Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Grinder's 2014 Mock Draft

Good, realistic mock.

It's not the best players available at every spot, but it's the sort of order we could actually see happen.

Ok, after thinking about it for a while, I've swapped Young and Stauskas. I think Young's awful defense is too much for Brett Brown to ignore while Stauskas should fit nicely next to MCW.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Ok, after thinking about it for a while, I've swapped Young and Stauskas. I think Young's awful defense is too much for Brett Brown to ignore while Stauskas should fit nicely next to MCW.

Great work, man

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Doubt the 76ers will take Embiid with Noel already there. If they don't make a trade, I think they'll take Exum.

The Jazz or Celtics will grab Embiid although I'll be fcuking excited if he falls to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    Doubt the 76ers will take Embiid with Noel already there. If they don't make a trade, I think they'll take Exum.

The Jazz or Celtics will grab Embiid although I'll be fcuking excited if he falls to the Lakers.
    You doubt sixers take Embiid with Noel there but say they take Exum with...ready for this? MCW there. Whaaaaaaat?

I personally think an Embiid/Noel combo can work. Might have a little trouble with small ball lineups but I don't see a huge problem on offense. I think it'd be easier to make that combo work than MCW/Exum.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Calling it now, Exum will be the second best player this draft after Wiggins . I really liked his highlights

If Wiggins is off the board, Embiid is by far the best choice for the Sixers, and not just because he has the biggest upside of the draft.

The idea that the current league is all about spacing and therefore Twin Towers are a thing of the past is false.

Especially since both Embiid and Noel have the potential to be decent midrange jump shooters, like Robinson and Duncan, or more recently Gasol and Bynum. Embiid is already ok in that department, and Noel apparently spent all year working just on that.

If you get good Twin Towers, you will go far in any era. That interior defense with Noel and Embiid would be truly frightening. MCW, two random three point shooters, Noel and Embiid could be the foundation for something great.

The problem is health. But the odds that BOTH Embiid and Noel turn out to be unhealthy are low, so drafting another big can also serve as insurance policy.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Calling it now, Exum will be the second best player this draft after Wiggins . I really liked his highlights
    Which ones? Because I looked up some highlights of him in Australia and that shitlooked terrible. He was playing against THE most unathletic group of professionals ive ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    JR Smith has great highlights, too, but he's never been the second best player of anything.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Which ones? Because I looked up some highlights of him in Australia and that shitlooked terrible. He was playing against THE most unathletic group of professionals ive ever seen
    Well I was impressed by the fluidity of his game and his jumper had pretty good form just needs to be more consistent.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You doubt sixers take Embiid with Noel there but say they take Exum with...ready for this? MCW there. Whaaaaaaat?
    Try reading over your post before clicking "Submit Reply"

Exum can play SG apparently, and there have been talks of the Sixers taking him.

Which one would you take with the third pick:

1) A 6'6 very athletic point guard/shooting guard with high potential

OR

2) A bigman with huge potential but has already had two stress fractures (and surgery) before even playing in the NBA while you also have another bigman with high potential, coming off an ACL injury.

Assuming you have a brain (and that's a big assumption based on your post), you're going to take option 2.

Exum can play SG based on what? The fact he's been ranked as a PG? The fact that if sixers drafted him MCW trade rumors erupted? The fact that he can shoot (sarcasm)? The fact that he proved he could play without the ball in his hands which he's done his entire bball career apparently?

Sixers have been linked to drafting Embiid as well. So your point about them being linked to drafting Exum is what again?

Embiid and Noel can work. MCW and Exum? Chances are you're trading MCW. But hey HEY I say Exum can play SG because someone compared him to a young Kobe. You're bright.

So again it makes no sense to draft Embiid with Noel yet makes total sense to draft Exum to play next to MCW. Uh huh

What will happen tonight will have nothing to do with me pointing out how silly your initial logic was in regards to drafting Embiid.

Your turn

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I personally think an Embiid/Noel combo can work. Might have a little trouble with small ball lineups but I don't see a huge problem on offense. I think it'd be easier to make that combo work than MCW/Exum.
    Bingo

The bottom line is that the Sixers are going for an aggressive, high risk high reward strategy as evidenced by their drafting Noel than tanking the season.

Embiid is perfect for that strategy, because the best case scenario if they take him transforms them into a title contender.

If it flops, Noel may still fulfill his potential. And they can keep tanking while the young players develop.