Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vertical jump bible help?? has anyone done it??

ok basically ive just bought VJB and i need to gain as many inches as i can before the season..., ive never done any vertical programme before so im pretty much new to plyos etc, i do workout though (on upper and lower body).

Im 5.10 maybe 5.11 and i have a 30ish inch vertical. I can touch the rim most times i jump, off two feet or one, it doesnt really matter.

Im 17 and obv play guard lol my friend is 6 foot one and has a 40 inch vert and can dunk very well and its started annoyin me how he can dunk but i cant even though im height restricted.

My vert used to be around 20 inches but after doing backflips and gainers on the floor (if you dont know what they are then type in 'the beauty of tricking' on youtube) for about 3 months and i gained around 10 inches.

i want to know what workout programme(s) should i do for best results, and what are other peoples opinions on VJB and how much have others gained???

thanks x

Default Re: Vertical jump bible help?? has anyone done it??

i got vjb but havent tried it because of lack of time. but i really like the manual and how he explains things. the great thing is that you have to analyse your weaknesses and work on them with the use of different programs. its one (if not the) best vert jump manual out there.

do it.

yeye i will thanks...

i dont know what programme to do though...

im thinking i should do strength and plyos training on the same day so i was thinking tuesdays and fridays, but i want max results and fast, do you think i should do 3 days a week even though it says dont??? eg, Mon. Wed and Fri.?

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trickz_1
    yeye i will thanks...

i dont know what programme to do though...

im thinking i should do strength and plyos training on the same day so i was thinking tuesdays and fridays, but i want max results and fast, do you think i should do 3 days a week even though it says dont??? eg, Mon. Wed and Fri.?
    If it says don't then don't. If you do three days, you might end up straining yourself instead of helping your muscles get stronger. I think you should follow what Kelly says. Personally, I haven't done it either because of the same reason as the other guy. Good luck, though.

ok, il do it two days a week.

Do you know of any supplements that can help gaining vertical like protein shakes for body building?
    My friend works at gnc so i can get them on the cheap??

ok, il do it two days a week.

Do you know of any supplements that can help gaining vertical like protein shakes for body building?
    My friend works at gnc so i can get them on the cheap??

do what it says, dont push too hard. read the manual carefully; rest is very, very important. i know, i've experienced it before.
    eat healthy; vitamins etc. eat enough and drink enough. dont try to use weird stuff because the chance that it actually works is small. the effects if you get any sort of result is minimum.

the program works better if you eat properly and you rest your body enough. thats why he doesnt use any 'estimated increases'. it depends on yourself, your dedication.

so;
    eat healthy foods and drink enough
    rest your body, get enough sleep so your body can recover
    and give it your all during the drills.

i hope i could help you out here
    have fun with vjb, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Personally I would suggest the Jump manual, a program put together by a guy by the name of Jacob Hiller - if you Google either 'Jump Manual' or 'Jacob Hiller' you will get loads of results.

He has worked with loads of NBA, College and Olympic athletes, so it's the real deal - he seems like a really smart passionate guy and offers double your money back if you don't see the results you are after within 12 weeks following his program

Well worth a look if you want to learn how to jump higher

enjoy!
    This guy has some great videos on YouTube too. Look up "freejumptraining" and get ready to learn. I don't have his manual though.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I did the beginner one this past spring.
    It was good, it helped my vertical and it wasn't too strenuous (sp.?)
    Before I could get to maybe 9'8 and now i'm getting 9'11 and that was only on beginner.
    I'm only 5'7 so its alright.

Got any questions just let me know

hi. i just want to know regarding barbell squat. what is the best thing to do while doing squat. more repetition but less weights? or less repetition but more weights? i hope someone will entertain my question. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nc_one15
    hi. i just want to know regarding barbell squat. what is the best thing to do while doing squat. more repetition but less weights? or less repetition but more weights? i hope someone will entertain my question. thanks in advance.
    From what I've watched and studied, it's better to do less repetitions with more load. This will cause you to gain more explosiveness and strength in your leg muscles. More reps but with less weights will train you more for endurance, which is not a bad thing. It's just that your vertical gains in terms of explosiveness won't be as great.

Learning to shoot layups

ok basically ive just bought VJB and i need to gain as many inches as i can before the season..., ive never done any vertical programme before so im pretty much new to plyos etc, i do workout though (on upper and lower body).

Im 5.10 maybe 5.11 and i have a 30ish inch vertical. I can touch the rim most times i jump, off two feet or one, it doesnt really matter.

Im 17 and obv play guard lol my friend is 6 foot one and has a 40 inch vert and can dunk very well and its started annoyin me how he can dunk but i cant even though im height restricted.

My vert used to be around 20 inches but after doing backflips and gainers on the floor (if you dont know what they are then type in 'the beauty of tricking' on youtube) for about 3 months and i gained around 10 inches.

i want to know what workout programme(s) should i do for best results, and what are other peoples opinions on VJB and how much have others gained???

thanks x
    I haven't done it but I am starting it on sunday, one of my friends did the intermediate program and gained roughly 6-8 inches on his jump which is what has encouraged me to do it. You should definitely give this program a go and let us all know how it gets on, i will try and make a few posts on here of my own progress as well

Saw a basketball once

I just got finished with the 12 week novice strength training program and added 5 inches to my vertical (28 to 33). It's amazing how good my legs feel now after doing the program and it's nice being able to jump effctively off of two feet. Also I'm faster and I can jump up and block the big guys, which makes basketball a lot more fun.

My advice to the original poster would be to do the tests to figure out where your weaknesses are, then do the program associated with that weakness. It sounds like you've played a lot of basketball so you are probably good at plyometrics so the novice strength might be a good place to start. You could also do the novice plyometric program at the same time but if you are playing basketball 1 or 2 times a week then this would probably not be a good idea.

Just do exactly what the program says (no more no less) and you will definitely see some good gains. Don't get discouraged if you don't see gains during the program, wait until you are finished, get a good week of rest and you should be jumping out of the gym.

Has anyone else been doing these programs? I would like to know what kind of gains other people or getting, I'm onto the intermediate balanced program now so I'll come back and post my gains if anyone is interested.

Damn it! I haven't been able to start. 3rd year is tougher than 2nd year. I really hope I can start soon. I'm up to the last hole in the net before the rim on both running one-foot and two-foot gathers. Thanks for the testimonial, though. I feel hopeful.

National High School Star

Am I the only one thats curious about "Tricking"? That video was nuts. Are those karate guys or simply jumpers? And how do you do that stuff on your own? Got a special mat or just doing it on grass or what?

hi ballers guru out there. im doing right now the plyo exercise and barbell squat. do you think after 8 weeks (2 months) i will see the result to my vertical jump? im not saying 100 percent result. but im expect atleast there is a improvement? what do you think? by the way i train myself 3 times a week or sometime 2 times a week. is this enough to see a little improvement to my vert jump in 2 months?