Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets: "Dwight Blew It"

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Then people need to stop mentioning the Lakers in free agency because they are COMPLETELY crippled and irrelevant in that regard for the last decade and much of the next 5 years. Unless somehow you can dump Gasol and Bynum off on somebody. Kobe alone accounts for 50 percent of the cap . Nobody in my memory has signed up to play for the Lakers at a discount that was a great player outside of very declined Payton and Malone. So the notion that everybody wants to go to the Lakers is unfounded.
    A Clipper fan talking trash about the Lakers? ??

Then people need to stop mentioning the Lakers in free agency because they are COMPLETELY crippled and irrelevant in that regard for the last decade and much of the next 5 years. Unless somehow you can dump Gasol and Bynum off on somebody. Kobe alone accounts for 50 percent of the cap . Nobody in my memory has signed up to play for the Lakers at a discount that was a great player outside of very declined Payton and Malone. So the notion that everybody wants to go to the Lakers is unfounded.
    Um. The two worst contracts in the league were traded in one week (Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson).

Never say never.

Banned

If this is true and the Nets no longer going after him, Mavs move to his #1 spot to resign. He might be traded to Lakers but he won't resign there. Enjoy your one year rental. He wants to play with Deron or Dirk. Dirk is a winner that is not a self cocky ball hog that wants to take all the credit like Kobe. Dirk is confirmed clutch in the playoffs in the 4th. All he needed was a defensive monster like Chandler to help with the stops in order to get the lead. Defensive Player of the Year D12 would fit nicely in that role. They just need Deron and Dwight to take a haircut off their salaries just like Lebron,Wade,Bosh did with 15mil a year when they could have all had 20mil. I'm sure they would both do 13mil each if it meant being on a winning team.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Dwight swallowed it...

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Um. The two worst contracts in the league were traded in one week (Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson).

Never say never.
    Plus they are still both very good players. Just not sure why people keep acting like the Lakers can sign everybody and not abide by cap. I wish people were less ignorant about that kind of stuff. Lakers are crippled right now when it comes to financial flexibility. A team would really have to help you guys out to free things up. As for poster above... I'm not talking shit at all, just stating the facts.

People keep saying Lakers are going to sign this guy and that guy. LAKERS AREN'T SIGNING SHIT. At least until they can somehow shed Bynum or Gasol. No team can flat out absorb 20 million right now.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Why is batman spanking catwoman???? What are these pics??

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

please let this be a 3 way trade with magic to get dwight

magic will joe johnson humpries and lopez
    nets will get d12 and richardson
    atl to get turk and the scrubs plus pick.

if not ...

d will will be better with dallas than with joe johnson

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yes the punishment for Dwight is he will end up on the Lakers with Kobe. I feel bad for him.

Plus they are still both very good players. Just not sure why people keep acting like the Lakers can sign everybody and not abide by cap. I wish people were less ignorant about that kind of stuff. Lakers are crippled right now when it comes to financial flexibility. A team would really have to help you guys out to free things up. As for poster above... I'm not talking shit at all, just stating the facts.

People keep saying Lakers are going to sign this guy and that guy. LAKERS AREN'T SIGNING SHIT. At least until they can somehow shed Bynum or Gasol. No team can flat out absorb 20 million right now.
    no one said anything about free agency and the lakers in this thread. your victimization complex defines you as a poster and probably as a virgin

I rep Lakers!

That is just not true.

Pau is pretty much gone already for pieces. And if we trade for Dwight we have an all star player or 17mil coming of the cap room for the future.

Da Mavs

The Nets just did.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    The Nets just did.
    Naw they traded out matching salaries man. Even if it was an uneven trade. Point was Lakers are what 15-20 mill over cap? They would have to free up that much AND enough cap to sign whoever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    no one said anything about free agency and the lakers in this thread. your victimization complex defines you as a poster and probably as a virgin
    Bagel joked about him going to the Lakers but the last few days Lakers fans are still going on about how they are going to get CP3 or Dwight or other big stars like that. Lakers aren't going to skip a rebuild and people need to respect that. Even if Lakers always rebuild quickly they need 5 years at least after Kobe to rebuild.

I rep Lakers!

Bagel joked about him going to the Lakers but the last few days Lakers fans are still going on about how they are going to get CP3 or Dwight or other big stars like that. Lakers aren't going to skip a rebuild and people need to respect that. Even if Lakers always rebuild quickly they need 5 years at least after Kobe to rebuild.
    Just stop

Since you're a Clipper fan you probably don't understand that it doesnt take 100yrs to build a decent team....
    Last edited by WeGetRing2012; 07-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher

Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now.
    Dramaqueen Dwight changes his mind again, lol....