mentally strong to play through the grueling season. How many rings would he have won?

I believe mj would win a total of 3 rings max. If he played through his years, his averages would drop and his body would have broken down.

Jordan in his career rested his body twice and that is a competitive advantage and helped him through his career when players are playing he is rehanging his body. He wasn't very durable.

Imagine if all the all time greats could do this...
    Probably killed his own father as well to justify resting his body.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Logo thanks for being the only source of humor lately on ISH. I seriously get a kick out of your threads. What's more funny is that people try to actually argue and debate about something you're clearly doing to get a rise out of people. Good stuff.

Banned

A perfect example of this would be Kobe, I hate to bring him up but imagine if Kobe could take years off to rest.

He would be beasting that much more with the proper rest. Jordan, like Kobe, played deep into the playoffs and that cuts down your off season.

I can see winning in 91,92,93, and 94. They'd have burnt out in 1995, maybe losing to a young Magic squad. And then maybe rebounded in 1996 and 1997 when they get Rodman. Don't think they'd have won in 98. Of course this all depends on how much Jordan's game would have been impacted by playing all the way through as opposed to taking a break.

A perfect example of this would be Kobe, I hate to bring him up but imagine if Kobe could take years off to rest.

He would be beasting that much more with the proper rest. Jordan, like Kobe, played deep into the playoffs and that cuts down your off season.
    If there's no season this year, you may get to see this. Kobe may come back at 34 in a year and be better than the past season...

Clippers ALL DAY

I believe he would be too tired to even make it past the 2nd round.

You have to remember that he rested his body and was able to come back and play at 40.

3 rings max because while teams were beating the crap out of each other he was rehabbing and playing golf.
    Give it up. He could've come back and play after the 2nd 3peat but he didn't because Pippen decided not to play for the Bulls. Jordan already had 6 rings by then and accomplished everything. He was also 34 at that time so he decided to retire.

For his first retirement it doesn't have anything to do with "resting his body". If you look at it he retired after that 3peat. He already had 3 rings, finals MVP, regular season MVPs, scoring titles, etc. He retired because his dad was murdered earlier that year and it was his father's dream to see him play professional baseball. That's why he retired and signed a deal with Chicago White Sox.

Read For the Love of the Game before you make idiotic ignorant threads.

Saw a basketball once

Made me lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I can see winning in 91,92,93, and 94. They'd have burnt out in 1995, maybe losing to a young Magic squad. And then maybe rebounded in 1996 and 1997 when they get Rodman. Don't think they'd have won in 98. Of course this all depends on how much Jordan's game would have been impacted by playing all the way through as opposed to taking a break.
    Good post.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the magic number is 3 Finals appearances before your body takes a toll on you. Look at the lakers who were eliminated early coming off 3 finals.

MJ really needed that break, more for his head than his body. But being the psychopath that he was, he could have just went crazy and kept winning all the way until 98, or win 3 out of the next 5 finals and still have 6.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    MJ really needed that break, more for his head than his body. But being the psychopath that he was, he could have just went crazy and kept winning all the way until 98, or win 3 out of the next 5 finals and still have 6.
    He may have but I doubt it.

He wasn't very mentally strong because he was so obsessed with winning and showing up his opponent. He could have been easily "u mad"....

The man definitely wouldn't have won any more than 3 rings.