Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: MJ getting ahead of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Svendiggity
    About the refs calling fouls differently today: Even IF they made an attempt to call more fouls today, they have failed (statistically)
    We're not talking about overall fouls. We're talking about fouls on guards. In today's game big guys can get pushed and hit without a foul but if you as much as breathe on a guard it's a foul.

I haven't looked it up to the point of analyzing the statistics, so I could be wrong, but if you factor in pace, I don't believe there's a snowball's chance in hell that guards of today's game aren't getting foul calls at a much higher rate. Then you've got shit like defensive three seconds & etc that also play into a guard's favor. Give me a break.

Jordan is right... he would have either fouled out or been able to drop 100 at some point. He is head and shoulders above any guard today at scoring the basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    lol @ calling Kobe a "shot-jacker" when that piece of shit Jordan lead the league in FGA attempts 10 times to Kobe's 2.
    Piece of shit Jordan?

When you are as efficient as Jordan you are allowed to shoot as much as he does. Not only is he one of the best scorers of all time but he is also one of the most efficient players ever at the SG spot. Same can't be said about Kobe

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    lol @ calling Kobe a "shot-jacker" when that piece of shit Jordan lead the league in FGA attempts 10 times to Kobe's 2.
    If Jordan is a piece of shit, Kobe is a smear on the toilet paper, and you're a wet fart.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    they'd run out of players to guard him and he'd be fuking their cheerleaders by the 4th quarter on his way out..

Is this going to be the norm? People trying to downgrade Jordan because he dared to say he wouldn't join up with his rivals instead of trying to beat him? Any of you actually watch him back in the day? What exactly about his asshole i will kill you or die trying personality makes you think he would?

Quote Originally Posted by JDKMagic
    He is head and shoulders above any guard today at scoring the basketball.
    I don't know if that's the case on a one-game basis. On a game to game basis yes, but when Kobe's hot, he can score just as well as anyone in history.

I don't think MJ could put up 100 even in today's league. The game would have to played at ridiculous pace for MJ to get the FT's needed.

In that game against Orlando when he put up 49 FGA, he would have needed 40FT's to even get close to 100. That's insane.

Jordan has earned the right to say whatever the f*ck he wants to say.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

At 38 he scored 45 points in 3 quarters, folks. Wizzards game vs. the Hornets. Were he in his prime I'm sure he could average 35-40 ppg now, with plenty of 50+ or even 60+ games. As for 100? It's not impossible. He probably would need a double OT game to do that, but it could happen. Especially after him having seen Kobe score 81. MJ was a pretty competitive dude, you know.

BTW, I don't like Jordan.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Piece of shit Jordan?

When you are as efficient as Jordan you are allowed to shoot as much as he does. Not only is he one of the best scorers of all time but he is also one of the most efficient players ever at the SG spot. Same can't be said about Kobe
    Actually, Kobe's efficiency has always been excellent given his usage and volume. The point is calling Kobe a "shot-jacker" is laughable considering MJ lead the league in FGA 10 freaking times.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by JDKMagic
    If Jordan is a piece of shit, Kobe is a smear on the toilet paper, and you're a wet fart.
    Jordan kiddies getting mad seeing their hero insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Jordan has earned the right to say whatever the f*ck he wants to say.
    This.

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Its a bit arrogant.... but hey at least he is honest, you know... he really could actually get 100 points with todays weak ass rules...

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

I'm sure the 100 point statement was just a bit of hyperbole, but he absolutely would dominate offensively. If he could average 37 points per game in the 1986-87 season in a much tougher NBA, he'd would definitely run circles around this generation's watered down defenses.
    Last edited by game385; 10-09-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz
    How has the game changed from your playing days?

Jordan: It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously. Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points.

I love MJ but I never like it when players use could and would. He basically dissed the whole league which is kinda ****ed up to me.
    seriously??? Everybody is friends with everybody, do you think MJ would have left the bulls to buddy up w/ Ewing/Barkley? Would Bird have left the Celtics to buddy up with Magic???

EVERYBODY is friends with EVERYBODY. Watch the Knicks/Bulls playoff wars of the mid 90's, and players WOULDNT DARE help the opposing teams player get up. Nowadays its a love-fest.

Not airballing my layups anymore KABIRC's Avatar

Talking Re: MJ getting ahead of himself?

He has a point. Even though his "100 point" ting is kind of pushing it he's right about the rules, and it probably would've prevented him from playing the way he played