Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Are We Really Going To Act Like LeBron Didn't Average 17 PPG In The Finals???

The supposed "Chosen One", best player in the league, reigning back-to-back MVP.. are we really going to ignore the fact that he averaged a miserable 17 ppg in the finals IN HIS PRIME???

For comparison's sake, let's look at how some other second options fared during their finals series':

'10-11 Jason Terry: 18.0 ppg
    '09-10 Pau Gasol: 18.6 ppg
    '08-09 Pau Gasol: 18.2 ppg
    '07-08 Ray Allen: 20.3 ppg
    '06-07 Tony Parker: 24.5 ppg
    '05-06 Jason Terry: 22.0 ppg
    '04-05 Manu Ginobili: 18.7 ppg
    '03-04 Richard Hamilton: 21.4 ppg

and the daggers,

'01-02 Kenyon Martin: 22.0 ppg
    '99-00 Jalen Rose: 23.0 ppg

None of these guys were even considered top 10 players in the league during their respective finals appearances.. hell, some of them weren't even the second best player on their team. Yet, they all managed to put up better scoring numbers than "King" James on the biggest stage?

The fact that people are still pegging this guy as the #1 player in the league is just asinine at this point. SMH.

Feel free to post averages of other scrubs who managed to put up better scoring numbers in the finals than LeBrick.

Default Re: Are We Really Going To Act Like LeBron Didn't Average 17 PPG In The Finals???

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    [IMG]http://troll.me/images/ronald-mcdonald-call/hello-*******-police-the-op-is-back.jpg[/IMG]
    I see LeBron has passed his failures onto his fans.

Default Re: Are We Really Going To Act Like LeBron Didn't Average 17 PPG In The Finals???

now, lets take a look at kobe's numbers from last years fina...
    oh wait...

. . . i feel like we have been over this before

Local High School Star

I still can't believe how epic his break down was.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Lebron had a bad finals by his standards, yes.

But to focus on the PPG only and pretend like that's all Lebron does is, well, being a Kobe fan.

Lebron has more dimensions to his game than every single name on that list and you know it deep down. Even during the finals he had a bunch of stunning, awe-inspiring passes, such as the semi no-look, sideswipe pass to Bosh for the game winner, and a full court outlet to Wade that had the announcers going "WOW".

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

Feel free to post averages of other scrubs who managed to put up better scoring numbers in the finals than LeBrick.
    Hey, I'm curious, what did Kobe average in the 2000 finals? can you check for me? My internet is kinda slow.

The better questions are:

"Are we really going to act like we have acted like Lebron didnt average 17 ppg in the Finals?"

"Are we really going to act like you didnt just give a bad reason in order to just take your annual jabs at Lebron again?"

Me and you both know Lebron's performance in the Finals has been talked about every single day on ISH, it has been brought up all the time, often in any random thread. To the point where i actually just lost interest on this forum for a while, its filled with Lebron bashing internet-heroes.

I dont mind having an articulate basketball discussion about the actual cause of his performance, what Mavs did to cause him to play like that, what he and Miami did to cause him to play like that, that would actually be interesting. But no, its all childish trolls throwing immature slurs one after another, like there is no explanation to a player playing a certain way, its only that he "choked" and is "mentally weak". Like, for example a player doesnt get blocked because he took a bad shot or because the defender made a fantastic defensive move, but because the offensive player choked and thats why he got blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    The better questions are:

"Are we really going to act like we have acted like Lebron didnt average 17 ppg in the Finals?"

"Are we really going to act like you didnt just give a bad reason in order to just take your annual jabs at Lebron again?"

Me and you both know Lebron's performance in the Finals has been talked about every single day on ISH, it has been brought up all the time, often in any random thread. To the point where i actually just lost interest on this forum for a while, its filled with Lebron bashing internet-heroes.

I dont mind having an articulate basketball discussion about the actual cause of his performance, what Mavs did to cause him to play like that, what he and Miami did to cause him to play like that, that would actually be interesting. But no, its all childish trolls throwing immature slurs one after another, like there is no explanation to a player playing a certain way, its only that he "choked" and is "mentally weak". Like, for example a player doesnt get blocked because he took a bad shot or because the defender made a fantastic defensive move, but because the offensive player choked and thats why he got blocked.
    this

so, why do you think that lebron played so far below his usual standards in the finals? i have my own ideas, but im not entirely sure why.

Local High School Star

Lets not pretend it was below his standard and say that he has a high standard and make it seem acceptable. Whatever standard that a top 2 player in ANY NBA team has, he was way below that.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    I still can't believe how epic his break down was.
    dont forget he choked even harder in his finals appearance before that.

dear ISH trolls,dear LeBron homers/haters,dear Kobe homers/haters please stop making 10 LeBron/Kobe or Kobe vs LeBron related threads per day

thank you

Are we really going to act like Lebron wasn't jacking up shots to the tune of 38% shooting blatantly freezing out his teammates because of his selfish need for a Finals MVP? Oh wait, that was Kobe.