Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Lebron game logs from his 1st NBA finals

For all those talking smack about how bad Curry is/was let's take a look at how Lebron did in his first NBA finals:

Game 1: 4/16 for 14 points, 4 assist, 7 rebounds, 6 turnovers
    Game 2: 9/21 for 25 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 6 turnovers
    Game 3: 9/23 for 25 points, 8 rebounds, 7 dimes, 5 turnovers
    Game 4: 10/30 for 24 points, 6 rebounds, 10 dimes, 6 turnovers

I'm pretty sure AMC will do better than that this series. Oh, also Lebron finished 2nd in MVP voting that year (2nd to Nash).

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron game logs from his 1st NBA finals

Well you're comparing a guy with the worst finals cast in history to a guy with arguably one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    For all those talking smack about how bad Curry is/was let's take a look at how Lebron did in his first NBA finals:

I'm pretty sure AMC will do better than that this series. Oh, also Lebron finished 2nd in MVP voting that year (2nd to Nash).
    Give us a list of his supporting cast, and while you are at, how about the team that he faced, as well.

Lebron was 22 yrs.old while Curry is 27 yrs.old. And he has a much better supporting casts than 2007 and 2015 Cavaliers.

2007 Spurs > 2015 Cavaliers who were devastated by injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Give us a list of his supporting cast, and while you are at, how about the team that he faced, as well.
    07 Spurs were ranked as the 11th best finals cast in the last 30 years vs. the 2nd worst in the 07 Cavs.

For this year, 15 Cavs are the third worst in the last 30 years while the Dubs are the 14th best. There is no reason why this series should be competitive right now considering how depleted Cleveland is.

And I think 15 Cavs being the third worst was still factoring in Kyrie's +/- since the rankings were done before Kyrie was declared out for the season.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

insane how 2011 lebron was still younger than curry

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    07 Spurs were ranked as the 11th best finals cast in the last 30 years vs. the 2nd worst in the 07 Cavs.

For this year, 15 Cavs are the third worst in the last 30 years while the Dubs are the 14th best. There is no reason why this series should be competitive right now considering how depleted Cleveland is.

And I think 15 Cavs being the third worst was still factoring in Kyrie's +/- since the rankings were done before Kyrie was declared out for the season.
    Aside from his '11 Finals, Lebron has played well. Even in the '07 Finals, he did all he could and against insurmountable odds.

So far in this year's Finals...he has been brilliant.

But, I would temper that with the fact that this series is tied 1-1. I suspect it is about to become one-sided.

Aside from his '11 Finals, Lebron has played well. Even in the '07 Finals, he did all he could and against insurmountable odds.

So far in this year's Finals...he has been brilliant.

But, I would temper that with the fact that this series is tied 1-1. I suspect it is about to become one-sided.
    It's hard to imagine that Curry will shoot that poor again, but it's also hard to imagine Klay will have another game that good... but he could. I'm really hoping that the Cavs role players will step up at home. JR is pretty good in cleveland, same with shump. I fear the fatigue though... LeBron playing 50 minutes last game, only day of rest. This will be a giant test to his athleticism.

It's hard to imagine that Curry will shoot that poor again, but it's also hard to imagine Klay will have another game that good... but he could. I'm really hoping that the Cavs role players will step up at home. JR is pretty good in cleveland, same with shump. I fear the fatigue though... LeBron playing 50 minutes last game, only day of rest. This will be a giant test to his athleticism.

I personally think the Cavs lost the series in game one. Had they been able to hold on, and would now have a 2-0 series lead...and playing two at home (even with Kyrie), and I think we would have been in for a seven game series.

I just don't think that will happen now.

Having said that, though, I never make any predictions. I have seen too many "miracles" in my lifetime.

Local High School Star

I personally think the Cavs lost the series in game one. Had they been able to hold on, and would now have a 2-0 series lead...and playing two at home (even with Kyrie), and I think we would have been in for a seven game series.

I just don't think that will happen now.

Having said that, though, I never make any predictions. I have seen too many "miracles" in my lifetime.
    Even if Cavs lost, it woud not change the fact that Lebron is still the best player in the league. Game 3 will be the crucial game for me. Had Cavs won it "The Miracle" could happen.

And I really agree with that aside from 2011 Finals Lebron doesn't deserve the blame and labels "choker", "loser". Nowadays he had the perfect opportunity to wash out all the bad memories from the past.

Well you're comparing a guy with the worst finals cast in history to a guy with arguably one of the best.
    lol

Warriors without Curry are an 8th seed team.

Shaun Livingston / LeAndro Barbosa
    Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
    Harrison Barnes / Andre Iguodala
    Draymond Green / David Lee
    Andrew Bogut / Mareese Speights / Festus Ezeli

is a pretty mediocre team without a superstar. they have an all-star and some good role players but that's it.

Dirk was the MVP that year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Ether

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    insane how 2011 lebron was still younger than curry
    Probably right around the same age, I'm thinking...