Default Re: #15 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Julius Erving, MD

Dr. J.

High School Starter

The mailman

Dr. J, some would argue he should have been before West. Me personally i had west over Dr. J by a hair.

College star

No one voting Dr. J willing to plead his case over Malone and Pettit?

LoL @ Dirk getting a vote this high.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    No one voting Dr. J willing to plead his case over Malone and Pettit?

LoL @ Dirk getting a vote this high.
    well technically it was requested to just vote, but to answer your question dr.J was already argued over Oscar and West, to bring it up now is too repetative and almost irrelevant

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    well technically it was requested to just vote, but to answer your question dr.J was already argued over Oscar and West, to bring it up now is too repetative and almost irrelevant
    What type of logic is that?

A player is compared to the other legit players vying for the same ranking. You think because Dr. J's career was previously compared to West and Oscar's careers, it's "irrelevant" to assess it again when contrasting it to two completely different players?

What type of logic is that?

A player is compared to the other legit players vying for the same ranking. You think because Dr. J's career was previously compared to West and Oscar's careers, it's "irrelevant" to assess it again when contrasting it to two completely different players?

Is it that time of the month? I answered your question, no need to get pissy

I'm saying that the ame argument was used for the 10th, 11th, and 12th spot. don't you think it's repetative? Would you like the same poster to copy and paste their argument in each and every voting thread?

Use your head
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 08-29-2012 at 12:48 AM.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Dr J

College star

Is it that time of the month? I answered your question, no need to get pissy

I'm saying that he's been argued for the 10th, 11th, and 12th spot. don't you think it's repetative? Would you like the same poster to copy and paste their argument in each and every voting thread?

Use your head
    No need to be simple minded.

His case was made for those rankings, and he ultimately lost to Bron, Oscar, and West. Clearly people felt there were greater players to be placed before him.

So, what makes you think that the debate doesn't need to be had for #15, #16, #17, ect.? We are comparing him to entirely different players in my assessment. How his ability and achievements fair against their own is independent of his previous comparisons.

Let's be cereal.

No need to be simple minded.

His case was made for those rankings, and he ultimately lost to Bron, Oscar, and West. Clearly people felt there were greater players to be placed before him.

So, what makes you think that the debate doesn't need to be had for #15, #16, #17, ect.? We are comparing him to entirely different players in my assessment. How his ability and achievements fair against their own is independent of his previous comparisons.

Let's be cereal.
    Your voting a player to secure a spot in the ranking. So essentially you're making a case for why he should be there. A spot in which several players can be argued for the same spot. So if you're player doesn't get voted in you recycle that same info. It's a simple voting system, yes debate may break out and it has, but no need to repeat yourself when essentially you're repeating the same name until your player gets voted in. But don't get all willy nilly if no one want to challenge your argument in here.

Debating Dr.J over Pettit or Malone is a great argument, does it really need to be debated in this environment? when you're at town hall trying to pass a law where it's yay or nay do you ask every member why they voted yay or nay? Start a thread if you feel it's worthy.

When did "Julius" become better than Elgin Baylor?

College star

Your voting a player to secure a spot in the ranking. So essentially you're making a case for why he should be there. A spot in which several players can be argued for the same spot. So if you're player doesn't get voted in you recycle that same info. It's a simple voting system, yes debate may break out and it has, but no need to repeat yourself when essentially you're repeating the same name until your player gets voted in. But don't get all willy nilly if no one want to challenge your argument in here.

Debating Dr.J over Pettit or Malone is a great argument, does it really need to be debated in this environment? when you're at town hall trying to pass a law where it's yay or nay do you ask every member why they voted yay or nay? Start a thread if you feel it's worthy.
    Considering this thread is the base of that discussion, I'd think it would be more plausible to hold that debate within this thread rather than sprout a new one.

Banned

Ray Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Top 100 Greatest NBA Players Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Larry Bird
    6. Wilt Chamberlain
    7. Shaquille O'Neal
    8. Kobe Bryant
    9. Tim Duncan
    10. Hakeem Olajuwon
    11. Lebron James
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Oscar Robertson
    14. Jerry West
    What is Lebron doing there at 11?

I haven't been following this at all so I have no right to complain but that's not right