Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Do the 2000-02 Lakers 3peat replacing Kobe with any of the following players?

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    So could you explain how you'd like to do it with other players that didn't come out of high school?

Just say the sucked because they went to college?

Makes no sense. Again, Kobe's first 2 years don't matter. Nobody should nor does care about a guy starting 7 games in his first 2 years combined, wasn't good enough to make any real impact on playoff teams, and was on loaded 60 win teams essentially without him.

Randomly giving more credit there...while he also got valuable experience in the NBA...is absurd.

You go by years...that way Kobe picks up his edge on these guys later in his career where in year 15 he was elite...while a guy like Iverson was out of the league.

You look at careers and look at how many quality years they had overall. You don't penalize guys for going to college. That makes no ****ing sense!

Banned

Default Re: Do the 2000-02 Lakers 3peat replacing Kobe with any of the following players?

Idk what OP's trying to prove, heck replace kobe with the average ISH baller an lakers win 1-2rings. Kobe's 20 pts 40% shooting is easily replaceable

NBA lottery pick

Why are people trying to compare LeBron first option with roleplayers to Kobe second option with an all time great teammate? LeBron put up worse numbers as a second option than 4 year Kobe in the 2011 finals in his prime. If you want to compare LeBron to Kobe, do it when they were both first options or don't do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Just bold or say the one's that you feel could replace Kobe and help the Lakers 3peat. Or if you're really up for it, say how many titles you feel they'd win with each

VC-yeah
    Allen-possibly
    Durant-yes
    Iverson-yes
    Carmelo-yes
    Pierce-yes
    LeBron-posibly
    CP3-yes
    Kidd-yes
    Parker-possibly
    McGrady-YES
    Nash-yes
    Wade-yes
    Already made my choice.

Decent college freshman

If this is based on Age at the time then i can see them winning 2. 2000 would be Rookie Wade and Wade stepped up huge in the Playoffs but I don't see them Winning it all. They would win it all in 2001 & 2002 though.

If Wade's 4th Year('07) matched up with Kobe's('00) they don't win it this year. They lose in 2001 too. I think they potentially 3-peat from 2002-2004. 2002 would be 2009 Wade and I don't see how they lose at all this year. 2003 would 2010 Wade who lost his jumpshot in the Regular Season but killed the Celtics in the Playoffs...Could see them winning it this year too. 2004 would be 2011 Wade and I could see them winning it this year as well.

NBA Superstar

Honestly? Most of them. Lebron, Durant, and Wade for SURE.

I don't think Durant could replace Kobe and still win 3 championships. His defense, playmaking and overall play in the postseason has left a lot to be desired.

Wade and LeBron would probably win 3 though. LeBron definitely would.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

0 without Kobe.

That is indisputable.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

This is how bad it has gotten for Kobe haters...

Imaginary situations to degrade him.

Top 5 all time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I don't think Durant could replace Kobe and still win 3 championships. His defense, playmaking and overall play in the postseason has left a lot to be desired.

Wade and LeBron would probably win 3 though. LeBron definitely would.
    With LeBron I see them winning in 2003 and 2004 as well. As crazy it sounds, I think Lebron with Shaq would have gotten 5 straight.

Durant would be he best choice. Dynamic scorer who doesn't need the ball too much in his hands to produce. Reliable in close games down the stretch. Would play well in the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    With LeBron I see them winning in 2003 and 2004 as well. As crazy it sounds, I think Lebron with Shaq would have gotten 5 straight.
    The smartest poster on this forum has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Durant would be he best choice. Dynamic scorer who doesn't need the ball too much in his hands to produce. Reliable in close games down the stretch. Would play well in the triangle.
    I agree 100% here. He'd be a perfect fit alongside Shaq and wouldn't need the ball. You're either covering Shaq m2m in the post of Durant is having a field day showing uncontested jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    The smartest poster on this forum has spoken.
    Why thank you, you Sir
    Spoken like a true genius and a solid Kobe hater

@Feeny - it would also be LeBron's first time playing with a coach that could make him...dare I say...better. Phil could get a even more out of LeBron, which is downright scary. 5 titles wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I might be underselling Durant (his scoring would be ridiculous with the amount of attention Shaq drew), but Kobe's playmaking was crucial during the Laker 3-peat. As was his defense, back when he actually played it. Wade and LeBron fit that mold a bit more, at least IMO.