Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default Is butler milking this team????

i know he has became an all star and is right now at the best stage of his career..

the angel in me says keep jimmy hes a great player leader.

the devil in me says we have rose let him get better and take over primary ball handling and trade jimmy away and get something good in return and just replace him with doug or another roll player.

i havnt realy figured out what to trade him for but. Carmelo cousins/maclemore come to mind...

Default Re: Is butler milking this team????

i dont know what you are saying, but let me give you my perspective.

jimmy is a good player that has peaked. he made the allstar team, that doesnt mean hes going to make it next year or again for the rest of his career. making the allstar team once doesnt make him a "allstar" in terms of a player whos made it multiple times consistently. jimmy hasnt led this team to be an elite team at all. even last year when he had the team to himself. as a shooting guard thats suppose to be a star caliber, hes not. hes not harden. hes not even producing more than 15' wade in stats. prime wade was scoring like 27 points and 6 assists, butler is 20 points and 3 assist, thats far off from being a star shooting guard.

with that said, if we can afford butler for what hes worth, i think hes worth on average 14 a year, then sign him. if he wants more, dont. the people that actually think to get rid of rose over butler, is just ludacris.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

he is a high trade chip right now i like him and the bulls have been looking for that good shooting guard for a while but what im trying to get to is that he can be replaced by a shooting guard that spreads the floor. THE problem is he guards lebron... But then again lebron smashed us in the play-offs butler obviously has intentions to get this big pay check when the cap goes up. Either from us or he plans to leave us dry with nothing in return. Trade - be safe get carmelo/cousins maybe even kobe rental. lots of teams would love to make butler a center piece.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

He's enjoying free agency, being woo'ed and getting a feel for the market. That's not milking, it's just being a good businessman.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    he is a high trade chip right now i like him and the bulls have been looking for that good shooting guard for a while but what im trying to get to is that he can be replaced by a shooting guard that spreads the floor. THE problem is he guards lebron... But then again lebron smashed us in the play-offs butler obviously has intentions to get this big pay check when the cap goes up. Either from us or he plans to leave us dry with nothing in return. Trade - be safe get carmelo/cousins maybe even kobe rental. lots of teams would love to make butler a center piece.
    he cant guard lebron. hes a shooting guard guarding a forward. it doesnt work. look at igoudalas size compared to jimmy.