Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Official "Wilt Chamberlain era" GIF thread

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Reed giving Russell the business

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    No, you mean "The Celtic Dynasty Era." Russell was beaten like a drum by Chamberlain in that era. If it hadn't been for his teammates thoroughly outplaying Wilt's, it likely would have been the "Wilt Dynasty Era."
    Russell has the hardware, what does Wilt have? Empty stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Russell has the hardware, what does Wilt have? Empty stats?
    Russell's TEAMs have the RINGS. Wilt out-voted Russell in First Team All-NBA Selections by a 7-2 margin in their ten years in the league together. He was already considered the better player in his ROOKIE season, when he won BOTH the ROY AND the MVP. And by the mid-60's he was ROUTING Russell in MVP balloting. Very few at the time (and probably even including Russell and Auerbach) believed Russell was the better player.

Of course, we know that Wilt SINGLE-HANDEDLY carried FAR inferior rosters to near monumental upsets of the greatest TEAM DYNASTY in NBA history...AND, when he FINALLY had an equal supporting cast (and that was healthy), he WIPED the floor with Russell and his eight-time defending champions.

Wilt = GOAT.

Russell's TEAMs have the RINGS. Wilt out-voted Russell in First Team All-NBA Selections by a 7-2 margin in their ten years in the league together. He was already considered the better player in his ROOKIE season, when he won BOTH the ROY AND the MVP. And by the mid-60's he was ROUTING Russell in MVP balloting. Very few at the time (and probably even including Russell and Auerbach) believed Russell was the better player.

Of course, we know that Wilt SINGLE-HANDEDLY carried FAR inferior rosters to near monumental upsets of the greatest TEAM DYNASTY in NBA history...AND, when he FINALLY had an equal supporting cast (and that was healthy), he WIPED the floor with Russell and his eight-time defending champions.

Wilt = GOAT.
    Your GOAT has only 2 rings, 1 as the man. Nice try doe.

NBA Superstar

These are great. I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit. Digging the Bob Pettit and Connie Hawkins clips, in particular. What era is that Hawkins dunk from? And if I may ask, what are you using to create your gifs?
    Last edited by Rake2204; 05-12-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Your GOAT has only 2 rings, 1 as the man. Nice try doe.
    BOTH as the MAN. He won the FMVP in '72,. and would have won it in '67 had the award existed.

Clearly, the most dominant player of all-time.

And Russell NEVER outplayed Wilt in ANY of their EIGHT post-season series...and in fact, probably didn't outplay him in more than a handful of their 49 post-season games. BUT, I could post games in which Chamberlain just ANNIHILATED Russell in their post-season H2H's.

BOTH as the MAN. He won the FMVP in '72,. and would have won it in '67 had the award existed.

Clearly, the most dominant player of all-time.
    You mean the most dominated player of all time. Lost too many times to be considered top 3 GOAT. Don't worry his empty stats will carry him to at least 4-10 in the all time lists.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Connie Hawkins:

You mean the most dominated player of all time. Lost too many times to be considered top 3 GOAT. Don't worry his empty stats will carry him to at least 4-10 in the all time lists.
    Go ahead post these games and series in which Wilt was "dominated." And I want his opposing centers numbers, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    These are great. I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit. Digging the Bob Pettit and Connie Hawkins clips, in particular. What era is that Hawkins dunk from? And if I may ask, what are you using to create your gifs?
    I just use my video editing program, adobe premiere pro

Go ahead post these games and series in which Wilt was "dominated." And I want his opposing centers numbers, as well.
    Wilt lost so many times in the playoffs being the biggest most athletic and skilled center in his time and you tell me he is the GOAT? What's your excuse? He didn't have help?

When Russell retired Wilt still only won one more ring even when he had enough help to get over the hump. What's your excuse? Injuries? I thought he was so strong a lion couldn't even scratch him?

Being the great scorer he was, why did his coaches ask him to score less? I thought he was unstoppable? What's your excuse? Bad coaching? Or maybe he just wasn't really that dominant and his empty stats translate to alienating his team making them useless in the long run?

Hawkins had an enormous wingspan and huge hands. The ball looked like a grapefruit in his hands. And he was the KING of the "Windmill Dunk", too.

Wilt lost so many times in the playoffs being the biggest most athletic and skilled center in his time and you tell me he is the GOAT? What's your excuse? He didn't have help?

When Russell retired Wilt still only won one more ring even when he had enough help to get over the hump. What's your excuse? Injuries? I thought he was so strong a lion couldn't even scratch him?

Being the great scorer he was, why did his coaches ask him to score less? I thought he was unstoppable? What's your excuse? Bad coaching? Or maybe he just wasn't really that dominant and his empty stats translate to alienating his team making them useless in the long run?
    Again...where are your EXAMPLES? And not just ONE, either, but SEVERAL. I can point out single games, series, and playoffs in which EVERY GOAT has crumbled...LEAST of all, Chamberlain.

If Wilt was this "choker" carrying LAST-PLACE rosters to game seven two and one point losses against the greatest dynasty in the history of the sport, and just murdering Russell in the process...

then MJ really CHOKED against the 85-86 Celtics, when despite his 44 ppg average, and playoff record 63 point game, his TEAM was SWEPT. Obviously it was Jordan's fault, right?

GTFO with your pathetic NONSENSE!