Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

Theres thousands of players out there that can cud have better fourth quarter performances in tha NBA finals than Lebron for sure

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

There aren't unknown players out there better than LeBron James. That's ****ing ridiculous.

However... I will say, that out of 7 billion people in the world, if they all grew up dedicated to nothing but trying to be in the NBA, LBJ would not be the world's best player like he is now, in all extreme statistical probability. He might not even be top 10.

There are so very many people who don't play basketball, have never cared to, nor ever care to. If literally EVERYONE on the planet were gunning for the NBA and dedicated all of their talent & efforts into attaining that goal, he would not be the best. But he is. It's all hypothetical anyways.

But I'll leave it at this... there's a reason that Jamaicans are dominating the Olympic Games in running events right now... and it's not because there's something in the water. A great, great number of people in that country love running, grow up loving running, and grow up trying to give it their all to be on that level.

Also... to the guy who said he knows someone who plays pickup and shoots 80% in those games.... **** you. Not the same pressure, not the same competition, not the same level of athleticism required, nor amount of endurance. There's a reason that no NBA players shoot 60%+ from 3 but can easily do so in shoot around and casual situations where their mind is at total ease.
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 03-22-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Banned

Bullshit. There are no streetballers who can hold Lebron's jockstrap. The best streetball player to even make it to the NBA in modern times was Skip to my lou aka Rafer Alston who was a street legend but an average NBA player at best.

Anyone who is of age can try out for an NBA team, I don't remember hearing about any street ballers coming along to challenge Lebron's throne.

And did anyone see what happened when Kevin Durant went to the Rucker?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Anyone that really believes that "all the best players in the world are in the NBA" is retarded.
    Yeah because there is someone in Euro league as good as Lebron..

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

there's a possibility but very slim

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    That's possible. Doesn't mean they're better at basketball.
    But what if he does play basketball, it's not like NBA scouts go to war torn area of Africa on a consistent basis to scout

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Some player from war torn area of Africa would not be refined and know all the nuisances of gm just playing in the jungle without proper training even if he had a 50" vert..

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Some player from war torn area of Africa would not be refined and know all the nuisances of gm just playing in the jungle without proper training even if he had a 50" vert..
    Yea but after 2 years with Pop that brother would shit on Lebron.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

I can 100% guarantee you that you were not on the way to the strip club as you say.

I can bet my life that you are not of age to go to a strip club.

You specifically mentioned strip club because you are trying to portray your age to be older than you actually are. When in fact you are probably 14-16 years old.

It's just pretty clear, the way you portray your arguments, as mature as you try to sound, there's "slivers" of emotional immaturity that comes through in every last thread you make.

Either that, or you're mentally disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac
    But what if he does play basketball, it's not like NBA scouts go to war torn area of Africa on a consistent basis to scout
    Yes they do. College and NBA scouts visit war-torn countries all the time.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

That's BS.

Everyone has picked up a basketball at some point.

99% of high schoolers with all-world talent would know about it and would get on their basketball team.

Once they are there, they'll know that they have a chance to make millions of dollars per year in the NBA. And nobody is going to turn that chance down.

If this was curling or some obscure sport where not everybody has even attempted, then yeah, your friend could be right. There are probably many great potential curlers out there who dont know about their curling skill because they never went to a "curling rink" (or wherever u go to play curling).

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    LeBron is the best by default. He hit his peak at the perfect time without any real competition.

LeBron being compared to MJ makes me vomit.
    While I somewhat agree with this because think about it, MJ entered the league when these GOAT players like KAJ was still beasting, Moses Malone won a chip the year before, prime Hakeem, Magic and Bird were killing it, played against Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing and a young stud in Shaq. OTOH, other than prime Shaq, Kobe and Duncan, who are GOAT time candidates that LBJ has to beat? Old ass Garnett? Maybe Durant?

I'm not taking anything away from LBJ, he is an elite talent and in my opinion will be mentioned as a at least top 5 GOAT but his competition has been nowhere near as tough as MJ's for example...MJ lost MVPs to the likes of Magic and Bird for fvcks sake. You also need to look at level of competition when you compare legends...back to the thread topic though, OP your friend is full of shit, LeBron would literally murder a street player with one of his vicous dunks. He's the best player the world has to offer today, no doubt about that.
    Last edited by TheMan; 03-22-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Yes they do. College and NBA scouts visit war-torn countries all the time.
    Bullshit those ****ers get paid 30K a year with no benefits, no white boy making that low is going to be like.

"Sure I'll go stay in Africa for two weeks and try to scout NBA talent while avoiding death from Lions, Child Soldiers, Malaria, Hippos, and Gorillas."

why would anyone read all this?

14 year olds aint allowed in strip clubs. all this is trollin

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    On the way to the strip club, we had this argument over how many teams should be in the NBA. He said that there should be 36 teams. The cities he said should have cities including the new Seattle Sonics are: San Diego, New Sacramento team, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Vegas.

I told him that it would dilute the overall talent of the league. He said that there are a lot of players out there who could play in the NBA but don't because of a myriad of reasons: maybe the didn't go to college, maybe they had an injury for a short time and never got a chance, or maybe they weren't mature enough.

But he went on and on about how some of them play street ball and are amazing. I kept saying better than Lebron?!! He was saying there are 6 billion people in this world and it would be ridiculous to think there aren't other players out there. He said if there were more players in the NBA, more would get a chance to be a Wade or a Kobe.

I asked him if there is someone out there who could put on a jersey, go play on a team right now, and put up Lebron James numbers. And he instantly said, ''Sure, why not? Even better maybe! There are 6 billion people out there, you just haven't heard or seen everyone.'' And I told him that Lebron trains and has years and years of experience and he still insisted that other street ballers out there train and know about strategy as well.

Ahhh, some people just don't get it. I tried to knock sense into him. He is also the same guy who said Sprewell was the 2nd best scorer after Jordan and that the average player scores 6 points a game.
    Somebody being better than Bron may have been possible 20 years ago. But today's social media it makes it extremely hard for him not to be noticed.

Sure there may be some with similar attributes but that doesn't mean that they're better or can even play in the league.

There's probably hundreds of players around the world that have similar to superior traits compared to Kobe, it doesn't make them equal or better.