Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome to Motor City, Reggie Jackson

^^ Yeah I love Carroll's game, I think he would bring some serious gritt to our team...

And I think 8 mill was more tha value for Middleton, with 4/40 mill looking like the figure to lure him away from the bucks. We shall see...

Decent college freshman

Regardless of all else, if we get Middleton for 10 I will be about as happy as I've been as a Pistons fan in a long time. Probably at least since we got Drumond at 9

NBA lottery pick

10 is about the max I'd be willing to go for. I think a team will offer him that for sure. That wouldn't be enough to make the Pistons a contender. They'd be a team at the bottom of the playoffs for years. That wouldn't make me a happy Pistons fan.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    10 is about the max I'd be willing to go for. I think a team will offer him that for sure. That wouldn't be enough to make the Pistons a contender. They'd be a team at the bottom of the playoffs for years. That wouldn't make me a happy Pistons fan.
    I think Jackson/Drummond/Middleton/whoever we draft at 8 can be a very nice core. I have faith in KCP/Meeks at the 2 too for that matter. Not to be stars, but to be better than last year and better than league average for the position as a tandem.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I think Jackson/Drummond/Middleton/whoever we draft at 8 can be a very nice core. I have faith in KCP/Meeks at the 2 too for that matter. Not to be stars, but to be better than last year and better than league average for the position as a tandem.
    Definitely not enough to win a title. Especially the back court.

I we sign Middleton (for sake of the argument) and we pick of a stanley johnson or Henzonja in the draft, then they are two very nice coplimentry pieces to our budding superstar, Dre, and our potential star, Jackson...

SVG knows what it takes, and no single sining / move is going to make us contenders over night. We are still a few years away but we are laying out a strong foundation to potentially be contenders in 3 years time when Dre is approaching his prime...

Always happy to surround the franchise player with solid two way pieces...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Definitely not enough to win a title. Especially the back court.
    I think its enough to be a core for a title team, if Jackson can keep up what he showed at the end of the year. I'm a believer in KCP/Meeks at the 2. not to be stars, but to play the necessary role. Depends who your draft pick is and how good they become too. Without a true superstar, I'm not sure it gets a ton better than that.

NBA lottery pick

John Wall & Bradley Beal aren't true contenders and that's a much better back court than Detroit has. If Jackson was really that next level guy I don't see why OKC would have traded him. I would think they wouldn't want to make another mistake like they did with Harden. While Reggie finished up great I still don't put him up there with the best PG's yet. Drummond would really need to step up on the offensive end. He'd have to be a go to 20 ppg guy who could actually hit a free throw. Outside of that we'd need to get really lucky in the draft.

Wall and Beal are 24 and 21 years old respectively, let's see how much they are crushing the league when they are 27 and 24 in 3 years time... Outside of perhaps Steph and Klay, there is no other backcourt I would rather build around in this league...

NBA lottery pick

And that's who Reggie and KCP have to beat....

Our team is obviously going to be structured a little difference with our franchise piece being a C, not a backcourt. But in 3 years time KCP could be one of the better 3 n D guards in the league and Reggie, well, we still are not sure what Reggie will become, but if it's anything like his past 15 games of last season then it could be a very solid backcourt to support our franchise chip. I think 3 years from now is a good amount of time to set up a run at the title for...